PDA

View Full Version : Jiga-thoughts

Jigawatts
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
1 - That was a costly win. We are beaten and bruised.

2 - I've liked Patrick Bailey since the exhibition games. This kid continues to shine.

3 - Santonio Holmes has the quickest feet I've ever seen. The way he shifts direction
is almost unnatural.

4 - Someone mentioned in another thread that ESPN has great camera work. I agree,
but do they ever show replays of penalties? Just about the only replay of a penalty
was the unnecessary roughness call they showed about 4 times.

5 - When was the last time our offense has setup a screen? The last I can remember
was from the Jags playoff game when the lineman made a great pick.

6 - My shoulder hurts.

7 - I'm glad the locker room was "pissed off." That first half was an embarrassment
and they needed to wake up.

8 - What the hell is a jiga-thought?

9 - Even though we are beat up, I'm eager to see how this team reacts. The talent
level will drop, but how far will the drop off be?

10 - No sacks in the second half after da-da da-da.... "adjustments." :Clap

NKySteeler
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
That was better than most of David Lettermans' top-10 lists..... :wink:

7 - I'm glad the locker room was "pissed off." That first half was an embarrassment and they needed to wake up.

Agreed... Every team and every season seems to have a "defining moment". Maybe the aggravation and Ben being "vocal" about it at half-time could be this one... Either way, as you said, it was an "expensive" win. They need to make the most out of it.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM

Well, the prefix "giga-" means 1 billion, so you still owe us 999,999,990 more thoughts. :wink:

Jigawatts
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM

Well, the prefix "giga-" means 1 billion, so you still owe us 999,999,990 more thoughts. :wink:

I think Hines Ward is an agitator. And it paid off. 15 yards sucka.

999,999,989 bottles of beer on the wall. :moon :lol:

Steeler Expat
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Hines is the Community Agitator

steelblood
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
"a costly win"

The talent level may drop, but I don't think the results should.

Look at the facts. Simmons has had two poor years in a row. He enjoys falling down and playing usher to d-lineman that wish to enter our backfield. He is a veteran who commits false start penalties AT HOME on a semi-regular basis.

Mendenhall will be a good player, but so far he is a rookie with a 3 yard per carry average and no success returning kicks.

I think we can replace these two players with Russell/Davenport and Stapleton. Russell can do the hard inside running and Davenport is a stout pass protector and decent receiver and runner. Stapleton may not have Simmons strength, but he is perhaps more agile and a slightly better pass protector.

Carey Davis - eh. Never was that impressed. The only reason he has a job is that he can do a lot of different things. The problem with Davis is that he doesn't do anything particularly well. I guarantee you that we can find a better FB. Hell, McHugh may very well be better.

Frazier - I think he'll be fine. But, he wasn't doing anything other than special teams work. When Woods is healthy, Frazier is expendable.

ikestops85
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Davenport will actually improve the kick return game. I am sorry to see Mendy down for the rest of the year. I wasn't as high on him as many here are but I thought he would be helpful giving Willie a break. I don't think we will have a problem replacing Simmons but losing Frasier might impact us more than many think. I was just starting to get somewhat comfortable about our special teams kick coverage and I don't want it to change. I hated having to root for Reed to kick it out of bounds last year but to me that was safer and caused less stomach acid than kicking it deep.

steelblood
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I think Davenport will actually improve the kick return game. I am sorry to see Mendy down for the rest of the year. I wasn't as high on him as many here are but I thought he would be helpful giving Willie a break. I don't think we will have a problem replacing Simmons but losing Frasier might impact us more than many think. I was just starting to get somewhat comfortable about our special teams kick coverage and I don't want it to change. I hated having to root for Reed to kick it out of bounds last year but to me that was safer and caused less stomach acid than kicking it deep.

Remember that Woods should return soon.

The special teams were Woods and Frazier
then Bailey and Frazier
soon Bailey and Woods

I like the last combo the best. We'll be fine when Woods returns. For now, Bruce Davis may finally get some reps.

Djfan
10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
We haven't done a screen because the last few times they tried it it was sniffed out and produced nothing. That's my take on it.

Good list Gig.

papillon
10-01-2008, 01:22 AM

2 - I've liked Patrick Bailey since the exhibition games. This kid continues to shine.

3 - Santonio Holmes has the quickest feet I've ever seen. The way he shifts direction
is almost unnatural.

4 - Someone mentioned in another thread that ESPN has great camera work. I agree,
but do they ever show replays of penalties? Just about the only replay of a penalty

Only when it serves the "agenda du jour"

5 - When was the last time our offense has setup a screen? The last I can remember

I distinctly remember one that Bradshaw set up beautifully to Rocky Bleier in the 1976 playoff game against the Oakland Raiders. Oh wait, he was injured the week before...ok, I can't rememebr one.

6 - My shoulder hurts.

7 - I'm glad the locker room was "pissed off." That first half was an embarrassment

I don't know, but, here, have one of these. :moon

9 - Even though we are beat up, I'm eager to see how this team reacts. The talent

I think the Steelers upgrade at the right guard and certainly lose in the RB department. I hope Frazier is okay and, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, the cover teams have looked good this year. I think they'll be fine with whoever replaces Frazier.

Adjustments or @ss chewing out by Ben?

Pappy

SteelerNation1
10-01-2008, 10:45 AM

is almost unnatural.

6 - My shoulder hurts.

Nice list jig.
Let me add.
-Great to see Ben step up vocally and with his play.
-The three minute sequence at the end of the 3rd Q was as crazy as Heinz has been in a while (Santonio TD, Renegade blaring during the break, Sack, FF, TD by Woodley)
-The last time the Steelers lost a home MNF game I was not yet able to drive!!!
-A win is a win is a win is a win! 3-1!