PDA

View Full Version : Steelers going no-huddle tomorrow? Willie P. says yes!!

Ozey74
10-04-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 635&spln=1 (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1181&line=125635&spln=1)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I think this is great news, hopefully it will also help keep Ben's jersey a little cleaner.

Here's the article from the link:

Steelers to employ no-huddle vs. Jags?
Ben Roethlisberger - QB - PIT - Oct. 4 - 12:06 pm et
Steelers injured RB Willie Parker told television station KCKA in Pittsburgh that the team's game plan is to give the Jags a heavy dose of the no-huddle offense.
The Steelers used a no-huddle look effectively against the Ravens last Monday night, and, if Parker is to believed, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is sticking with it. Coupled with the Jags secondary injuries, this is shaping up to be more of a passing friendly contest than your usual Steelers/Jags matchup. Oct. 4 - 12:06 pm et

BTW, is that a typo, do they mean "station KDKA" (not KCKA)?

Ozey74
10-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree. I think this is great news!! It worked for us in the 2nd half last week and the results can be any worse than what they have been since week #2.

Flasteel
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I agree. I think this is great news!! It worked for us in the 2nd half last week and the results can be any worse than what they have been since week #2.

It's common sense.

Not only did it work for us last week, but it also worked against the Jags last year. We can't rely solely on it and need to also mix in some of the other tools which allow us to cover up our garbage protection. I'm curious to see just how much and how well we employ it tomorrow.

AkronSteel
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
This is great news! I would expect to see alot of it early on to put the Jags on their heels. With the DB problems the Jags have they can definately be exploited.

Rickt011
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes this is good news, however it also means the Jags have practiced for it a week now, so lets hope they have many versions of plays we know the Jags can't handle.

RuthlessBurgher
10-05-2008, 01:47 AM
I think there may be more than one typo here.

Instead of:

Steelers injured RB Willie Parker told television station KCKA in Pittsburgh that the team's game plan is to give the Jags a heavy dose of the no-huddle offense.

It should read something like:

Steelers injured RB Willie Parker told television station KDKA in Pittsburgh that the team's game plan is to call all 7 step drop passes or runs up the middle. :lol:

Ozey74
10-05-2008, 09:25 AM

It's common sense.

Not only did it work for us last week, but it also worked against the Jags last year. We can't rely solely on it and need to also mix in some of the other tools which allow us to cover up our garbage protection. I'm curious to see just how much and how well we employ it tomorrow.

Yes, it is common sense. I'm just not sure Bruce Arians has any!!

AngryAsian
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM

It's common sense.

Yes, it is common sense. I'm just not sure Bruce Arians has any!!

Well said, OZ. I hope the no huddle doesn't yield more fruitless runs between the tackles or seven step drops. :lol:

BigBen2112
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM

It's common sense.

It was common sense during the Browns and Eagles games too.