PDA

View Full Version : Signing OL on the bye week?

Discipline of Steel
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
With all four of our tackles and Kemo set to become free agents at the end of the year, would it be worthwhile to consider breaking from tradition and signing the pick of the litter to maintain some semblance of continuity? It might also be worth it to ante up to BMac before he prices himself out of reach with his stellar play. This is all taking into consideration that there is cap room and the players would agree.

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure who the "pick of the litter" would be at this point, but I absolutely agree with you on BMac... I'm not sure that the best direction wouldn't be to just "blow it up" and start over with the O-line.

Not that it would happen, because the Rooneys just don't "roll" that way. Unfortunately...

Jom112
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
With all four of our tackles and Kemo set to become free agents at the end of the year, would it be worthwhile to consider breaking from tradition and signing the pick of the litter to maintain some semblance of continuity? It might also be worth it to ante up to BMac before he prices himself out of reach with his stellar play. This is all taking into consideration that there is cap room and the players would agree.

Kemo should be the O-Linemen that you guys should sign long term. Although I don't think there should be any rush. If he proves he can stay healthy then sign him in the offseason. Plus I remember hearing that you guys don't have much cap space left for this season. Only $2 Million or something left...

Discipline of Steel
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree with both BMac and Kemo as the men to keep. But how do you replace four tackles in one offseason? Out of the four, I like Colon the best and think he is restricted this year. Maybe Smith sticks around to finish as a Steeler? Im not sure the market will be huge for him like for faneca. Prob get Essex back for a song...so that leaves FattMaxx hitting the road? and dont let the garage door hit you in the a__ on the way out

papillon
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Kemo should be the O-Linemen that you guys should sign long term. Although I don't think there should be any rush. If he proves he can stay healthy then sign him in the offseason. Plus I remember hearing that you guys don't have much cap space left for this season. Only $2 Million or something left...

We'll be gaining whatever Starks is taking up for this year. He won't be a Steelers next year. Mahan might be off the books as well next year plus the yearly increase, so, hopefully, we have some space to sign Bryant Mcfadden and Kemo. After that it's a crap shoot.

Pappy

birtikidis
09-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I say sign Kemo and BMac now
Target Oher in the draft.
wait till the end of the year to see if you can keep smith and essex.
as much as i like max, let him walk.
1st round take Oher
2nd round take DL
3rd round take OL
then go with BAP from there.

Ozey74
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't think our O-Lineman are as bad as the coaching. Jacksonville, for example, are very thin on the O-line and they haven't performed as nearly as poor as ours. Arians is an idiot and may be the root of our issues.

I just hope our last game was a hiccup. The 1st two games we played, our O-line looked good.

:tt2

Discipline of Steel
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure who the "pick of the litter" would be at this point, but I absolutely agree with you on BMac... I'm not sure that the best direction wouldn't be to just "blow it up" and start over with the O-line.

Not that it would happen, because the Rooneys just don't "roll" that way. Unfortunately...

I was hoping that they might have a change of heart in the extenuating circumstances. The bye week coming up would be a good time to get it in and minimize the distraction from the goal of winning.

SteelerNation1
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
BMac is going to sign a 6 or 7 year, 50+ million dollar deal...not with us in the offseason. He should have been resigned for Ike $ last offseason. Oh well. As far as Kemo goes, he'll sign a 30 million dollar deal, probably not with us either. :( We let two solid players go. Again.