PDA

View Full Version : Marty-Ariens cross-fertilization?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Can anyone come up with a reason why we went back to Ariens/Turtle/Martyball in the 3rd quarter?

It looked to me like he almost lost the game by going back to the 3-clouds-of-dust-up-the-gut-and-a-punt strategy. If we didn't have Ben and Hines on the last drive to make up for it, I think we WOULD have lost.

I know Marty Schottenheimer was Head Clown for a while. Do you think Ariens got fertilized with some of that DNA while he was there?

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Schottenheimer's last year in Cleveland was in 1988. Arians was still coaching the Temple Owls back then. Bruce didn't show up in Cleveland until 2001, when Marty was coaching in Washington.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Schottenheimer's last year in Cleveland was in 1988. Arians was still coaching the Temple Owls back then. Bruce didn't show up in Cleveland until 2001, when Marty was coaching in Washington.

Yeah, but they freeze bull sperm, for years, don't they? And really, Ariens' play calling is nothing BUT bull*, so I mean, stranger things have happened ...

But none stranger than the Offensive play calling in the third quarter last night :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 03:01 PM

Yeah, but they freeze bull sperm, for years, don't they? And really, Ariens' play calling is nothing BUT bull*, so I mean, stranger things have happened ...

But none stranger than the Offensive play calling in the third quarter last night :twisted:

If I ever see Marty Schottenheimer on the street, I will have to tell him that someone once compared his playcalling to a male bovine ejaculate popsicle. :lol:

phillyesq
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Wow, quite a winning tradition. The browns and temple. What a pedigree. :roll: