PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else feeling "uncharitable" towards Casey Hampton?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Out for how many weeks with a groin injury?

You betcha, doggone it, I'm feeling a bit p.o'd at the ol' Big Snack. He shows up so out of shape that he can't jog 8 football fields (jog!). But he says "Oh, staying in shape during the off season doesn't count, it's football shape that matters.

Then he pulls a groin in the 1st or 2nd game, and now is out for ... how long?

Maybe they're unrelated, but I know when I'm out of shape it's too easy to pull a muscle.

He should have to give some salary back or something. We need everybody on the field that we can get. I'm just waiting for him to say "football shape doesn't matter in the beginning of the season, it's what you do in the last quarter of the season that matters".

:twisted:

anger 82&95
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I figured his being grossly out of shape was a portent of things to come. But his ludicrous attempt to justify his lack of fitness was what really irritated me.

Ozey74
10-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I figured his being grossly out of shape was a portent of things to come. But his ludicrous attempt to justify his lack of fitness was what really irritated me.

Very irritating indeed!! They make boatload's of cash for their services & they should do what is expected of them year round (not when they show up in Latrobe).

BigBen2112
10-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Very irritating indeed!! They make boatload's of cash for their services & they should do what is expected of them year round (not when they show up in Latrobe).

He doesn't give a damn. I dont know why we should.

SteelTorch
10-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Me too! It wasn't just the fact that he was out of shape, but he just didn't seem to care. That's what got on my nerves the most. And now look. He'd better hope the two aren't related.

anger 82&95
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought Tomlinson handled the situation correctly; you diet in the off season like a Rancor beast and I discipline your dumb a$$.

costanza2k1
10-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I honestly didn't know this man had a groin or hamstring...he looks like all upper body and feet.

steelernation77
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I honestly didn't know this man had a groin or hamstring...he looks like all upper body and feet.

You haven't seen him in person then. He's got a huge butt.

NKySteeler
10-05-2008, 12:30 PM
"cankles".... :lol:

...Yea, it aggravates me to no end...

Shawn
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't know how much longer Hampton has on his current contract but I can't imagine he will get another big payday from the Steelers. His best years and it seems his motivation have passed him.

buckeyehoppy
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Hampton is a great player...when he cares.

He is the reason why the Steelers will need to draft a DT high in the next draft. I've been chanting the Fili Moala mantra for the last week, but I wouldn't expect the Steelers to get a shot at him even if they fell through the floor.

The Steelers need dependable guys on their DL. The DL is yet another of the patented areas where Colbert's neglect is biting the Steelers in the @$$. The starters are all at least serviceable, but I don't want to think about any more injuries in that unit. It also wouldn't hurt the DL to get younger.

pittpete
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM
8/22/2005: Signed a five-year, $22.75 million contract. The deal included a $6.975 million signing bonus. 2008: $3.8 million, 2009: $3.075 million, 2010: Free Agent. Cap charges: $5,543,750 (2008), $4,818,750 (2009).

papillon
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I'll be the contrarian and be charitable to Casey; he's still a premier NT in this league and our defense is very good with him in the game. Running the football is futile with him in the game. We'll need him down the stretch and he'll answer the bell.

Trust Pappy on this one. :mrgreen:

Pappy

pittpete
10-05-2008, 11:32 PM
We looked pretty dam good tonight w/o the fat bastard.
Restructure him or cut him after the year

meninblack
10-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Hoke was great, but we need fat Casey to anchor the defense.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
The DL is yet another of the patented areas where Colbert's neglect is biting the Steelers in the @$$.

I couldn't disagree more. I think that it is time for many here to acknowledge that the DL is both an area of strength and depth.

We all cried about lack of depth last year when Smith went out and the entire D went in the tank. After what we have seen this year, we must realize that the problem wasn't the lack of depth, rather it was the superior abilities of Smith. This line has held up strong while missing two of three starters!! Again.....two starters have gone down and the D line is playing solid ball. Is that not what depth is??

We obviously need some youth to help provide for the future but right now nobody can argue that the D line is a neglected unit in the 2008 season.