PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Steelers' Polamalu says he's ready for Ravens

fordfixer
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Notebook: Steelers' Polamalu says he's ready for Ravens
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, September 27, 2008
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 90350.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_590350.html)

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu practiced for the second consecutive day Friday and pronounced himself ready for Monday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field. "It feels good," said Polamalu, who is recovering from a quadriceps injury suffered against Philadelphia. Polamalu leads the Steelers with three interceptions and has 15 tackles.

Cornerback Deshea Townsend also practiced for the second straight day at nickel back. Bryant McFadden is expected to start his third straight game in Townsend's place at left cornerback. "I was just praying for an opportunity and believing that once I got a shot, I was going to do some positive things," said McFadden, who has a fumble recovery, two interceptions, a team-high four passes defensed and 20 tackles. McFadden also tipped a pass against Philadelphia that led to a Polamalu interception. "The more positive things you do, the more comfortable you become and the more confident you are," McFadden said.

Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin), running back Willie Parker (knee) and defensive ends Brett Keisel (calf) are out for the Baltimore game. Linebacker Donovan Woods (hamstring) had limited participation at yesterday's practice and is doubtful.

For Baltimore, safety Dawan Landry (neck), defensive tackle Kelly Gregg (knee), cornerback Samari Rolle (shoulder) and quarterback Troy Smith (illness) are out. Wide receiver Yamon Figures (hamstring) and linebacker Nick Greisen (thigh) are questionable.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

BIG FAN
09-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Troy may just get his fouth pick in four games, if they dont have him playing linebacker style.