PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial game balls: Week 5

SteelTorch
10-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Pardon my French, but HOLY SHI.T!!!! What a game. What a performance.

OFFENSE:

BIG BEN! He almost single-handedly carried this offense. Escaping sacks, making big plays, a 4th quarter comeback, it's a no-brainer.

Runners up:

This is hard. I think I have to give this one to the entire Steelers offense, because everyone had clutch moments. Hell, even the O-line didn't stink up the joint completely.

DEFENSE:

WOODLEY!!! Leading the team in sacks and tackles and some crucial stops. Holy crap, did you see that one-handed trip he made??? He's now officially my second-favorite defensive Steeler.

Runners up:

Aaron Smith, James Harrison, and Polamalu who all had huge plays!!! The rest of the defense was solid as well. The secondary had a few iffy moments, but I'd say everyone performed solidly.

Special teams once again looked solid, and Skippy was $$$.

Congratulations, Steelers! Despite all the best efforts of the refs and Arians and some crucial mistakes, we won. And it's about fuggin time too! I for one was sick of losing close games to the Faguars. Let them lose to us in a heartbreaker for once! This was a team effort, and I'd call it a team victory. Way to go, guys! And **** YOU, JACKSONVILLE!

:tt2 :Beer :tt1 :Cheers :Steel

RussBII
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Mewelde Moore did fantastic in his backup to a backup role. He had a few nice runs and a few nice catches. Props to him.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM

OFFENSE:

BIG BEN! He almost single-handedly carried this offense. Escaping sacks, making big plays, a 4th quarter comeback, it's a no-brainer.

Runners up:

This is hard. I think I have to give this one to the entire Steelers offense, because everyone had clutch moments. Hell, even the O-line didn't stink up the joint completely.

DEFENSE:

WOODLEY!!! Leading the team in sacks and tackles and some crucial stops. Holy crap, did you see that one-handed trip he made??? He's now officially my second-favorite defensive Steeler.

Runners up:

Aaron Smith, James Harrison, and Polamalu who all had huge plays!!! The rest of the defense was solid as well. The secondary had a few iffy moments, but I'd say everyone performed solidly.

Congratulations, Steelers! Despite all the best efforts of the refs and Arians and some crucial mistakes, we won. And it's about fuggin time too! I for one was sick of losing close games to the Faguars. Let them lose to us in a heartbreaker for once! This was a team effort, and I'd call it a team victory. Way to go, guys! And **** YOU, JACKSONVILLE!

Yeah, I agree!

SteelTorch
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes, extra props to the running backs, especially Moore. 8)

meninblack
10-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I agree, suck it Jacksonville, payback is a bitch. Underestimate us at your peril.

Flasteel
10-05-2008, 11:41 PM

OFFENSE:

Runners up:

DEFENSE:

Runners up:

Good analysis as usual Torch, but I would give Moore the runner-up nod over Washington on offense. Props to stapleton and even Essix for filling in admirably.

Chris Hoke deserves mention on defense as well. The guy was camped out in the backfield all night making plays and was unbelievably stout at the point of attack.

papillon
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Offense

I can't give Ben the game ball, because, the offense gave them 7 (wasn't his fault, I know) and they disappeared in the third quarter and start of the fourth.

My offensive game ball goes to Nate Washington and Mewelde Moore. The Steelers asked guys to make plays that they hadn't asked to all year and they accepted the challenge and made the plays.

Defense

This one is easy Lamarr Woodley was everywhere tonight. As usual, the unsung heroes are the defensive linemen and Silverback was awesome again. The defense didn't giveup many third and longs and had a stretch from the second quarter into the tird quarter where they were 3 and out 4 times and then a 6 and out. Outstanding game by the defense

No games balls, but, props to the cover teams again this week. The punt returns are still shaky, but, Santonio didn't make any gaffs.

Pappy

SteelTorch
10-05-2008, 11:46 PM

OFFENSE:

Runners up:

DEFENSE:

Runners up:

Good analysis as usual Torch, but I would give Moore the runner-up nod over Washington on offense. Props to stapleton and even Essix for filling in admirably.

Chris Hoke deserves mention on defense as well. The guy was camped out in the backfield all night making plays and was unbelievably stout at the point of attack.
You're right, especially considering he was our 3rd stringer. Oh well, even I'm not right all the time. :wink:

buckeyehoppy
10-06-2008, 12:03 AM
A closer game than it should have been...but still a win!!! Let's Go...

OFFENSE

There's no hard and fast rule saying only one will go out...so, f--- it, I'm giving out three:

1) Heath Miller- he once was lost...and in the endzone he was found! Seems like he had more than 5 catches, but it was good to have him back. If that @$$wipe Arians would just throw the switch on the no-huddle more often, Miller would be an All-Pro!

2) Nate- on a night when Hines and Holmes weren't quite on, Nate stepped up. That was a great TD catch that was well-earned off a great fake. He had five other catches, too, and almost copped 100 yards. Way to show up, #85!

3) Darnell- I don't know what it is with this kid. But from the moment he came in in relief of KSimm last week, the line has somehow looked better. Aside from the one FS call, Darnell looked good when the ball was headed off his key. Welcome to the NFL, Darnell...more importantly, WELCOME TO THE STEELERS!

DEFENSE

I'm not so sure anyone really stood out on D tonight. But we'll give the game ball for the D to (Lay The) Woodley. Two sacks and led the team in tackles. That's good enough for me. But Lay The Woodley is here every week and doesn't get all the fanfare he deserves. He gets it here. Awesome night, LTW.

SPECIAL TEAMS

No game ball for ST this week, but the final score was 26-21 and Jeff Reed provided a two-for-two on FGs. Nothing in the clutch, so the game ball wasn't warranted for this one. But his points were the difference in the game (if you want to look at it that way), so Skippy at least gets a honorable mention. Keep up the good work, Skip!

ghettoscott
10-06-2008, 09:31 AM
...not sure about giving him a game ball but i thought B-Mac did a good job on D and Hines Weezy on O.

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
DEFENSE

I'm not so sure anyone really stood out on D tonight. But we'll give the game ball for the D to (Lay The) Woodley. Two sacks and led the team in tackles. That's good enough for me. But Lay The Woodley is here every week and doesn't get all the fanfare he deserves. He gets it here. Awesome night, LTW.

Hearing you refer to LaMarr as "Lay The Woodley," I could almost picture him walking into a crowded bar of coeds and asking who wants to "Lay The Woodley" (It's not quite on the same level as the classic line "Who wants to sex Mutombo?" but it will do). :lol: