PDA

View Full Version : sorry if this has been covered already . . .

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
But did anyone notice on the broadcast that the broadcasting crew finally admitted that the Jags win in the postseason game, on the long third down run by Gerrard, was a blown holding call? :Cheers Bout friggen time! That play was lauded far too long without anyone pointing out the blatant holding call. It just made it a little bit better for me, thats all.

frankthetank1
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
i must of missed that. i remember them talking about it a little bit but i dont really recall what they said. it is about time, that was an awful no call. i actually saw an even more blatant hold that wasnt called on sunday. it was similar to colon's holding where he just tackled his man. woodley got tackled pretty much and he was definetly going to hit garrard if he wasnt.

AngryAsian
10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I notice that. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was at home with my face in a pillow screaming, "Holy crap, someone finally validated that crap call!) (The wife went to sleep in the spare bedroom, as she does when the Steeler plays night games). I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to stay up late and scream at the TV with her old man. :lol:

costanza2k1
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I heard that and my blood immediately started boiling again, but I'm so happy they mentioned it. That was our game to win and the refs gave it to them, almost like they tried to give them this past game. I know it's lame to blame the refs but when calls are obviously wrong it makes you wonder.

Iron Shiek
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I heard that and my blood immediately started boiling again, but I'm so happy they mentioned it. That was our game to win and the refs gave it to them, almost like they tried to give them this past game. I know it's lame to blame the refs but when calls are obviously wrong it makes you wonder.

I know what you mean. Like I heard the Ravens had some bad call that gave the Ravens the ball back with 65 yards to drive in a crucial point of the game. In this case the Ravens still had a chance to stop them so complaining about the refs really is not a winning argument.

Whereas in our case, that missed call gave them the game leading to an easy score...our D had no chance.

Ref = :loser

dcsteelerfan
10-07-2008, 04:40 PM
If the NFL was smart they never would never have brought up the issue in the first place - what good does an apology do to the Steelers after the fact? And IIRC, the pic in SI shows about 3 holds on that play. Now if they could factor in that holding penalty and play the remainder of the game on Madden '07 to determine the winner, I'd be OK with that.