PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben now questionable

SteelerNation1
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
According to kdka he was limited in practice and is questionable. This might not be good.

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Agreed, brother. Scary... and if Lefty is inserted, I don't think he'll perform well under the scrutiny of his former fans. Or he might just be a guy out to prove something and have a stellar payback game.

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
if ben doesnt play then they will lose. he is way too important. this is awful news now my day is ruined.

papillon
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
3-2 going into the bye week and the NFL regular season is a marathon. Maybe, they let him sit to get the extra week to heal. Parker will probably be back after the bye as well, along with Casey and Kiesel.

Go and give it their best shot with healthy bodies and let the horses mend for the rest of the season.

I'm sure if Ben can go though, he'll play, but, sitting him might not be a bad idea or give him a couple series and see how the line is holding up.

Pappy

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 03:33 PM
the worst thing that could happen is he plays and hurts his shoulder even more. then he will be missing more than one game

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
the worst thing that could happen is he plays and hurts his shoulder even more. then he will be missing more than one game

good point-

on top of that, byron the statue would love to have a chance to beat his old team... and his knowledge of their scheme and calls may actually give him an advantage.

rpmpit
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Agreed, brother. Scary... and if Lefty is inserted, I don't think he'll perform well under the scrutiny of his former fans. Or he might just be a guy out to prove something and have a stellar payback game.

Exactly!!! I was thinking this earlier in the week when Ben wasn't practicing but didn't want to say anything.

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 03:44 PM

good point-

on top of that, byron the statue would love to have a chance to beat his old team... and his knowledge of their scheme and calls may actually give him an advantage.

oh god that right there is why its so scary not having ben play. leftwich i like for a back up but he cant get out of the pocket and he is so slow. with the o-line problems you need a qb that can get away from sacks

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM

good point-

oh god that right there is why its so scary not having ben play. leftwich i like for a back up but he cant get out of the pocket and he is so slow. with the o-line problems you need a qb that can get away from sacks

yeah, i know- it does pose the potential for an absolute nightmare...

but- look at it this way... aside from playing cincinnati, what other game would you rather have to start leftwhich in???

see, grasshopper... glass, it can be half full! :lol: :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
We better suit up Dixon, even if Ben starts, because Lefty will go down hard if the Jags blitz.

(Caution, heretical thought to follow):

Maybe even have Dixon be our #2?

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM

good point-

yeah, i know- it does pose the potential for an absolute nightmare...

but- look at it this way... aside from playing cincinnati, what other game would you rather have to start leftwhich in???

see, grasshopper... glass, it can be half full! :lol: :lol:

:lol: that is an excellent point. i never thought of it that way. i wish ben could just play on sunday and take a long break until the giants game

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
We better suit up Dixon, even if Ben starts, because Lefty will go down hard if the Jags blitz.

Talk about innovation... why couldn't we use Dixon in a "slash" type role? Surely a defense would get itchy seeing a reverse go to gazelle with a cannon arm. I should be OC. :lol: :lol:

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM

i'd love to see dixon get into the game for "situational ball", as coach cliche puts it.

obviously, the team has some injuries... which will make this impossible... this season..

but if healthy....

could you imagine the steelers running some sort of red-zone package...

maybe the 'hog' with

dixon
parker
mendenhall

in the backfield???

anyway- he's certainly the fastest- and most athletic qb on the roster... so that would be helpful for all the times colon is busy chasing the DT that just blew bye him.

Jigawatts
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Talk about innovation... why couldn't we use Dixon in a "slash" type role? Surely a defense would get itchy seeing a reverse go to gazelle with a cannon arm. I should be OC. :lol: :lol:

Don't they have some kind of Rooney rule that requires NFL teams to interview an
Asian person for coaching jobs? Or is that the Norm Chow rule? :lol:

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't they have some kind of Rooney rule that requires NFL teams to interview an
Asian person for coaching jobs? Or is that the Norm Chow rule? :lol:

Nice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
10-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Per ESPN he had a light practice today and is expected to play.

Ozey74
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the update. It may be a bit selfish, but I would hate to see him get hurt on Sunday night. I'm going to the game in Cincy on 10/19 & I want Big Ben to play. If our star QB is out and Leftwich plays I will be bummed. It would be like having tickets to see the Rolling Stones and right before the show you find out that Eddie Money will be filling in for Mick Jagger.

:tt2

stlrz d
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the update. It may be a bit selfish, but I would hate to see him get hurt on Sunday night. I'm going to the game in Cincy on 10/19 & I want Big Ben to play. If our star QB is out and Leftwich plays I will be bummed. It would be like having tickets to see the Rolling Stones and right before the show you find out that Eddie Money will be filling in for Mick Jagger.

I know how you feel. I saw the Steelers in Lambeau in '05 and Batch started.

At least I got to see Troy return a fumble 70 or 80 some yards for a TD! :tt1

And after that play I spilled a guy's beer twirling my terrible towel...it went all over the back of another guy's leather jacket. :oops:

But when I offered to have it cleaned and/or pay for a replacement if necessary the guy was an ******* so he deserved it anyway! :moon

phillyesq
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
coach cliche

Great line! :Clap

Ozey74
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1abrtqv6]Per ESPN he had a light practice today and is expected to play.

And after that play I spilled a guy's beer twirling my terrible towel...it went all over the back of another guy's leather jacket. :oops:

But when I offered to have it cleaned and/or pay for a replacement if necessary the guy was an ******* so he deserved it anyway! :moon[/quote:1abrtqv6]

Did the guy take you up on your offer?

I know your pain. Spilling beer on people is never fun (especially when it costs $8.25). I did this at Busch Stadium during a Cards game in St. Louis a few years ago on the nicest person I've ever met. He gave me no grief and was totally cool about it. The spillage was just under 16 oz & all 16 oz. landed on his back. He was a dad who was with his little boy. I felt like a a$$.

stlrz d
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1rq71ory]Per ESPN he had a light practice today and is expected to play.

But when I offered to have it cleaned and/or pay for a replacement if necessary the guy was an ******* so he deserved it anyway! :moon

I know your pain. Spilling beer on people is never fun (especially when it costs $8.25). I did this at Busch Stadium during a Cards game in St. Louis a few years ago on the nicest person I've ever met. He gave me no grief and was totally cool about it. The spillage was just under 16 oz & all 16 oz. landed on his back. He was a dad who was with his little boy. I felt like a a$$.[/quote:1rq71ory]

No. He was a jerk and refused my offer. Even the people around him gave him a hard time about it because he launched into full on douchebaggery.

The beer I spilled belonged to a fellow Steelers fan who was there with me. Troy scooped up the ball and headed to open field for a sure TD...we both rose to our feet, he thrusting his beer straight up in the air and me twirling towel...the rest is spilled beer history! :lol:

BigBen2112
10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah well there is the 100 million dollar investment behind a SH*T poor offensive line and a horrible OC and poor playcalling.

This is insane...and if this continues he wont make it and the season may be ruined.

Someone DOES need held accountable.

Ozey74
10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
[quote=Ozey74][quote="stlrz d":3o99rnra]Per ESPN he had a light practice today and is expected to play.

I know your pain. Spilling beer on people is never fun (especially when it costs $8.25). I did this at Busch Stadium during a Cards game in St. Louis a few years ago on the nicest person I've ever met. He gave me no grief and was totally cool about it. The spillage was just under 16 oz & all 16 oz. landed on his back. He was a dad who was with his little boy. I felt like a a$$.[/quote:3o99rnra]

No. He was a jerk and refused my offer. Even the people around him gave him a hard time about it because he launched into full on douchebaggery.

The beer I spilled belonged to a fellow Steelers fan who was there with me. Troy scooped up the ball and headed to open field for a sure TD...we both rose to our feet, he thrusting his beer straight up in the air and me twirling towel...the rest is spilled beer history! :lol:[/quote:3o99rnra]

I know the play your talking about. I see it from time to time on a highlight reel. I will think of you next time I come across it.

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah well there is the 100 million dollar investment behind a SH*T poor offensive line and a horrible OC and poor playcalling.

This is insane...and if this continues he wont make it and the season may be ruined.

Someone DOES need held accountable.

Bro, carouse that enthusiasm before you hurt yourself. Everybody feels the same trepidation about our franchise QB.... imagine how many more championships we would of won in the 90s if we only had a QB of Ben's calibre then. But let's get some perspective here. We're 3-1, 2-0 in the division and coming into a much needed bye. Ben's not out for the season, and our D is playing lights out. We could very well go into the Giants game 5-1. Yes, our OC and line sucks.... let's see what in-season adjustments will be made to help with protecting our 100 million dollar investment.