PDA

View Full Version : Most wins in 1st 60 games

Ghost
10-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I believe the win yesterday gave Ben 43 wins in his first 60 games for third place all time. Brady was 1. Does any one remeber who the others were on either side of him? I remember seeing he'd be ahead of Marino and some other big name.

Thanks.

Jigawatts
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Mark Rypien was one of them.

Mel Blount's G
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I believe he passed marino and manning who had 42. Not sure who all is in between ben and brady. Jim McMahon is still ahead of him as is an older generation guy maybe? Can't remember who else

Ghost
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks.

I thought it Was Brady(46), ??? and then Ben was third. Maybe it was McMahon that was 2nd.

papillon
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm almost certian it was McMahon, because, when I saw the stat I gave it one of these :wft and was hoping that Ben still ahd a few games to go to get to 60, so that, he could pass him on the list.

That shows you d@mn good that Bears defense was. McMahon was an average quarterback on hos best days.

Pappy

rpmpit
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Brady shouldn't even be mentioned anymore when records are discussed.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM

:Agree , thank you very much.

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
IIRC, Brady and McMahon were tied with 46 wins in their first 60 games, and Peyton and Rypien were tied with 42 wins in their first 60 games. Ben now has 43 wins in his first 60 games.

MeetJoeGreene
10-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Brady 46*
McMahon 46
Big Ben 43

papillon
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM

Brady 46*
McMahon 46
Big Ben 43

Jim F*ing McMahon is going to be ahead of Ben in the record books and there's nothing that Ben can do about it, that sucks. He was horrible and had a great team around him.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2008, 01:47 AM

Brady 46*
McMahon 46
Big Ben 43

Jim F*ing McMahon is going to be ahead of Ben in the record books and there's nothing that Ben can do about it, that sucks. He was horrible and had a great team around him.

Pappy

How dare you diss the punky QB like that? :lol:

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/resizeImage/htdocs/export_images/158/158.x600.feat.essentials.McMahon.jpg :moon

Seriously, though, I don't think the "most wins by a QB in his first 60 starts" is a record worth thinking about for more than 14 seconds.

frankthetank1
10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
its pretty much a meaningless stat. btw i use to hate how jim mcmahon would wear a wrist band around his neck and wear sunglasses ALL the time even at night. what a freak

Ozey74
10-07-2008, 08:34 AM
its pretty much a meaningless stat. btw i use to hate how jim mcmahon would wear a wrist band around his neck and wear sunglasses ALL the time even at night. what a freak

Must be an 80's thing. He was a goof ball. Does anyone recall the time when a member of the Packers gave him a bearhug from behind and slammed in to the turf after the whistle blew? I think is was around 87'?

RuthlessBurgher
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM

From Wikipedia:

He is also known for his trademark sunglasses, which he wears for medical reasons. At the age of six, while trying to untie a knot in a toy gun holster with a fork, he accidentally severed the retina in his right eye when the fork slipped. While his vision was saved, the accident left that eye extremely sensitive to light. On the field, he was among the first to wear a helmet fitted with a tinted plastic visor covering the eyes, leading to nicknames like "Darth Vader" and "Black Sunshine."

As for the sayings he would write on those headbands, he was just being an attention-whore.

stlrz d
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM

Must be an 80's thing. He was a goof ball. Does anyone recall the time when a member of the Packers gave him a bearhug from behind and slammed in to the turf after the whistle blew? I think is was around 87'?

That was Charles Martin (RIP) and to this day I still say it was the dirtiest play I've ever witnessed in NFL football. McMahon threw a pick and Martin grabbed him from behind and slammed him shoulder first into the artificial turf.

That play essentially ended McMahon's career...he just couldn't throw the same after that.

My Packers fans friends disagree with me and insist the dirtiest play was Jim Marshall clothes lining Louis Lipps. Dirty play, but not nearly as bad as what Martin did to McMahon.

I didn't see the Turkey Jones/Bradshaw play live, so I can say it was a dirty play but not the dirtiest I've ever witnessed as it took place. I SAW the Martin play as it happened.