View Full Version : Dear Ben,

RussBII
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
THROW THE F'N BALL!!!!

signed,
Steeler Nation

Steelhere10
09-29-2008, 10:16 PM
being out performed by a rookie.... (shakes head )

RussBII
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
I've been the biggest Ben supporter ever. Maybe not here on this board... but in general. His inability to get rid of the ball quickly is KILLING this team...

Sure, the O-line isn't that good... but even when they give him even a tiny bit of protection he holds on to the ball until he's tackled... _not_ good....

<sigh>

I would love to see a state for games with more than 7 sacks by a QB....

mshifko
09-29-2008, 10:26 PM
uhhh one big problem, no one is open...

who do you want him to throw it to? the other team?

Steelhere10
09-29-2008, 10:29 PM

who do you want him to throw it to? the other team?twice from my tv angle i have seen 2 occasions where receivers was open , but the happy feet ----- oh welllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RussBII
09-29-2008, 10:34 PM

who do you want him to throw it to? the other team?twice from my tv angle i have seen 2 occasions where receivers was open , but the happy feet ----- oh welllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last sack, there were two receivers open.... as per the endzone camera...

mshifko
09-30-2008, 12:28 AM
what now? without ben extending plays, we wouldn't have moved the ball at all today pal

LouSteel
09-30-2008, 12:31 AM
what now? without ben extending plays, we wouldn't have moved the ball at all today pal

:Agree

If we can get some decent play calling, we will successfully mask our OL problems.

A GOOD OC is the missing piece. We need to get someone who will acknowledge our weaknesses and work around them... rather than trying to run the same broken plays again and again.

Steel Life
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
...His inability to get rid of the ball quickly is KILLING this team...
Yes - Ben is the problem....not the crappy line, not the crappy special teams, not the fact our DB's play 8-10 yards off the ball, not our aged defensive line, & certainly not our genius OC. And who could forget our GM who put all this into place?

Nope it's all Ben. :roll:

Djfan
09-30-2008, 02:41 AM
If we can get some decent play calling, we will successfully mask our OL problems.

A GOOD OC is the missing piece. We need to get someone who will acknowledge our weaknesses and work around them... rather than trying to run the same broken plays again and again.

Thank you Lou!!! I have been screaming this for two years.

RussBII
09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
He certainly turned it around in the 2nd half. Maybe it is the fact that every play BA calls takes 15 minutes to develop.

Regardless... I feel that Ben could've gotten rid of it w/ that one sack. He does hold on to the ball too long at times... However, that's also what makes him great...

I just wish he or whoever would adjust to quicker throws/routes sooner in a game instead of having to wait until half time.

Was it just me, or did Ben actually hit the RB a few times?