PDA

View Full Version : Harrison fined 20K

Jom112
10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
James Harrison was fined 20K for his comments about the refs after the Jags game...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8652330

The league offical has slapped Steelers' All-Pro linebacker James Harrison with a $20,000 fine for comments he made following last Monday night's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, FOXSports.com has learned.

Harrison, a 2007 Pro Bowler, was flagged for a questionable roughing-the-passer penalty when he hit Jaguars quarterback David Garrard after the QB threw the ball.

"Ridiculous call," Harrison said of the penalty. "You don't make a call like that. Unless (the official) might have money on it."

Harrison's $20,000 fine falls in between those of Payton, who was docked $15,000, and Jones, who was fined $25,000.

SteelTorch
10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
James Harrison was fined 20K for his comments about the refs after the Jags game...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8652330

The league offical has slapped Steelers' All-Pro linebacker James Harrison with a $20,000 fine for comments he made following last Monday night's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, FOXSports.com has learned.

Harrison, a 2007 Pro Bowler, was flagged for a questionable roughing-the-passer penalty when he hit Jaguars quarterback David Garrard after the QB threw the ball.

"Ridiculous call," Harrison said of the penalty. "You don't make a call like that. Unless (the official) might have money on it."

Harrison's $20,000 fine falls in between those of Payton, who was docked $15,000, and Jones, who was fined $25,000.

Big surprise there.

Totally off topic Jom, but what on earth happened to VCU Rams? I glanced at his posts the last couple weeks, and was baffled. He used to be a decent poster, but now he's a troll barely cut above BB, Who2dey and Domata Dominance. :shock:

Jom112
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Big surprise there.

Totally off topic Jom, but what on earth happened to VCU Rams? I glanced at his posts the last couple weeks, and was baffled. He used to be a decent poster, but now he's a troll barely cut above BB, Who2dey and Domata Dominance. :shock:

Not sure exactly whats going on with Alex. Something triggered him a couple of weeks/months ago and he has been a little angrier ever since. He doesn't like any fraternizing between the fan bases and lashes out when he sees it. He's still a good poster, I just think he's in a mood to pick a fight.

It happens even on the internets... :lol:

Mel Blount's G
10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Dumb comment James. Dumb penalty but even dumber verbal diaharea

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM

It was not a penalty, much less a dumb one. It was a clean hit ... :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Mel Blount's G
10-07-2008, 09:52 PM

It was not a penalty, much less a dumb one. It was a clean hit ... :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger
Let me rephrase that: The fact that it was CALLED for a penalty was dumb. I called it a dumb penalty because it should not have been a penalty therefore when they called it, it ws DUMB

He got called for a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty so whether or not you and I think it was a penalty, it WAS A PENALTY

buckeyehoppy
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I guess I'm fine with him getting stoned for $20K for just talking. In the NFL today, you have to bite your tongue. For Harrison, he'll bite his after forking over some $$$.

At least he wasn't fined for the hit. That would have pi$$ed my @$$ off!!! :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Jigawatts
10-08-2008, 04:15 AM
Is it possible for Silverback to get any meaner? Remember when Spicoli trashed
Jeffersons car? Forest Whitaker turned into an animal. :x

You better give James his money back commissioners, or there's going to be some bodies
hitting the floor.

BigBen2112
10-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I guess I'm fine with him getting stoned for $20K for just talking. In the NFL today, you have to bite your tongue. For Harrison, he'll bite his after forking over some $$$.

At least he wasn't fined for the hit. That would have pi$$ed my @$$ off!!! :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

I'd rather him show passion and anger over a CLEARLY blown call by a officiating crew who has screwed this team over before, and that is PUBLICLY know...and an officiating crew without any professionalism........than have him show the lack of caring for the game and "I'll show up when I want to and do what I want to" players that dominate the "face" of the league.

AngryAsian
10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Clean hit.
Unnecessary penalty.
Lame fine.

MeetJoeGreene
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Clean hit.
Unnecessary penalty.
Lame fine.

He knew that he would get fined when he said it. But he had to let it out -- good for him.

I noticed that they don't show that penalty/hit on the NFL Replay on on-demand -- I was going to watch it a few times to over-analyze it. They showed the Nate taunting penalty and the Ryan Clark penalty though. They KNOW it was a lame call.

stlrz d
10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Clean hit.
Unnecessary penalty.
Lame fine.

He knew that he would get fined when he said it. But he had to let it out -- good for him.

I noticed that they don't show that penalty/hit on the NFL Replay on on-demand -- I was going to watch it a few times to over-analyze it. They showed the Nate taunting penalty and the Ryan Clark penalty though. They KNOW it was a lame call.

Yup...they were talking about it on the Steve Czaban show yesterday and I was going to email it to them but it's not in the highlights. Big penalty on a 3rd and 7 at a critical point in the game...but absent from the highlight reel. Hmmmmmm....