PDA

View Full Version : two stupid observations i had

birtikidis
09-30-2008, 10:32 PM
1st i wanted to choke the hell out of tony kornhole when he said that Tomlin was "flamboyantly eloquent". WTF kornhole, just because you can't stop being a fag doesn't make everyone else a fag.
2nd Mewelde Moore doing the "jazz hands" was absolutely AWESOME! i laughed my azz off when that happened.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM
In the post-game press conference, I believe Tomlin referred to Ben's running of the no-huddle offense as "thoughtfully non-rhythmic." Now if that is not flamboyant eloquence, I don't know what is. :wink:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-30-2008, 11:11 PM
1st i wanted to choke the hell out of tony kornhole when he said that Tomlin was "flamboyantly eloquent". WTF kornhole, just because you can't stop being a fag doesn't make everyone else a fag.
2nd Mewelde Moore doing the "jazz hands" was absolutely AWESOME! i laughed my azz off when that happened.

I was screaming at the TV as he was making his run, that was awesome. But I'm old school, I would have preferred he stowed it until the game was won (if then). As it turned out, he almost lost us the game soon thereafter with that collision with Ben.

I hope he has a good week in practice, he looks like he can add some excitement to this team.

Of course the 1st question to ask is ... does he know how to pick up the blitz and block?

Chadman
09-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Is it just Chadman, or does Mewelde Moore look like a lesser version of Brian Westbrook when he's playing?

Awesome pick-up for the Steelers & great work by Coach Tomlin getting him.

papillon
10-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Personally, I liked Anthony Madison's "speed hands" or whatever the hell it was.

Pappy

papillon
10-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Is it just Chadman, or does Mewelde Moore look like a lesser version of Brian Westbrook when he's playing?

I don't know about a lesser Westbrook, but, the Steelers have guys that can play (Moore being one of them), they need to see the field more often.

Pappy

frankthetank1
10-01-2008, 08:08 AM

i agree, moore does all the little things you want out of a rb. since day 1 i was happy with the signing. i dont think the steelers are all that screwed in the rb dept. i think moore will suprise some people

birtikidis
10-01-2008, 09:29 AM

I don't know about a lesser Westbrook, but, the Steelers have guys that can play (Moore being one of them), they need to see the field more often.

Pappy

that actually leads to my third observation... Why was Carey Davis on the field on 3rd and 1 when we were in the SHOTGUN! i can understand if we're lined up to run the ball, but when you throw a flair to your fullback, who i think stinks, you can expect to not get the 1st down.

VirgilBosett
10-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Moore was a good p/u, and he looked great the other night, but I absolutely HATED that stupid az little seizure he had after he was done. :nono

Canít any of these guys make a play without acting like they just won the SB?

All kidding aside.....as much as I hated it, Iíd love to see moor(e)!!!!! :tt1

papillon
10-01-2008, 10:35 AM

Pappy

that actually leads to my third observation... Why was Carey Davis on the field on 3rd and 1 when we were in the SHOTGUN! i can understand if we're lined up to run the ball, but when you throw a flair to your fullback, who i think stinks, you can expect to not get the 1st down.

I have to assume they were trying to give the illusion of potentially running the ball from the gun and were hoping once Ben dropped past the RB that the LBs would quickly get into passing lanes and leave enough space for short comlpetion and run for a first down. That's my guess on the design of the play.

Pappy

SteelerNation1
10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Where was Moore the 1st three games? It kind of stinks 3 RB's had to go down before we got a long look at 21.

papillon
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Where was Moore the 1st three games? It kind of stinks 3 RB's had to go down before we got a long look at 21.

For whatever reason the offense took on a whole new persona in the second half of the game. Some hot routes were hit, we used Moore as the 3rd down back and more and the protection was adequate. The Steelers looked like all of a sudden the offense just clicked into place, not sure why. But, one thing, we're going to see Mewelde a lot more in the upcoming weeks.

Hey, SN1, you have to update your sig, I'm sure you're past 76 games and counting. Get with it, we count on you to keep us imformed of your streak. You're the SteelerNation Ironman... :Cheers :Bow :tt2

Pappy

AngryAsian
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Since last year I've been screaming on the Trib and this board about a backfield by concensus, the best executed offenses in the league have this trait. Why do we have an OC that can't recognize the value of bringing in various RBs for specified plays that augment those particular players' talents. No.... we have to run the wheels off Willie and smash Mendenhall down the middle of a DL that's was rated number 1 in the league. To answer your question Chadman, Moore is a stud. Having an RB that can be a legitimate threat in your passing schemes, stretches the defense and will prevent them from stacking the box on our weak OL. Moore's hands are an asset and should be explored in extreme during this week's practice.

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Moore was a good p/u, and he looked great the other night, but I absolutely HATED that stupid az little seizure he had after he was done. :nono

Canít any of these guys make a play without acting like they just won the SB?

All kidding aside.....as much as I hated it, Iíd love to see moor(e)!!!!! :tt1

I believe Moore was making fun of the Ray Lewis dumb@$$ jazz hands/full body seizure routine that he does during pre-game introductions (because we were playing the Ravens). It was kind of like when we beat the Eagles a few years ago (when T.O. was on the team) and Ward did that goofy Eagle wing flap after scoring a TD (or two).