PDA

View Full Version : 10 bad NFL player deals

anger 82&95
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Fox sports: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8624 ... 's-remorse (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8624346/Top-10-cases-of-buyer's-remorse)

Check out #2

frankthetank1
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
thats no suprise. the big difference is this is maxipad's last year. imagine signing javon walker to a contract like that or josh mcown? just looking for any positives

phillyesq
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I almost expected Starks to be #1.

It's nice to see Ricardo Colclough on the list as well.

anger 82&95
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
The Browns made the list twice, that was enough to put a smile on my face.

papillon
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
No Herschel Walker? :wft

Pappy

Iron Shiek
10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
The Browns made the list twice, that was enough to put a smile on my face.

Technically its 3 times. Embedded within the Derek Anderson mumbo jumbo was Donte Stallworth. Shouldn't he really be #1. I mean think about it...they signed a guy to a 7 yr $35 million contract and hasn't been active yet. At least Starks and Walker have dressed for some games and earned some pay (I suppose). Stallworth hasn't done $hit. That is worse in my mind.

dcsteelerfan
10-02-2008, 12:51 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":8f4dvnkw]The Browns made the list twice, that was enough to put a smile on my face.

Technically its 3 times. Embedded within the Derek Anderson mumbo jumbo was Donte Stallworth. Shouldn't he really be #1. I mean think about it...they signed a guy to a 7 yr $35 million contract and hasn't been active yet. At least Starks and Walker have dressed for some games and earned some pay (I suppose). Stallworth hasn't done $hit. That is worse in my mind.[/quote:8f4dvnkw]

So that puts them 0-3. As of right now Shawn Rodgers has had an impact, but it is still early in the season. After a few more losses I predict he will revert back to his days as a Detroit Lion - throwing in the towel and simply going through the motions. In other words, showing up for work and doing the absolute minimum to keep the checks coming.

Iron Shiek
10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":1jluavdg]The Browns made the list twice, that was enough to put a smile on my face.

Technically its 3 times. Embedded within the Derek Anderson mumbo jumbo was Donte Stallworth. Shouldn't he really be #1. I mean think about it...they signed a guy to a 7 yr $35 million contract and hasn't been active yet. At least Starks and Walker have dressed for some games and earned some pay (I suppose). Stallworth hasn't done $hit. That is worse in my mind.

So that puts them 0-3. As of right now Shawn Rodgers has had an impact, but it is still early in the season. After a few more losses I predict he will revert back to his days as a Detroit Lion - throwing in the towel and simply going through the motions. In other words, showing up for work and doing the absolute minimum to keep the checks coming.[/quote:1jluavdg]

And gosh dam if everyone on this board didn't see this coming for the Stains. Everyone couldn't stop ejaculating all over these $hit stains and now those same people talk about how awful they look without acknowledging how stupid they sound now. :brownssuck

Iron Shiek
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
couldn't stop ejaculating all over these $hit stains

Ouch. I re-read that line and it didn't paint a pretty picture. Sorry everyone. :cry:

buckeyehoppy
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I think of the draft and think that a player like Kirk Barton could have been taken with one of the Steelers 6th Round picks (he was taken by the Bears, the fifth-to-last pick in the entire draft). This guy has played in exactly as many games (one) as Max Sucks...and at the rookie minimum. Granted, Humpal and Mundy both got hurt. But only Humpal was placed on IR.

Why am I not surprised that guys like Max Sucks, Ricardo Colclough, Derek Anderson and Corey Williams are ALL on that list? At least only one of them is with the Steelers...for the moment. The Steelers Brain Fart Trust can't make mistakes like signing a bench player to a $7M tender or drafting only one OL in the last draft when the need was so great.

AkronSteel
10-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm surprised that Donte Stallworthless is not on this list, maybe the writer forgot about him because he hasn't even played. I think that 3 Clowns are deserving to be on this list. Max definately belongs on this list as well. I really wish the team would have pursued Justin Smiley in the offseason instead of throwing $ like that at Max Sucks. Three bad decisions along the OL as far as signs and retention is really costing the team now!

kennyes
10-03-2008, 05:39 AM
I almost expected Starks to be #1.

It's nice to see Ricardo Colclough on the list as well.

Unfortunately we fathered that one as well ...

RuthlessBurgher
10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
No Herschel Walker? :wft

Pappy

It was 10 bad deals given out this past offseason.

BigBen2112
10-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Its OK that our FO blew it...Cleveland's FO screwed up more so its all good.

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 10:31 AM
why isnt deangelo hall on that list?

phillyesq
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
why isnt deangelo hall on that list?

Only conceivable reason is that he signed after a trade, and wasn't a straight up FA signing.

frankthetank1
10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Only conceivable reason is that he signed after a trade, and wasn't a straight up FA signing.

oh yea thats right. it still has to be one of the worst contracts in the nfl

RuthlessBurgher
10-03-2008, 03:33 PM

oh yea thats right. it still has to be one of the worst contracts in the nfl

Corey Williams was also acquired in a trade. He made the list.

All of the Raider moves...overpaying for Walker, Kelly, Hall, and Wilson...were ill-advised.