PDA

View Full Version : Players that are available to fill in the injury gaps

BigBen2112
09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I assume we'll have to pickup a RB and maybe an OL/DL with all the injuries we have right now.

Here are some that maybe we can have a discussion about and see what we would do if we ran the team:

Shaun Alexander
Musa Smith
Cedric Benson
Veron Haynes
Nejeh Davenport
Mike Anderson
Ron Dayne
Samkon Gado

LeCharles Bentley
Brandon Gorin
Cory Lekkerkerker

Baba Oshinowo
Dre Moore
Is Mike Rucker available? Or Hurt or what?

Just some of the names out there I believe. I think we will have to add at least one person to the roster.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I believe Mike Rucker retired. Looks like the Dump Truck is in for a physical. Of course, popular sentiment will be with Bentley, but if were in shape to play, someone else would have signed him by now, I would think.

Oviedo
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I think the fact that they need someone NOW means that the first choice for RB will be Davenport because he knows the system.

I'm all over picking up Dre Moore, but they would have to cut someone because none of our injured DL have gone on IR.

I would ove to see Bentley come in, but the fact that no one has signed him means that (a) physically he is unable to play, (b) his salary demands are unreasonable or (c) combination of both.

MeetJoeGreene
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Alexander probably has nothing left - or he would have been my first choice.

Musa and Anderson are hard, tough runners and I would like them.

But it looks like it is welcom back DUMPTRUCK!!!

ikestops85
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, isn't Tatum Bell available? We would just have to hide the luggage. :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Ron Dayne seemed decent last year with the Texans, I was a little surprised to hear he'd been let go. If we need another goal line back, I think we could do OK with him, barring injury.