PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else?

papillon
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
After a Steeler game that starts late (8:00PM or later) if you stay up and watch the whole game: Can you immediately turn the TV off and go to bed?

I can't, I was up until about 1:15 - 1:30 last night and close to 2:00AM for the Monday night game, becuase, the adrenaline is still going after a hard fought win in a close game.

People were diving off the message boards and there was no one to talk to. :moon :tt2

Pappy

frankthetank1
10-06-2008, 09:12 AM
i cant because i go to work so early, but if i didnt have to work then yes i would not be able to sleep

Oviedo
It was after 1:00am before I could fall asleep. It will be a long Monday.

AkronSteel
Happens to me all the time too, Pappy! I can never go straight to bed after a big game, especially like last night!!! I didn't get there till almost bar hour.

phillyesq
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Happens to me quite a bit. Last night, I fell asleep almost immediately after the game, in large part because I was exhausted before hand, and in large part because I tried to eat myself into a coma.

papillon
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I know the west coast guys will be on here going, big deal, the game ended at 9:30 and I was in bed by 11:00. :moon

Pappy

ANPSTEEL
10-06-2008, 09:18 AM
it takes me forever to fall asleep after a game.... particularly if it goes down to the wire.

i was all geeked up during the 4th quarter last night-

it ended up taking me over an hour to unwind - then i had to be up early- and i have a couple client meetings today....

urrrgggggghhhhhhh

AkronSteel
10-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Happens to me quite a bit. Last night, I fell asleep almost immediately after the game, in large part because I was exhausted before hand, and in large part because I tried to eat myself into a coma.

I don't know why but this post made me think of Pizza the Hut from Space Balls!!! :lol:

I could just be sleep deprived but it struck me funny!!!

frankthetank1
10-06-2008, 09:26 AM

I don't know why but this post made me think of Pizza the Hut from Space Balls!!! :lol:

I could just be sleep deprived but it struck me funny!!!

i thought of the same thing!! that movie is classic. "you better pay up or else pizza is gonna send out for you"
:lol:

rpmpit
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Yeah, same problem. And like some of you have said, it makes Monday mornings tough since I have to be up at 4:00 am :(

takagi
10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
No, cause I don't go to sleep, I'm goin' straight to work :D
The time differential here is 7 hours, so the prime time games will start after 03:00 AM.
But I never miss a game :wink:

Iron Shiek
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
No, cause I don't go to sleep, I'm goin' straight to work :D
The time differential here is 7 hours, so the prime time games will start after 03:00 AM.
But I never miss a game :wink:
:tt2 :Clap

Jigawatts
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, same problem. And like some of you have said, it makes Monday mornings tough since I have to be up at 4:00 am :(

I've got ya beat by a half-hour armpit. Those prime time games are a killer when I have
to get up at 3:30. Even earlier closer to the Christmas season.

I did much better last night though. Probably fell asleep around 12:00 A.M.

But last weeks Ravens game I was so pumped up after the game I couldn't fall asleep
until after 1:00 A.M. :( I had to drive 10 minutes out of my way for some Dunkin Donuts
coffee because that's the only stuff that will wake me up.

I kind of look like this: :shock:

ramblinjim
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
It takes me forever to get to sleep after games. I get too into them, throwing stuff at the TV and all. This game was no different because I was concerned about this one especially.

Ghost
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
My wife loves the late games - that way when I come up to bed all amped up and tossing and turning in bed she gets to stay awake too!!

stlrz d
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't sleep worth sheeit!

It's worse for a late night loss. :(

rpmpit
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM

I've got ya beat by a half-hour armpit. Those prime time games are a killer when I have
to get up at 3:30. Even earlier closer to the Christmas season.

I did much better last night though. Probably fell asleep around 12:00 A.M.

But last weeks Ravens game I was so pumped up after the game I couldn't fall asleep
until after 1:00 A.M. :( I had to drive 10 minutes out of my way for some Dunkin Donuts
coffee because that's the only stuff that will wake me up.

I kind of look like this: :shock:

Ok, well I got YOU beat last Monday night. We got back to the hotel after the Monday night game around 1:30 am after finding AS some food at a local gas station convenience store - nachos!!! :lol:

Following SMG's lead, I decided to hit the road back to Jersey around 2 am instead of getting some sleep and heading out Tuesday morning. So I get home around 7:00 am and see Mrs. Armpit off to work. I was hoping Armpit Jr. would sleep a few hours longer so I could get a little rest. But as soon as my wife left he was up. So I didn't really get to sleep until Tuesday night. I was a mess on Wednesday but it was cool. I don't often get the chance to spend a weekday like that with my son so it was well worth it.