PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tony Kornheiser,

RussBII
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Please remove your mouth from Flacco's crotch.

Signed
Dandy Don and everyone else who misses talented MNF announcers.

Discipline of Steel
09-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, i thought announcers were supposed to be impartial. Keyshawn cant hide his disdain for the Steelers (or the Panthers). Kornhole is Thiesmanlike in his glorification and sickening approbation of anyone the Steelers face. He just objected when the other guy praised Hines. "Its only one play". AND HOLMES PUTS IT IN HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discipline of Steel
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
AND WOODLEY PUTS IT IN HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
I wonder what demographic the programming/casting wizards thought Tony Kornholer would satisfy ...

steelblood
09-30-2008, 09:10 AM
To be fair, Kornheiser has swooned for the STeelers before. His problem is that he needs a storyline to comment. If there is no backstory he wants to illuminate, he'll simply overdramatically swoon for the team in the lead and pick apart the team that is losing.

dcsteelerfan
09-30-2008, 09:21 AM
AND WOODLEY PUTS IT IN HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Flacco lead them to that game tying TD drive in the 4th qtr, it didn't matter who won the game - it will be deemed as Flacco's coming out party, comparisons to Big Ben's rookie year, etc. Every time he completed aq pass, Jaws was gushing over his arm strength, coolness in the pocket, and keeping his eyes down the field.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Did my ears deceive me or did Kornheiser call Ben a "Drama Queen"?

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM

Yup...and after that, when McGahee went down for the second time in the same game, my wife called Willis a drama queen. :lol:

RussBII
09-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I just can't even stand him anymore. I don't care who he swoons over, he has no business being in the booth. And when he over talks Jaws I get livid. Jaws is talking about football, Kornheiser is talking about... well whatever storyline he decided to obsess on.

I can't believe he doesn't latch on to Pittsburgh's declining steel industry....

ikestops85
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm surprised he can talk at all with his nose buried so far up Bret Favre's arse. I figured the sack would muffle the sound. :moon

dcsteelerfan
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised he can talk at all with his nose buried so far up Bret Favre's arse. I figured the sack would muffle the sound. :moon

Actually, John Madden is buried even further up Favre's behind. I remember against the Ravens on MNF a few years ago he threw like 4 picks, and Madden blamed the WRs for not giving Favre enough help. Of course Madden failed to mention that Favre was throwing into double and triple coverages.

SteelStallion
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM

He did. He's obnoxious. It workes somewhat for him on PTI where he's time limited and Mike Wilibon balances him out.

dcsteelerfan
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM

He did. He's obnoxious. It workes somewhat for him on PTI where he's time limited and Mike Wilibon balances him out.

But I've heard my fair share of Steelers fans say the same thing about Ben. I don't care if he is or not, so long as we win the game.

ikestops85
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Actually, John Madden is buried even further up Favre's behind. I remember against the Ravens on MNF a few years ago he threw like 4 picks, and Madden blamed the WRs for not giving Favre enough help. Of course Madden failed to mention that Favre was throwing into double and triple coverages.

Then I guess Favre has a cavernous behind if he has both Kornholser and Madden buried in there. :lol:

stlrz d
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
To be fair, Kornheiser has swooned for the STeelers before. His problem is that he needs a storyline to comment. If there is no backstory he wants to illuminate, he'll simply overdramatically swoon for the team in the lead and pick apart the team that is losing.

Correct. Tony goes whichever way the wind blows.

That's why I have no problem with him. I view him as entertainment and nothing more.

dcsteelerfan
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Correct. Tony goes whichever way the wind blows.

That's why I have no problem with him. I view him as entertainment and nothing more.

I agree with the fact that he is nothing more than entertainment. The thing is, I don't want to nor need to be entertained when watching a football game, especially if the Steelers are playing. He fills the void admirably during the 2nd half of preseason games - that's about it IMO.

ikestops85
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree with the fact that he is nothing more than entertainment. The thing is, I don't want to nor need to be entertained when watching a football game, especially if the Steelers are playing. He fills the void admirably during the 2nd half of preseason games - that's about it IMO.

It's sorta like I loved the Dennis Miller show on HBO but he absolutely "blew" as a football commentator. It's football ... at least entertain me with football related material and occasionally just SHUT UP!!