PDA

View Full Version : 2 Steelers and 1 former Steelers 2nd and Third in Sacks

BigRob
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow,

Harrison is 2nd, and Porter is tied with LaMarr Woodley for 3rd in the league after 5 games. Pretty Kewl.

phillyesq
10-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Woodley and Harrison have been great this year. And I think that they make each other better -- you can't really slide extra protection to one side or the other. I love the way Harrison plays the game, and Woodley is really exciting to watch.

As for Porter, good for him. I'm surprised that he is as high in the sack rankings as he is -- I really thought he was starting to slow down. I still think that the Steelers made the right decision with letting him go -- I wonder if he would be as effective in the Steelers system as he is with the Dolphins.

frankthetank1
10-08-2008, 08:49 AM
im really suprised porter is that high on the list. i knew he had a couple sacks against the pats. i thought he was definetly washed up. good for him, im glad to see him having success. maybe it will justify his contract.

rpmpit
10-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Happy for Porter.

Happier for us!!!

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Many on this board have been excited about what kind of production Woodley would have once he was elevated into a starting role. That same question was answered when Harrison became a starter after the departure of Porter. Our OLBs will both make the PRO BOWL. Yes, you heard it hear first. They will each tally at least have a dozen sacks a piece and will reestablish the fact that this franchise churns out some of the greatest LBs that have ever played the game.

frankthetank1
10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Many on this board have been excited about what kind of production Woodley would have once he was elevated into a starting role. That same question was answered when Harrison became a starter after the departure of Porter. Our OLBs will both make the PRO BOWL. Yes, you heard it hear first. They will each tally at least have a dozen sacks a piece and will reestablish the fact that this franchise churns out some of the greatest LBs that have ever played the game.

i wouldnt be suprised at all if they both made the pro bowl. the one thing that makes me angry is that woodley should of started last year and harrison should of been starting in porter's last season as a steeler. i can kind of understand that woodley was a rookie last season and his coverage skills needed work, but there is no excuse for harrison other than porter was making a lot more money.

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 10:46 AM

i wouldnt be suprised at all if they both made the pro bowl. the one thing that makes me angry is that woodley should of started last year and harrison should of been starting in porter's last season as a steeler. i can kind of understand that woodley was a rookie last season and his coverage skills needed work, but there is no excuse for harrison other than porter was making a lot more money.

Well frank, they're starting now and the here and now sure looks great with regards to the defense. I think if we get depth in our DL and draft a really good shut down corner, we'll be lights out. But the elevation of LBs in just one short season, has me anticipating what other gems we'll find in the draft next year.

frankthetank1
10-08-2008, 10:50 AM

Well frank, they're starting now and the here and now sure looks great with regards to the defense. I think if we get depth in our DL and draft a really good shut down corner, we'll be lights out. But the elevation of LBs in just one short season, has me anticipating what other gems we'll find in the draft next year.

it is amazing the upgrade at lb's the steelers have made in only a couple of years. unfortunately i think bmac can be that shutdown corner but im not sure the steelers will be able to keep him. if they can resign him i think they are set for cb's. i think gay is a good player. they definetly need some youth on the dl though. i would also like to see them add a legit back up for ryan clark who is a true fs

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 10:55 AM

it is amazing the upgrade at lb's the steelers have made in only a couple of years. unfortunately i think bmac can be that shutdown corner but im not sure the steelers will be able to keep him. if they can resign him i think they are set for cb's. i think gay is a good player. they definetly need some youth on the dl though. i would also like to see them add a legit back up for ryan clark who is a true fs

I hear you on the Clark back up... Anthony "killswich" Smith has more mouth than talent. Maybe we can make a Carnell Lake move at CB with Smith?

frankthetank1
10-08-2008, 10:57 AM

I hear you on the Clark back up... Anthony "killswich" Smith has more mouth than talent. Maybe we can make a Carnell Lake move at CB with Smith?

ive never thought of smith at cb, it might work. i think smith has potential but he is better suited to play ss not fs. if anything happens to clark i would rather have deshea at fs instead of smith

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't be quite so sure about that. If the league would allow Shawne Merriman to make the Pro Bowl the same season he was caught using steroids, they shouldn't have a problem allowing Merriman to make the Pro Bowl again, even though he is on I.R. His 2 tackles in the first game surpass however many sacks Woodley might be able to get. :wink:

SteelTorch
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I was all over Woodley's nuts before the start of the season, and it looks like he's living up to it. :tt2 He alone is the biggest difference in our more successful pass rush this year.

MeetJoeGreene
10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
See. We didn't need to cut Porter. Rash move by the overpaid janitor.

:loser

:stirpot

:D

ikestops85
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I was all over Woodley's nuts before the start of the season, and it looks like he's living up to it. :tt2 He alone is the biggest difference in our more successful pass rush this year.

Can you imagine how quick he'd be without you on his nuts? :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 03:59 PM

So I guess if we follow this line of logic... Woodley only has 3.5 sacks, because Torch has his other two sacks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelTorch
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM

So I guess if we follow this line of logic... Woodley only has 3.5 sacks, because Torch has his other two sacks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
@ikestops85: yes, just imagine. :Boobs

@asiansteel: Since when did Woodley have two sacks? :shock:

stlrz d
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't like this thread title...every time I see it my mind thinks, "2 Steelers 1 cup".

Ewwwwwwwww....

:|

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't like this thread title...every time I see it my mind thinks, "2 Steelers 1 cup".

Ewwwwwwwww....

:|

Probably the foulest thing ever placed on the internet. Chocolate shake, anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorthCoast
10-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Haa, haa, haa......typical Porter. Got 3 sacks against the Pats to pad his stats....let's see how many games go by before he gets the next one....bet he disappears for a month.