PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to distance yourself of the other board

stlrz d
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showt ... p?t=164536 (http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164536)

Shawn
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Yea...that post didn't quite make sense but someone called the Trib the bane of the Steeler Nation's existance. :lol:

Chadman
10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
That thread just proves that they are intellectually challenged.
What is wrong with these morans ?

Hehe....hehehe,,,hahaha!!!

MORANS! :Clap

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2008, 06:51 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/TheMadKnight/Morans.png

Chadman
10-01-2008, 07:00 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/TheMadKnight/Morans.png

Hehehe... :Cheers

Shawn
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I posted that link at the Trib a couple hours ago....titled "tTrib is Famous!" and merely provided the link.

It was deleted.

:lol:

Trib mods getting a bit sensitive? :D

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I posted that link at the Trib a couple hours ago....titled "tTrib is Famous!" and merely provided the link.

It was deleted.

tTrib?

The whole "tOSU" thing is going to your head a little bit, dontcha think? Will you be abbreviated "the" as a lower-case "t" all the time now? :wink:

Shawn
10-01-2008, 07:22 PM

It was deleted.

tTrib?

The whole "tOSU" thing is going to your head a little bit, dontcha think? Will you be abbreviated "the" as a lower-case "t" all the time now? :wink:

Yes, it amuses me. tOSU, tSMG, tTrib etc and so on. It can be used as a term of respect, arrogance, or a not so subtle way of making fun of and drawing attention to.

I hope that helps.

:mrgreen: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM

It was deleted.

tTrib?

Yes, it amuses me. tOSU, tSMG, tTrib etc and so on. It can be used as a term of respect, arrogance, or a not so subtle way of making fun of and drawing attention to.

I hope that helps.

:mrgreen: :lol:

Oh, no...you didn't just "I hope that helps" me, did you? That's it...now you'll never dot the "i" in Script Ohio. :twisted:

Shawn
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM

No danger of that anyway. The tuba is bigger than me. :D

Iron Shiek
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM

DUDE!! ITS A SOUSSAPHONE!!! GET IT RIGHT MANE!!! GEEZ.

:wink:

Shawn
10-01-2008, 11:10 PM

DUDE!! ITS A SOUSSAPHONE!!! GET IT RIGHT MANE!!! GEEZ.

:wink:

Considering I'm a reformed band geek...I should know that. :oops:

kennyes
10-02-2008, 03:04 AM

It was deleted.

The Trib has been down for a the last couple hours and states that it will be down for repairs until the AM, That's a fuggin shock!!! :roll:

Anyway, I was going to attempt and post the link after I saw this. I guess it will wait until tomorrow. I wonder how many attempts at posting until they ban you?

ikestops85
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I just went there and got the following message

The discussion boards are down for scheduled maintenance. We expect the maintenance window to end sometime in the afternoon on October 2. Thank you for your continued patience.

I think most here ran out of "continued patience" :lol:

Jigawatts
10-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I just went there and got the following message

The discussion boards are down for scheduled maintenance. We expect the maintenance window to end sometime in the afternoon on October 2. Thank you for your continued patience.

I think most here ran out of "continued patience" :lol:

It was down Monday, GAMEDAY, for the same thing. :roll:

kennyes
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
And the trib is still down! It must be all that negative karmic sewage clogging the pipes from the resident douche bags... Actually, I think most are probably one assclown with multiple alias, but digress....

:2c

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
still down-

isn't that three days straight???

someone at 'trib total media" :roll: seems to have their head up their azz

another reason to be thankfull for j's board :D :Cheers

Shawn
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
3 days? Either they are shutting er down or totally revamping the site. A few years back the board shut down for about a week. No warning...just gone for 7 days. When it came back...it was supposed to be faster...had a slightly different look etc. It was having problems within the first month. Trying to post there is just annoying.

I will be curious as to the explanation for the shut down. I would bet money they are trying to update it. Maybe after 6 years of waiting they will finally get the site clicking. Ok...no they won't. :lol:

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
3 days? Either they are shutting er down or totally revamping the site. A few years back the board shut down for about a week. No warning...just gone for 7 days. When it came back...it was supposed to be faster...had a slightly different look etc. It was having problems within the first month. Trying to post there is just annoying.

I will be curious as to the explanation for the shut down. I would bet money they are trying to update it. Maybe after 6 years of waiting they will finally get the site clicking. Ok...no they won't. :lol:

i've been on the various other versions of that board since '97 give or take- and everytime it has been down for an extended period - it has been to 'revamp' the site.

since they have recently re-done the SteelersLive site, my guess is you are correct- they are going to launch an updated version.

MeetJoeGreene
10-03-2008, 12:25 PM

i've been on the various other versions of that board since '97 give or take- and everytime it has been down for an extended period - it has been to 'revamp' the site.

since they have recently re-done the SteelersLive site, my guess is you are correct- they are going to launch an updated version.

Maybe going to phb3. I hope so.

They better not lose my post count!!!

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Maybe going to phb3. I hope so.

They better not lose my post count!!!

something with more stability would be nice...

my guess is they are trying to duplicate MSM's board format :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
10-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Does anyone really care that the negative, gloomers and doomers don't have a place to go. Only a couple of guys still over there say anything worth reading. All you have to do is look at the thread title and the poster and you have a 90% probability of knowing exactly what negative BS they are going to spew for the 1000th time. A bunch of "never have beens" and "never will bes" trying to prove how much smarter they are than people who get paid to do it.

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Does anyone really care that the negative, gloomers and doomers don't have a place to go. Only a couple of guys still over there say anything worth reading. All you have to do is look at the thread title and the poster and you have a 90% probability of knowing exactly what negative BS they are going to spew for the 1000th time. A bunch of "never have beens" and "never will bes" trying to prove how much smarter they are than people who get paid to do it.

I don't care, but I will say that there are a few quality posters I wish would migrate here and post their insights. Call me nostalgic, but if I didn't find that board, I would of never met half of the posters that are currently posting on this board. The braintrust that has gravitated here are a bunch of really informed fans that not only offer a good perspective on things but are also great resources of material (i.e. NKy and Fordfixer). Their research into Steeler material and postings make this place a great buffet of 411.

papillon
10-03-2008, 03:48 PM

I don't care, but I will say that there are a few quality posters I wish would migrate here and post their insights. Call me nostalgic, but if I didn't find that board, I would of never met half of the posters that are currently posting on this board. The braintrust that has gravitated here are a bunch of really informed fans that not only offer a good perspective on things but are also great resources of material (i.e. NKy and Fordfixer). Their research into Steeler material and postings make this place a great buffet of 411.

Do you enjoy the quality posts that I make like this one? :moon

or, how about a little of this? :Blah

Hey, you probably haven't been called a :loser in a while.

:P

Pappy

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Pappy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steeler Mafia
10-03-2008, 03:52 PM
.... how long has it been since you seen this smiley attached to a message.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Everytime I saw it, I wanted to get my hands around that Trolls neck.

AngryAsian
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Pappy

Pap, next time I'm in the Burgh'.... I will make your front yard a fecal point of my visit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANPSTEEL
10-03-2008, 04:00 PM

hater

i used it 5 posts ago

papillon
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Pappy

Pap, next time I'm in the Burgh'.... I will make your front yard a fecal point of my visit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I still lived in the Burgh I would have been at the game to meet all you knuckleheads. Had it been a Sunday tilt I may have drove just to tailgate. So, if there's a fecal point at my former residence in Pittsburgh, you'll have to deal with Grandpa Pappy and Grandma Pappy and that wouldn't be pretty. :P

Pappy

eniparadoxgma
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No offense to anyone that uses that emoticon (except ANP, :) ), but IMO it's always been a very effeminate action, whether it's on teh intrawebz or in real life (rolling your eyes, that is).

Shawn
10-03-2008, 07:05 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No offense to anyone that uses that emoticon (except ANP, :) ), but IMO it's always been a very effeminate action, whether it's on teh intrawebz or in real life (rolling your eyes, that is).

Puleez.

:roll:

Flasteel
10-03-2008, 07:34 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I call it the mark of the troll.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Looks like they just upgraded the servers, which they needed to do. Two things wrong with the process, noticeable instantly!

1) The background is Washington Redskins color, there's no black and gold.
2) They threw a lot of peoples' posts out, anything older than 365 days. Lots of whining and nashing of teeth there, it's amazing what is important to some people !

SteelTorch
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks like they just upgraded the servers, which they needed to do. Two things wrong with the process, noticeable instantly!

2) They threw a lot of peoples' posts out, anything older than 365 days. Lots of whining and nashing of teeth there, it's amazing what is important to some people !
You forgot:

3) tomiesteel, HHH, and Harry Nutzack are still members. :D

Mel Blount's G
10-03-2008, 11:30 PM

You forgot:

HHH is so exaggerted it's actually funny to me (in a sick twisted, not a "haha", kind of way)

And does anyone remember this guy from the "other" board. He hasn't been there since around or before the time of the great exodus of posters from there several years ago.

His handle was WV Steeler Fan or something very very similar. Now I know there's been a handlefull of folks there with very similar screen names. But this guy stuck out. He was HILARIOUS. Every time he posted he had some funny sh!t to say. Y'all would remember this guy I think because he consistently posted comedic crap of professional quality. I mean, HOGEFAN I found funny quite often but no where near the consistency and quality of this dude. I believe in his signature he had Jeff Burton's (or maybe another guy's?) NASCAR with a waving Steeler-logo flag on it. Did he go to that other other board during the Great Exodus? Anyone know if he is still around?

I set the rule for myself years ago when I found myself getting serious on one message board or another that when internet discussion boards/rooms stopped being fun and made me uptight for any reason it was time to step back from the comp because the whole purpose of these cyber-places for me was enjoyment (and sometimes education but I've found both are easily doable)

MeetJoeGreene
10-03-2008, 11:36 PM

I am kind of ticked that a lot of old photoshop contests and classic threads were lost.

And my post count go cut in half. :D

stlrz d
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM

You forgot:

HHH is so exaggerted it's actually funny to me (in a sick twisted, not a "haha", kind of way)

And does anyone remember this guy from the "other" board. He hasn't been there since around or before the time of the great exodus of posters from there several years ago.

His handle was WV Steeler Fan or something very very similar. Now I know there's been a handlefull of folks there with very similar screen names. But this guy stuck out. He was HILARIOUS. Every time he posted he had some funny sh!t to say. Y'all would remember this guy I think because he consistently posted comedic crap of professional quality. I mean, HOGEFAN I found funny quite often but no where near the consistency and quality of this dude. I believe in his signature he had Jeff Burton's (or maybe another guy's?) NASCAR with a waving Steeler-logo flag on it. Did he go to that other other board during the Great Exodus? Anyone know if he is still around?

I set the rule for myself years ago when I found myself getting serious on one message board or another that when internet discussion boards/rooms stopped being fun and made me uptight for any reason it was time to step back from the comp because the whole purpose of these cyber-places for me was enjoyment (and sometimes education but I've found both are easily doable)

That's why I left the trib board and will never return. There is no enjoyment or education to be had there. None.