PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Bruce A

Djfan
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I can wish, can't I?!?!?!

LasVegasGuy
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I can wish, can't I?!?!?!

Who's gonna fire him certainly not Tomlin? They both should go in my opinion.

Djfan
09-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I still want to believe in Tomlin, but it's getting hard to.

Steelhere10
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
i am losing faith in Tomlin also , and we all know BA sucks dicks, but the real reason this game is gone to ****z is because Ben. when we had field position , he go and throw that BS int. along with the happy feet is not going to cut it.

RussBII
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
i am losing faith in Tomlin also , and we all know BA sucks dicks, but the real reason this game is gone to bad word is because Ben. when we had field position , he go and throw that BS int. along with the happy feet is not going to cut it.

I hate to say this... but this post is $$$... Ben's inability to get rid of the ball is the #1 issue w/ the passing game right now...

I almost feel bad for the OL getting blamed for this...

BigBen2112
09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
This is a SUPER BOWL talented team.

With a HIGH SCHOOL offensive line. No good depth at DL. And a coaching staff that it would be a disgrace to all high school coaches to call a high school coaching staff.

Tell me again how this is a dead horse? Tell me again how everything is fine...tell me again how no action should be taken when we have the talent to make a deep run into the playoffs and yet we cant even score a TD in what will it be? Almost 2 and 1/2 games if we dont do anything tonight?

mshifko
09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
i'm blaming bruce arians for this joke of an offense...

we'll see how the second half, if it's anything like the first half, i think i'm going to pull my hair out

NKySteeler
09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Arians needs to be gone.... I have said this since last November, but others seem to think I am "hysterical".... So be it....

LasVegasGuy
09-29-2008, 10:34 PM

With a HIGH SCHOOL offensive line. No good depth at DL. And a coaching staff that it would be a disgrace to all high school coaches to call a high school coaching staff.

Tell me again how this is a dead horse? Tell me again how everything is fine...tell me again how no action should be taken when we have the talent to make a deep run into the playoffs and yet we cant even score a TD in what will it be? Almost 2 and 1/2 games if we dont do anything tonight?

Everyone looks past the present and only concentrates on how Tomlin won the AFC North last year. Big deal. I said it last year and I am repeating it this year big freakin' deal. We were better then 2 of the worst teams in the league last year and we own the Browns. Very impressive. How do we lock up Tomlin for the next 10 years :roll: . What has Tomlin done to put his stamp on this team? Has he won a game that he should have lost? I can think of many that he lost that should have won.

proudpittsburgher
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
i am losing faith in Tomlin also , and we all know BA sucks dicks, but the real reason this game is gone to bad word is because Ben. when we had field position , he go and throw that BS int. along with the happy feet is not going to cut it.

I hate to say this... but this post is $$$... Ben's inability to get rid of the ball is the #1 issue w/ the passing game right now...

You can't be serious.

steelblood
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM

I think Hoke, Kirschke, Roye, and Eason have played pretty well this year. The Ravens are a good running team, and our backups held their own at the POA. I'm not sure what you expect from backup 3-4 lineman. But, those guys are doing their jobs.

The coaches (especially Arians and Zierlin) cannot be defended. They are, as you say, "high school" caliber.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 10:06 AM

I think Hoke, Kirschke, Roye, and Eason have played pretty well this year. The Ravens are a good running team, and our backups held their own at the POA. I'm not sure what you expect from backup 3-4 lineman. But, those guys are doing their jobs.

The coaches (especially Arians and Zierlin) cannot be defended. They are, as you say, "high school" caliber.

:Agree about the d-line. Coming into the season, the lack of d-line depth appeared to be more worrisome than the o-line overall. But with Keisel and Hampton out, forcing guys like Hoke, Kirschke, Eason, and Roye to play a ton, the d-line is holding up better than expected. The o-line, on the other hand...

BigBen2112
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM

:Agree about the d-line. Coming into the season, the lack of d-line depth appeared to be more worrisome than the o-line overall. But with Keisel and Hampton out, forcing guys like Hoke, Kirschke, Eason, and Roye to play a ton, the d-line is holding up better than expected. The o-line, on the other hand...

They are all basically ancient though. And what about Tomlin's "younger and bigger/tougher" in the trenches? I think we've actually gotten OLDER!

Djfan
09-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone who thinks that the play calling does not play a huge factor in our stinky play lately is sniffing glue. When a team has a weakness they call plays that minimize that weakness. When Brucey A calls plays that take a long time to develop, knowing that our line is struggling, he is stupid.

When opposing defenses get into a simple, repetitive game plan such as blitz all the time and don't protect the flat for the pass, the play calling is too predictable. Such play calling is stupid.

If you have the skill players that we do you don't need to be so stuck in a rut with your play calling as we are. This is stupid.

Any questions?

proudpittsburgher
09-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Anyone who thinks that the play calling does not play a huge factor in our stinky play lately is sniffing glue. When a team has a weakness they call plays that minimize that weakness. When Brucey A calls plays that take a long time to develop, knowing that our line is struggling, he is stupid.

When opposing defenses get into a simple, repetitive game plan such as blitz all the time and don't protect the flat for the pass, the play calling is too predictable. Such play calling is stupid.

If you have the skill players that we do you don't need to be so stuck in a rut with your play calling as we are. This is stupid.

Any questions?

Pretty well said, if you can't plug the hole in the O-line, it doesn't necessarily mean you are sunk, and the offense started to show signs of coming out of that in the secodn half. It seems like every throw was going to Moore, which was a good thing. It's nice to see the back come out of the backfield, I wish they would do that more with Parker.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2008, 10:30 AM

They are all basically ancient though. And what about Tomlin's "younger and bigger/tougher" in the trenches? I think we've actually gotten OLDER!

I'm right with you on the "should have drafted Anthony Collins in the 3rd and traded up for Red Bryant in the 4th" train, but all things considered, for how bad things look on the o-line right now, things are looking much better along the d-line than I ever could have anticipated considering two starters were down.

If you told me before the season that we would be starting Aaron Smith along with the Hoke-Kirschke-Eason-Roye pupu platter at this point, I would have been legitimately concerned that our defense would suffer immensely, but that has not been the case so far. It is odd admitting that Nick Eason appears to be a solid NFL player out there. I never would have considered that last year.

Oviedo
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
We should fire all the coaches and get really good coaches like Scott Linehan, Marvin Lewis, Lane Kiffin, Rod Marinelli, Norv Turner and Romeo Crenell. Maybe we can convince Charlie Weis to leave Notre Dame because every coach who isn't ours is definitely better than who we have.

Let's just go to the coaching K-Mart and see if we can get a bluelight special on a two for one for OC and Head Coach. maybe they are running a special this week. You guys are amazing. How about blaming the players for their lack of execution and hold them accountable? You do realize they are the ones actually on the field don't you?

BigBen2112
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
We should fire all the coaches and get really good coaches like Scott Linehan, Marvin Lewis, Lane Kiffin, Rod Marinelli, Norv Turner and Romeo Crenell. Maybe we can convince Charlie Weis to leave Notre Dame because every coach who isn't ours is definitely better than who we have.

Let's just go to the coaching K-Mart and see if we can get a bluelight special on a two for one for OC and Head Coach. maybe they are running a special this week. You guys are amazing. How about blaming the players for their lack of execution and hold them accountable? You do realize they are the ones actually on the field don't you?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah b/c coaching is never a problem...and Arians doesn't do anything wrong...and he isn't one of the biggest reason for our failure.

I would take Kiffin as our OC. He'd be a hell of a lot better than Arians.

You dismissing the problem with the coaching is naive. Players didn't execute maybe, but the game plan sucked.

Hell Ben had to TELL the coaching staff to go to no huddle. Yeah how bright and amazing Arians is. He has LOST us games with his 30 structured plays...noone else in the NFL does that for a reason.

But yeah you're right...the coaching staff is awesome :roll:

Oviedo
09-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Yeah b/c coaching is never a problem...and Arians doesn't do anything wrong...and he isn't one of the biggest reason for our failure.

You dismissing the problem with the coaching is naive. Players didn't execute maybe, but the game plan sucked.

Hell Ben had to TELL the coaching staff to go to no huddle. Yeah how bright and amazing Arians is. He has LOST us games with his 30 structured plays...noone else in the NFL does that for a reason.

You thinking that just getting a new coach would make things better is clueless. You really have no idea what goes on in the prep and lead up to games. Did you see the gameplan going in? Did you sit through the film sessions?

It's just an easy cheapshot at the coaches when things don't go right. Arians may need to go, but don't assume you will get anybody coming in who wil meet your standards because as soon as that person hits a rough spot you will be calling for their heads too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigBen2112
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM

You thinking that just getting a new coach would make things better is clueless. You really have no idea what goes on in the prep and lead up to games. Did you see the gameplan going in? Did you sit through the film sessions?

It's just an easy cheapshot at the coaches when things don't go right. Arians may need to go, but don't assume you will get anybody coming in who wil meet your standards because as soon as that person hits a rough spot you will be calling for their heads too. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bullsh*t.

Dont tell me what I will and will not be doing.

I didnt have a huge problem with Mularkey or Whisenhunt...we had good offenses with them and did not have the talent that we do now.

Arians has hurt our offense the whole two years he's been here.

He has stated and it has been stated that he plans 30 plays. Other OCs dont do that for a reason...it does not really work.

You can tell when things are not going right because we continue to do the same things and come up empty. He doesnt adapt or change at all.

And if you cannot see that from watching the game then I dont know what you're watching!

Sure blame the players, but guess what? When the run is called up the middle continually and it continually doesn't work...what player do you want to blame? Ben again? What did he not hand it off quickly enough?

The playcalling is to blame for alot of things...maybe not everything, but alot of things. When you start off the game doing the same things and it doesnt work it really sets you back as a team. Maybe if we had better playcalling we'd get some momentum and then we'd see a better offense.

But yeah the coaching isn't at fault at all. Its players faults not ever coaches.

Crennel is doing a great job in Cleveland. Herm Edwards is doing a great job in KC. What the hell were they thinking firing the great Scott Linehan.

Yeah the coaching is never an issue. :roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM

I would be in favor of canning Ariens and promoting the QB coach. I believe that we would be no worse off. No wait - statistically it would be almost impossible to not be better.

MeetJoeGreene
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm right with you on the "should have drafted Anthony Collins in the 3rd and traded up for Red Bryant in the 4th" train, but all things considered, for how bad things look on the o-line right now, things are looking much better along the d-line than I ever could have anticipated considering two starters were down.

If you told me before the season that we would be starting Aaron Smith along with the Hoke-Kirschke-Eason-Roye pupu platter at this point, I would have been legitimately concerned that our defense would suffer immensely, but that has not been the case so far. It is odd admitting that Nick Eason appears to be a solid NFL player out there. I never would have considered that last year.

Hoke-Kirshke-Eason-Roye pupu platter... :D :D

I feel the same way though - I am surprised how well our D-Line has held. Hopefully the others come back fresh.

pittpete
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
If I have to watch another 2 TE set when the other team is blowing up the middle of the line I will scream.
We have called 1 screen play in the last 2 weeks.
Anyone remember what a sweep or pitch outside looks like?
Hmmm, the draw, whats that Bruce?

Flasteel
09-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Put down the pipe you two.

To say that Ben is the number one reason for the offensive problems is so laughable I hesitated to even respond to the comment. Sure he contributes by holding on to the ball too long or not throwing it away when it's the best play available. But it's been pointed out everywhere from here to the broadcast booth that those opportunities are also what makes Roethlisberger so special. Ask yourself how many times you've yelled for him to throw it away or started to think he was dead in the pocket, only to have him make a play.

The main problem, as a few of us have been screaming since last year, is Bruce Arians. If you can't see that our coaching and play calling can make the difference in overcoming our pass protection issues, then you are blind or clueless.

AngryAsian
09-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Our woes will continue to plague this unbelievably talented team, so long as Arians is doing the play calling. Our line has had trouble protecting Ben during pass plays and nauseatingly inept when attempting block for running plays that go between the tackles.... so what does Arians do? He calls plays that continue to incorporate our weaknesses. Sorry folks, as long as Arians is at command of the plays we'll continue to flounder.

As for Ben's "Happy Feet mixed with poor decision making"...... I think these poorly designed plays augment these undesirable QB characteristics. I'm hoping if this team doesn't get to the playoffs and atleast advance to the divisional games, he should be ousted. Its like shades of the 90s, phenomenal defense and lack lustered, inconsistent offense... only this time we have great players and a poor play calling the vise versa of the 90s offensive teams. When are we going to watch a game and see consistent beatings of our opponents? I have an ulcer.

eniparadoxgma
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
i am losing faith in Tomlin also , and we all know BA sucks dicks, but the real reason this game is gone to ****z is because Ben. when we had field position , he go and throw that BS int. along with the happy feet is not going to cut it.

Dude, your view is skewed. If you can't see how there are more problems then just Ben I suggest you start watching more then where the football is during the next game. Period.

I guess it's just human nature...apparently...but a lot of the time it's not just one problem, and you don't need to go to extremes.
"IT'S ALL BEN!!!" "IT'S ALL THE O-LINE!!!" "IT'S ALL ARIANS!!!" "IT'S ALL TOMLIN!!!" "IT'S ALL COLBERT!!!"

Bah. There are numerous problems and causes of said problems.

Some of it is Ben. Some of it is the O-Line. Some of it is Arians. Some of it is Tomlin. Some of it is Colbert.

If I got my ass handed to me 8 or 9 times in one game, not counting the numerous hits and hurries (NUMEROUS), I might be a bit gun-shy the next game considering the offensive line and the offensive coordinator. To blame it all on Ben is not just wrong. It's a f#$king travesty.

eniparadoxgma
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Any questions?

:Clap :Clap :Clap

Steelhere10
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
do you guys read!!! besides the obvious ( Bruce A ) i did say we all know he suck dicks!, and the OL i stated the main reason the Ravens wasn't blown out was because of that dumb int. that Ben threw, and at the moment was getting out performed by a rookie. NOT ONE TIME in my statement did i claim Ben was the only reason!!!!

stlrz d
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
do you guys read!!! besides the obvious ( Bruce A ) i did say we all know he suck dicks!, and the OL i stated the main reason the Ravens wasn't blown out was because of that dumb int. that Ben threw, and at the moment was getting out performed by a rookie. NOT ONE TIME in my statement did i claim Ben was the only reason!!!!

I agree that INTs are bad of course, but how is it a dumb INT when a guy tries to stop his throw and the ball comes out of his hand...the same hand that was stepped on last week?

Unfortunate, yes. Dumb, no.

Steelhere10
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM

I agree that INTs are bad of course, but how is it a dumb INT when a guy tries to stop his throw and the ball comes out of his hand...the same hand that was stepped on last week?

Unfortunate, yes. Dumb, no. well you get the picture. :mrgreen: