PDA

View Full Version : What did the Bears do that we couldn't do?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Against the Eagles tonight?

I had to work, missed the game, but I read that Kyle Orton "picked apart the same Eagles defense that smothered the Men of Gold".

Thanks to anyone that saw the game/might know!

RuthlessBurgher
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM
I didn't see the game either, but I would assume that the answer would start with a "B" end in a "G" and there is probably a "LOCKIN" in there somewhere. Just a guess. :stirpot

Ozey74
09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
They have decent offensive coaches.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
The "blueprint" a team lays works both ways. As much as the beat'n the Eagles handed the Steelers there is alot of good that could come out of it for the Steelers O for the rest of the season. It also showed other teams what the Eagles could do. Information for preparation for both teams can be learned from that game film. The Bears prepared and it looks like they had some success against it.

That is why you always hear the phrase, "It is not how you start...But how you finish!" The teams that have stronger coaching come to the front toward the finish stretch. Adjustments & new schemes need to be created to continue success throughout the year. It's one of the reasons you see so many teams start fast and never sniff the playoffs. It is the NFL...16 games and the playoffs. 16 games of game film to prepare by. The teams that have coaches that continue to create new looks so the preparation for them becomes difficult will be successful. You can gurantee the Ravens looked at the Steelers/Eagles gamefilm. You could also gurantee the Steelers use the same gamefilm to prep this week for the Ravens, as well as the Ravens games this season and Steelers Ravens games from last year. The Steelers will see some of the same blitzing schemes the Eagles used against the Steelers in tonights game. It is just how the system works.

Oviedo
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Philly made more mistakes than they did against us. THat's why you can't look at that game we played and say it is who we are. We screwed up and Philly executed pretty much flawlessly.

Just like Dallas losing to the Redskins. Are the Redskins better? No, but on that day things went their way.

Jooser
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Some teams match up better than others. Then, you take the fact that the Eagles were on the road following a very physical, emotional game that they won at home. Let's face it, they really wanted that game against us. Furthermore, in retrospect, there is such a thing as having a bad game, which I think noone could argue against after our performance last week. I think there's no dominate team this year in the NFL (i.e. Dallas lost to the 'Skins last night; KC beat Denver) and we'll just wait and see how we rebound tonight against the Rats.

That's what I think....
-the Jooser

SteelTorch
09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I saw some of the game. First off, in my limited time watching, I distinctly remember seeing a dink pass to the tight end, a slant, and a screen. I think they even let their RB catch a few passes.

THAT'S why Arians will never be a good offensive coordinator. :wink:

Steely76
09-29-2008, 09:17 AM
B-L-O-C-K!

Starlifter
09-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Nov 28 2005. Indy 26-Steelers 6

Jan 15 2006, Steelers 21-Indy 18

Bad days and bad games are part of the deal. If you're playing in January ANYTHING can happen. Philly may well end up helping the steelers be a better team in time for the playoffs.

papillon
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
The Bears won and Kyle Orton was sacked 4 times, hurried and pressured in a similar fashion to Ben. They did hit a couple screens and some short passes, but, took their shots down field as well. Forte, while not having a great night, still carried the ball 19 times even though the run was basically ineffective. The Bears had 34 passes and 25 designed running plays (Orton scramble once) which is relatively balanced.

Yards were hard to come by and the Bears made enough plays to win the games. The Bear defense had 3 sacks and some hurries and pressures on McNabb. It was a well played game for the most part.

The Steelers just couldn't make plays on offense and the Bears did last night.

Pappy

SteelerOfDeVille
09-29-2008, 11:38 AM
win

Jom112
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
They were able to capitalize when the defense/ST gave them good field position. Here is the breakdown of their three TD drives:

3 plays 59 yards
2 plays 24 yards
9 plays 60 yards

None more than 60 yards.

Rocca had a fantastic game against you guys, which took away any great field position the defense tried to setup for you guys...