PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Frazier could play Sunday

fordfixer
10-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Steelers' Frazier could play Sunday
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08274/916311-66.stm

Andre Frazier, the backup linebacker carted off the field on a stretcher last night, is doing fine and could play Sunday in Jacksonville.

Frazier was injured on the opening kickoff and after he was taken off the field, the Steelers announced he had an injury to his spine. But coach Mike Tomlin said after the game Frazier was okay.

"He looks to be remarkably fine," Tomlin said today. "All indications are this guy's got a chance to move on and play this week, providing he pass some tests, which people are pretty confident he will. So, it's really a blessing.

"It's always scary when you see somebody lay flat and they bring a board out. A lot of that probably was for precautionary reasons, but you want to exercise a little caution under those circumstances."

First published on September 30, 2008 at 4:24 pm

frankthetank1
10-01-2008, 07:47 AM
that is great news!! it was very scary seeing him pretty much motionless.

Oviedo
10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Got to say I hope they error on the side of caution and give him the weekend off. That was a scary scene and we can put another player in there this week. Get Bruce Davis out there and give him some experience.

phillyesq
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Got to say I hope they error on the side of caution and give him the weekend off. That was a scary scene and we can put another player in there this week. Get Bruce Davis out there and give him some experience.

Very good to read to Frazier is going to be alright.

But I tend to agree with Oviedo -- give him another week off -- that will give him the bye week as well, to make sure that he has fully recovered.