PDA

View Full Version : Townsend or Bmac?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Was that Townsend that missed the tackle on the long gain that led to their TD?

Can Bmac tackle any better?

Have you seen anything this year that says we give up anything in coverage with Bmac back there rather than Townsend, bad foot or otherwise?

If not, I think it is a no-brainer if Townsend is anything less than 100% because of his foot - Bmac is the starter.

Even if Townsend is 100% - a bit harder, but unless the thought is that Bmac gives up too much in experience-based "wisdom" he should probably start as well.

Thoughts? Enquiring minds want to know!

Shawn
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
IMO it's not even close. BMac is clearly the better DB.

frankthetank1
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
bmac hands down. i believe farrior and clark missed the tackle that you are referring too.

Jom112
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Bmac should be the starter with Townsend becoming the nickel corner. Bmac just looks better out there thus far this season...

steelblood
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
townshend was in coverage on a few of Mason's longer catches. He did miss that big open field tackle that allowed Mason to take the ball down inside the five. On the other hand, McFadden made a great open field tackle on an end around and looked good breaking up passes and mirroring receivers.

SteelerNation1
10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
BMAC

steelernation77
10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
To be fair, Townsend is ususally a solid tackler.

BigBen2112
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I still dont get the no love for William Gay. The dude has played really well in the absence of Townsend. He made a lot of plays and was always around the ball. He even should/could have had a couple picks.

papillon
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Bmac should be the starter with Townsend becoming the nickel corner. Bmac just looks better out there thus far this season...

Jom, here's a link for you, we know you want to do it. :stirpot

http://steelrfansonly.tribe.net/photos/0ffd822a-e5f4-49e3-9cab-efc6c721a114

:tt2

Oh, yea, Mcfadden easily at this point, but, nice to have Deshea around.

Pappy

Oviedo
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Bmac eeven though with every game he starts he is one step closer to out the door.

Shawn
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I still dont get the no love for William Gay. The dude has played really well in the absence of Townsend. He made a lot of plays and was always around the ball. He even should/could have had a couple picks.

We all know you are a Gay lover. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Townsend has spent much of his early career as a nickel back (behind Scott and Washington :HeadBanger ). I think it would be appropriate for him to close out his career in a similar role.

Chadman
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
The defence has not missed a beat, and in fact might even have improved, with McFadden in the starting line-up. It's an ever evolving sport- the time is now to make the change from Townsend to McFadden.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
townshend was in coverage on a few of Mason's longer catches. He did miss that big open field tackle that allowed Mason to take the ball down inside the five. On the other hand, McFadden made a great open field tackle on an end around and looked good breaking up passes and mirroring receivers.

That play was a thing of beauty for McFadden. First, he assumed perfect position to seal the edge and make sure that the runner was forced to cut inside. Then, McFadden beat him inside and was the one to make the tackle.

RussBII
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Is B-Mac really going to be that impossible to sign? I sure hope not.

I say we keep DeShea around as long as possible, even move him to FS if necessary (altho Clark is looking really good and maybe Alien Smith will figure it out someday). Then the second he retires, we hire him as a DB coach...

frankthetank1
10-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Is B-Mac really going to be that impossible to sign? I sure hope not.

I say we keep DeShea around as long as possible, even move him to FS if necessary (altho Clark is looking really good and maybe Alien Smith will figure it out someday). Then the second he retires, we hire him as a DB coach...

i really hope not as well, he has played lights out so far. im sure he will be asking for a lot but he is worth it. he is still very young and will only get better. i know of a certain 7 million that will be free next year. also why cant they just release simmons? he is useless when healthy, i really really dont want him on the team now that he blew out his achillies.
im with benny though, i really think william gay will be a good cb, but you need 3 good cb's and deshea is old.

pittpete
10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Looks like DT has lost more than a step.
If hes not 100% then BMAC, but he hasnt been anything but average over his career here.
Hope the Steelers arent fooled and give him big $$$ to stay here.