PDA

View Full Version : Predict the rest of the season

Oviedo
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
We know we are 4-1 going into the Bye. Here are my thoughts at the remainder of the season and how it will play out.

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals-Win. This will only be close because we don't typically play well coming out of a bye week and this will be the Bumgals equivalent of the Super Bowl

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants-Loss. Tough pass rush will make it tough. Power running of Brandon Jacobs will be tough to stop.

Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins-Win. The defense will win this one.

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. Not the Colts year. They are fraying on the edges.

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Loss. Chargers are not as bad as they have been playing.

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals-Win. No doubt. Bumgals playing for the #1 draft pick by this point.

Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots-Win. Payback game just like Jacksonville.

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys-Loss. Down week after an emotional win over the Patriots.

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens-Win. Flacco totally unraveled by this point. Injuries hit their defense. We lock up the AFC North title in this game.

Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans-Loss. We don't play well in Nashville.

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns-Win. Meaningless game and Leftwich is the starter but we don't let them beat us at home.

The end result: Steelers 11-5 and AFC North Champions. No worse than 10-6.

frankthetank1
10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
thats very realistic. the only games that i am really not confident about is tenn and dallas, but at least the cowboy game is at home. i do think the steelers will beat the giants though. their pass rush is very very good, but their secondary is not. i predict they will finish 11-5

BigBen2112
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
We know we are 4-1 going into the Bye. Here are my thoughts at the remainder of the season and how it will play out.

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals-Win. This will only be close because we don't typically play well coming out of a bye week and this will be the Bumgals equivalent of the Super Bowl

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants-Loss. Tough pass rush will make it tough. Power running of Brandon Jacobs will be tough to stop.

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. Not the Colts year. They are fraying on the edges.

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Loss. Chargers are not as bad as they have been playing.

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals-Win. No doubt. Bumgals playing for the #1 draft pick by this point.

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys-Loss. Down week after an emotional win over the Patriots.

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens-Win. Flacco totally unraveled by this point. Injuries hit their defense. We lock up the AFC North title in this game.

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns-Win. Meaningless game and Leftwich is the starter but we don't let them beat us at home.

You, sir, are NO Nostradamus...see my thread later for the TRUE predictions.

Oviedo
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
thats very realistic. the only games that i am really not confident about is tenn and dallas, but at least the cowboy game is at home. i do think the steelers will beat the giants though. their pass rush is very very good, but their secondary is not. i predict they will finish 11-5

I'd take 11-5 in a heartbeat. That shouldn't be a bad result for a team with a incompetent front office, an overpaid janitor head coach, clueless offensive coordinator, terrible perverted offensive line coach, disfunctional special teams coach and horrible offensive linemen.

Oviedo
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM

My heart be still. :wink:

AngryAsian
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Let me give this one a try:

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals-Win. They might play us tough, but they are the Bungles... enough said.

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants-Win. Their number rated offense will not produce on our home turf nor will Eli get passed the Bruise Brothers also named... Harry Wood. :lol:

Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins-Loss. Away with the eventual NFC East Champs. Any team that can amass 200+ yards on the ground against a Jim Johnson Eagle defense is scary.

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. This will put a stamp on Dungy's farewell season.

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Win. Chargers are going to continue flounder because LT will not stay healthy this year.

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals-Win. They just suck and deserve the doormat label.

Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots-Win. Suppositories all around for Bellichump and crew courtesy of a stout defense and Steeler backfield that finally is using its depth.

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys-Loss. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens-Win. We own the North.... nuff said.

Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans-Loss. I don't think our O-Line can contain their front 4.

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns-Win. We need to wipe the stain off of our backside.

The end result: Steelers a very optimistic 12-4 and AFC North Champions. No worse than 10-6.

BigBen2112
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Glad you took it as a joke. :lol:

frankthetank1
10-07-2008, 11:04 AM

I'd take 11-5 in a heartbeat. That shouldn't be a bad result for a team with a incompetent front office, an overpaid janitor head coach, clueless offensive coordinator, terrible perverted offensive line coach, disfunctional special teams coach and horrible offensive linemen.

i would be ecstatic with a 11-5 season. even before the season started i said i would be very happy with 10 wins and a division title. considering injuries and the schedule im sure most would feel the same. haha i love the negative fans. they make me laugh, especially the tomlin haters.

Oviedo
10-07-2008, 11:05 AM

I will be bold and predict with the utmost confidence that you have the Steelers ending up with a worse record than me though
:stirpot :wink:

BigBen2112
10-07-2008, 11:07 AM

I will be bold and predict with the utmost confidence that you have the Steelers ending up with a worse record than me though
:stirpot :wink:

And you will be WRONG. FUWAHAHAHAHA

Oh and reply to my PM a$$wipe. :D

MeetJoeGreene
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I still don't know what our team is yet. That being said, I can now see 10-6.

BigBen2112
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM

I dont know what our team either, BUT...

I know that to go 10-6 now we only have to be 6-5 the rest of the way...and the way teams are currently playing I can see that easily.

Cincyx2
Cleveland
Baltimore

That's 4 of the 6 wins right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM

I know that to go 10-6 now we only have to be 6-5 the rest of the way...and the way teams are currently playing I can see that easily.

Cincyx2
Cleveland
Baltimore

We have learned in years past that no perceived win is a win, and no sure loss will end up being a loss. Hell, if we played this guessing game at the beginning of the season, just 5 games ago, our ised of what will happen would have been totally different.

Oviedo
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM

Cincyx2
Cleveland
Baltimore

You would hop so, but they play us tougher than anyone else they play. One of them may sneak a victory on us if we aren't careful. I think it will be a case of us beating ourselves not them doing anything.

I saw in the NFL stats that out of 32 rated QBs for passing rating:

#27. Carson Palmer 69.0 rating
#29. Joe Flacco 61.9 rating
#31. Derek Anderson 49.9 rating

How could anyone still believe the BS that Palmer is an elite QB and better than Big Ben? Anderson is a flash in the pan who just took the Browns for a lot of money in the off season.

Flasteel
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Losing three home games...no way. I'll go with AS and flip the 'Skins and Giants games around and the way San Diego is playing, there is no way I see them traveling across country and winning here either. Dallas...maybe, but it's a long way off so ask me the week of the game.

SteelStallion
10-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Predict? In the NFL? It's f-u-t-i-l-e.

But I think what they realy need to do is run the table on all division opponents, and that should be enough to win the division. If they do that, they can take some losses here and there to the nondivision so-called 'tough schedule' teams and still be okay.

Chadman
10-07-2008, 05:35 PM

Not to mention the hardest schedule in the history of the NFL...

pirogi pete
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals-Win. This will only be close because we don't typically play well coming out of a bye week and this will be the Bumgals equivalent of the Super Bowl WIN

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants-Loss. Tough pass rush will make it tough. Power running of Brandon Jacobs will be tough to stop. LOSS

Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins-Win. The defense will win this one. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. Not the Colts year. They are fraying on the edges. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Loss. Chargers are not as bad as they have been playing. WIN

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals-Win. No doubt. Bumgals playing for the #1 draft pick by this point. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots-Win. Payback game just like Jacksonville. WIN

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys-Loss. Down week after an emotional win over the Patriots. LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens-Win. Flacco totally unraveled by this point. Injuries hit their defense. We lock up the AFC North title in this game. LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans-Loss. We don't play well in Nashville. WIN

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns-Win. Meaningless game and Leftwich is the starter but we don't let them beat us at home. WIN

I think they have a shot at 12-4. Although, there might be an upset along the way......could be the Browns game because by then there won't be a starter anywhere near the field!

buckeyehoppy
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Losing three home games...no way. I'll go with AS and flip the 'Skins and Giants games around and the way San Diego is playing, there is no way I see them traveling across country and winning here either. Dallas...maybe, but it's a long way off so ask me the week of the game.

:Agree Flas. Here are my pix w/analysis:

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bungholes-Win. The Steelers own the Bungholes. They own them even more convincingly in front of their own fan.

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Gints-Win. This will especially hold true if the Gints come into Heinz unbeaten. Any team that gets taken to extra time against the Bungholes can't be all that.

Monday, Nov. 3 @ Deadskins-Loss. Even though the Steelers are tough as nails on Monday nights, this game may turn into a hangover for a team who'll be at 6-1 by this point.

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. Hangover cured with a little home cooking and a Colts team that looks more ragged than they have in a while.

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Win. The Norv Turner Flu has hit San Diego. The Steelers should have a field day at home against the LightningDolts.

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bungholes-Win. By this point, the Steelers may be facing a team with a different HC than the first time. The result won't be any different, but you can't fault the Bungholes for trying.

Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Pats*-Win. Another red letter game for the Steelers. Champions win games like this. They'll be 9-2 coming into this game and will need to send a message. The D will respond in kind.

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowqueens-Win. This could be a hangover game, but the Steelers won't be able to afford that this Sunday. They'll need another statement after a great win on the road and no better way to do that than with a possible SB opponent on the home pitch.

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ratfarts-Loss. The Steelers always have a problem in this game. The Ravens will be looking to get a pound of flesh. After five consecutive wins and a big game in Nashville the next week, look for a let down here.

Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans-Win. This game may well determine who gets home field on the AFC side of the playoff schedule. As I said with the Pats* game, champions win games like this. If everything has played to form by this point, this will make a final, convincing statement going into the playoffs.

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Clowns-Loss. I could see them running the table at home, but the Clowns game will be a throw away game and the Steelers, by this point, should have locked up home field and will be resting starters through much of the game. This last regular season game will be the closest thing the Clowns will ever have resembling a Super Bowl. Will hate to see the winning streak come to an end, but the Steelers' eyes will be on the (Lombardi) prize.

The end result: I have the Steelers @ 12-4, AFC North Champions and, possibly #1 seed.

That's where I see the season headed. Arguably, I'm seeing it with rose colored glasses. But I really don't see a dominant team in the AFC outside Tennessee and they will more than likely hit a wall at some point down the stretch.

The Steelers most important objective the rest of the season will be to hold serve at home. If they can do that, the Steelers will have a very real chance to chase the Lombardi Trophy this year because every team in the AFC is eminently beatable.

buckeyehoppy
10-07-2008, 09:50 PM

Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals-Win. This will only be close because we don't typically play well coming out of a bye week and this will be the Bumgals equivalent of the Super Bowl WIN

Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants-Loss. Tough pass rush will make it tough. Power running of Brandon Jacobs will be tough to stop. LOSS

Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins-Win. The defense will win this one. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts-Win. Not the Colts year. They are fraying on the edges. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers-Loss. Chargers are not as bad as they have been playing. WIN

Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals-Win. No doubt. Bumgals playing for the #1 draft pick by this point. WIN

Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots-Win. Payback game just like Jacksonville. WIN

Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys-Loss. Down week after an emotional win over the Patriots. LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens-Win. Flacco totally unraveled by this point. Injuries hit their defense. We lock up the AFC North title in this game. LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans-Loss. We don't play well in Nashville. WIN

Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns-Win. Meaningless game and Leftwich is the starter but we don't let them beat us at home. WIN

I think they have a shot at 12-4. Although, there might be an upset along the way......could be the Browns game because by then there won't be a starter anywhere near the field!

Welcome Pirogi Pete...good to have you here...don't be a stranger!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
At the beginning of the season, I thought we would win a division title with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Now, after a 4-1 start in spite of all the adversity we have faced, I'll up it to 11-5. We will march into Cincinnattica mercifully well-rested off the bye and spank them (we'll beat them even worse when they come to our house for a Thursday night primetime game later in the season). Other than those two games, I see us winning one and losing one in the back-to-back games against New York and Washington, winning one and losing one in the back-to-back games against Indianapolis and San Diego, winning one and losing one in the back-to-back games against New England and Dallas, and losing one of the final three games against Baltimore, Tennessee, and Cleveland.

stlrz d
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm not going to try and map out how we get there but I'm sticking with my 11-5 prediction posted before the season started.

Oviedo
10-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm not going to try and map out how we get there but I'm sticking with my 11-5 prediction posted before the season started.

I predicted 10-6 before the season, but the way it has fallen out in the AFC 11-5 is doable. With a little maybe even better. I love the way the defense is playing.

Only problem with the better recoeds is that means we are drafting at the bottom of the each round again and it will make getting the best DL or OL that much harder. I'll take that trade off in a nanosecond.