PDA

View Full Version : If it ended today...

BigBen2112
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
The playoff picture would be (this is just funny to me):

AFC:
Division Winners= Steelers, Titans, Buffalo, and Denver
Wild Cards= New England and Miami
BYES= Titans (5-0, 2-0 Div, 4-0 Conf)
Steelers (4-1, 2-0 Div, 4-0 Conf)
Games= Buffalo vs. Miami
Denver vs. New England

NFC:
Division Winners= Giants, Chicago, Carolina, and Arizona
Wild Cards= Washington and Dallas
BYES= Giants and Carolina
Games= Chicago vs. Dallas
Arizona vs. Washington

The above just makes me laugh because MIAMI?! BUFFALO? NEW ENGLAD AS WILD CARD? Washington? CAROLINA? ARIZONA?! Dallas as WILD CARD?

Funny sh*t.

frankthetank1
10-06-2008, 10:02 AM
i was thinking the same thing yesterday. what a crazy season it has been. this is what makes the nfl the best league. anything can happen. im very suprised that from top to bottom the afc east is one of the better division's and the afc north stinks. that happened very quickly, and thank god it did. its about time the steelers benefit from a weak division. we deserve it for having the hardest schedule that any team has had since 1976

Oviedo
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM

AFC:
Games= Buffalo vs. Miami
Denver vs. New England

NFC:
Arizona vs. Washington

The above just makes me laugh because MIAMI?! BUFFALO? NEW ENGLAD AS WILD CARD? Washington? CAROLINA? ARIZONA?! Dallas as WILD CARD?

Funny sh*t.

The Steelers vs Titans game could have big homefield implications for the play offs. I wish that game was in the Burgh versus Nashville.

steelblood
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Carolina is good. Miami and Arizona? I'm not convinced yet.

You a right. This has been a crazy start to the season.

BigBen2112
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

AFC:
Games= Buffalo vs. Miami
Denver vs. New England

NFC:
Arizona vs. Washington

Funny sh*t.

The Steelers vs Titans game could have big homefield implications for the play offs. I wish that game was in the Burgh versus Nashville.

I dont. Now I get to see it.

Iron Shiek
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM

Obviously nobody saw it coming...but Miami is playing some sound football. Those weren't "fluke" wins. They manhandled both AFC Championship (Brady or not) teams from last year and you aren't sold? I'm not saying they will be 11-5 or anything...but 8-8 isn't out of the question for them...

AngryAsian
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM

Obviously nobody saw it coming...but Miami is playing some sound football. Those weren't "fluke" wins. They manhandled both AFC Championship (Brady or not) teams from last year and you aren't sold? I'm not saying they will be 11-5 or anything...but 8-8 isn't out of the question for them...

Shiek, next time you have a chance (depending on national coverage) watch the Dolphins play. That Wildcat formation is sick, you really don't know who is getting the ball. The playcalling is genius. Once set is the Wildcat and the next play they go no huddle. In two games against the New England and San Diego back to back they've amassed:

473 passing yards with 2 TDs
377 rushing yards with 5 TDs

all from two schemes (Wildcat and No Huddle)! Its sick to watch the opposing D's try and contend with it. Especially the passing plays. SD has probably the best secondary with Jammer, Cason and co... but they looked silly trying to defend yesterday.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
The one thing I feel somewhat confident about that will change from your predictions BigBen2112 is the *s ... I don't think they are going to even get the wild card!

Thank goodness the rest of the AFC North is garbage this year, as someone above said. The worst thing that can happen to us with the "toughest schedule since the 1972 *s" ,or whatever cr*p they said last night, is that the bye week and homefield are in play.

Now those are serious things, but it's nice to know that we have an EXTREMELY good chance of making the playoffs despite that schedule.

And, to tempt the fates a bit ... the way the season is panning out across the NFL, I think we can EXCEL in the remaining games! Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, (?) Titans are the only games where we could be big underdogs. Assuming (just for the sake of discussion) we lose those 4, our record would be ...

... 11-5 (check my math?). That should be good enough for homefield advantage, if not a bye.

OMG, it could happen this year!!!!

(Though I would hate to meet the Giants in the SB ...).

BigBen2112
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
San Antonio Dude...I wasn't predicting the Pats* making it...I was saying if the season ended right now they WOULD make it.

You will see by my nostradamus thread later that I dont think the Pats will make it!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
San Antonio Dude...I wasn't predicting the Pats* making it...I was saying if the season ended right now they WOULD make it.

You will see by my nostradamus thread later that I dont think the Pats will make it!

Gotcha, thanks BB2112! There's nothing about the *s that doesn't piss me off. And I read somewhere that they have one of the easiest schedules in the league this year ... go figure!

BigBen2112
10-06-2008, 02:33 PM

Gotcha, thanks BB2112! There's nothing about the *s that doesn't piss me off. And I read somewhere that they have one of the easiest schedules in the league this year ... go figure!

No problemo dudo.

AngryAsian
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM

NOT "one of the easiest".... but THE EASIEST.... how does that happen?

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
The one thing I feel somewhat confident about that will change from your predictions BigBen2112 is the *s ... I don't think they are going to even get the wild card!

Thank goodness the rest of the AFC North is garbage this year, as someone above said. The worst thing that can happen to us with the "toughest schedule since the 1972 *s" ,or whatever cr*p they said last night, is that the bye week and homefield are in play.

Now those are serious things, but it's nice to know that we have an EXTREMELY good chance of making the playoffs despite that schedule.

And, to tempt the fates a bit ... the way the season is panning out across the NFL, I think we can EXCEL in the remaining games! Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, (?) Titans are the only games where we could be big underdogs. Assuming (just for the sake of discussion) we lose those 4, our record would be ...

... 12-5 (check my math?). That should be good enough for homefield advantage, if not a bye.

I checked your math. 12 wins + 5 losses = 17 games. Unless we really open up a huge can of whoop@$$ on "bye" this week, I think your math should bring us to an 11-5 record instead.

Oviedo
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM

... 12-5 (check my math?). That should be good enough for homefield advantage, if not a bye.

I checked your math. 12 wins + 5 losses = 17 games. Unless we really open up a huge can of whoop@$$ on "bye" this week, I think your math should bring us to an 11-5 record instead.

The 12th win is the first win in the play offs :Clap 11-5 Regular season and another AFC North championship

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
OK, Ruthless, you win the higher learning award of the week! You're not one of those elitists now are you? :wink: Besides, I think Oviedo is onto something there ...

Although, it is really much more fun living in fantasy land! (Don't we get a "bonus win" if we sweep our division)? :wink:

BigBen2112
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM

Health-wise I dont think this team could afford to attempt to open up a can of whoopa$$ on the bye week! :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Shiek, next time you have a chance (depending on national coverage) watch the Dolphins play. That Wildcat formation is sick, you really don't know who is getting the ball. The playcalling is genius. Once set is the Wildcat and the next play they go no huddle. In two games against the New England and San Diego back to back they've amassed:

473 passing yards with 2 TDs
377 rushing yards with 5 TDs

all from two schemes (Wildcat and No Huddle)! Its sick to watch the opposing D's try and contend with it. Especially the passing plays. SD has probably the best secondary with Jammer, Cason and co... but they looked silly trying to defend yesterday.

I did watch and I whole-heartedly agree with you AS!! I have the Sunday Ticket and usually pick 2 or 3 games to focus on watching on my tv, then just have the Red Zone channel running on my laptop for all the scoring plays. The Charger Miami game was one of my focus games, and all I could think was "Wow". We need to do more of that (not necessarily the Wildcat formation, but more of the mix up and no huddle thing. And lo and behold...We DID! No huddle and empty set was effing the Jags up royally. The other article someone posted about the Ben running on Empty had some great stats that came from running that formation along with no huddle. It was mind blowing.

Anyway, all I can say is keep an eye on Miami, they are interesting to watch and won't go 1-15 like some "experts" thought.

Djfan
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
The stains and bungles are looking for a way to win in the bye week. Maybe we could just watch them!

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 03:02 PM
The stains and bungles are looking for a way to win in the bye week. Maybe we could just watch them!

Cleveland just had their bye week. They lost again. :lol: :brownssuck

Iron Shiek
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Cleveland just had their bye week. They lost again. :lol: :brownssuck

Bye just seems to have their number. They can't shake em.