PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio Presser

Flasteel
10-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Fell all over himself finding superlitives for Ben's plays to Ward on the game winning drive. He seems to be blown away by Roethlisbergers effort...very classy in defeat.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Fell all over himself finding superlitives for Ben's plays to Ward on the game winning drive. He seems to be blown away by Roethlisbergers effort...very classy in defeat.

That's because he's the coach of the "Steelers South", and the Steelers are classy!

BTW, where are you hearing/listening to that?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree about Del Rio. For all of the opponents we have who are easy to hate, this team is not one of them. For one thing, they openly admit that the Steelers are the organization that they try to emulate. For another, they really don't have those hatable players like Ray Ray, Ocho, Moss etc. who just make you hate a team even more.

AngryAsian
10-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Del Rio is cut from the same mold as Parcells, Ditka, Cowher. He's a class act.

SteelTorch
10-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree about Del Rio. For all of the opponents we have who are easy to hate, this team is not one of them. For one thing, they openly admit that the Steelers are the organization that they try to emulate. For another, they really don't have those hatable players like Ray Ray, Ocho, Moss etc. who just make you hate a team even more.
You my friend are a better person than I am, because any team that's beaten us narrowly as many times as them earns my scorn automatically. :twisted:

But even I must admit if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have any reason to hate them. So my malice is strictly team-wise, not personal. :D

LasVegasGuy
10-06-2008, 12:13 AM

I can't stand Matt Jones that guy just freakin' iratates me sort of like Wes Welker.

frankthetank1
10-06-2008, 08:33 AM
ive always liked del rio a lot. he is a great coach and a class act no doubt

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2008, 10:10 AM
You my friend are a better person than I am, because any team that's beaten us narrowly as many times as them earns my scorn automatically. :twisted:

But even I must admit if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have any reason to hate them. So my malice is strictly team-wise, not personal. :D

Of course we hate the fact that they beat us, but come on.........

Brady, Moss, Harrison, Mr. Hoodie

Ocho, Housh, anyone else who has been in jail

Ray Ray, Scott

Winslow, Jamaal, the dude who paints a cock on his face.....

So much to hate about so many of our other opponents. I guess the only thing to like about teams like Cincy and Cleveland is that they always lose. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I have a great deal of respect for Del Rio and Jax.

I don't despise them like other organizations (Pats*, Browns, etc).

He did have an interesting quote to the effect that the Steelers/Jax games are always hardfought and entertaining. This one was the same, except he doesn't get to smile afterwards.

rpmpit
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM

MJD is borderline hateable with his midget (excuse me dwarf) dances after scoring, but even him I can tolerate. Much respect for Del Rio, Garrard, Taylor, etc.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I have a great deal of respect for Del Rio and Jax.

I don't despise them like other organizations (Pats*, Browns, etc).

He did have an interesting quote to the effect that the Steelers/Jax games are always hardfought and entertaining. This one was the same, except he doesn't get to smile afterwards.

Also, earlier in the week Leftwich was saying that playing the Steelers is always a huge deal to the Jags. Its nice to receive that much respect from an opponent.

Ozey74
10-07-2008, 09:04 AM
The Steelers/Jags is a rivalry is similiar to the Colts/Pats. Both are in the same conference, but not the same division, & seem to play each other every year. The make up of the teams are similiar & the games are always highly anticipated.

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I agree with everything said, they are a class organizaion, but while we are praising JDR . . . Scobe gives his team the win last week over Indy with a 50+ yard field goal, the Jags are down six and he faces fourth and long, and an opportunity for a 52 yard field goal, and how do you reward the kicker who just bailed your team out last week??? You go for it with a chance to be down a field goal. :wft