PDA

View Full Version : Did McCain need to hit a home run?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
... in the first debate, in his field of expertise (foreign policy)? Seems Obama didn't suffer in the comparison, which can't be good for McCain.

Shawn
09-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Obama got pwned.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Obama got pwned.

Nice summary!

I'm betting the independents who are going to determine the next president didn't think so. We'll see. Can't wait to hear Snow Job Square Glasses next week when she tries to put a few words together in a coherent sentence. Maybe we'll get to hear her say, "Thanks, but no thanks" again!

She may do better than McCain though when it comes to his next debate (the economy -"fundamentally sound").

Shawn
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Pwned.

stlrz d
09-27-2008, 07:43 AM
McCain supporters will say their guy won. Obama supporters will say their guy won.

It's the independents and undecideds who will ultimately decide who won.

As odd as this may seem, I think the VP debates will be more revealing.

frankthetank1
10-02-2008, 04:01 PM
skelator made obama look bad at times. thats pathetic. id rather have jesse the body for prez

Jom112
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
McCain supporters will say their guy won. Obama supporters will say their guy won.

:Agree

I thought the debate was fairly even, slight advantage to McCain. Neither got pwned though...

SteelStallion
10-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Did he need a knock out punch? I don't know, maybe. It was an underwhelming, overscripted debate and I expect the same next time. Peope are disgruntled with both parties so there's just no way to know how it's gonna go. I do know that everyone's furious about the bailout and economic conservatives (in both parties) are disappointed that McCain didn't oppose it maverick style. If he had, he'd be president already.

Shawn
10-09-2008, 12:35 AM

I thought the debate was fairly even, slight advantage to McCain. Neither got pwned though...

Pwned. :lol:

Honestly, I think the American people have lost their minds. First, I consider myself an independent but my views more align with Republican than Dem. I am more to the right than 99% of the Republicans on most issues. So, I am not a huge fan of a fiscal liberal like Bush. With that said, the economy was doing pretty well until a democratic congress took the reigns. Now, people are up in arms pointing fingers and screaming for change.

And in rides someone "new"...someone "different". This someone has promised to raise taxes. This someone has promised to expand government. Those are two sure fire ways of slowing an economy. I won't even get into his shadey affiliations that people are so prone to forget. Obama is one HUGE question mark. No experience...just some flashly lines and eager hand to write checks with our money. More big brother telling you how to live your life and demanding (by force if needed) more and more of your income.

With McCain...yea he won't bring change. He is more of the same liberal policy dressed in conservative clothing but I can rest knowing he is in office. More governmental gridlock assuring me that the government won't write any new laws into our lives. I love it when neither party can get anything done on most issues. It means they can't screw anything else up.

So, when the American people vote for "change" this Novemeber (and yes McCain needed to hit a grand slam) they will certainly get it. I have listened to Obama and his unsound fiscal, national and foreign policies. I have listened to how he plans on spending more of our money. I have listened to him want to give up ground our soilders have gained in Iraq. I have listened to a loser with big ideas of how he can run your life better than you can. Welp, strap in folks for at least 4 years of "change". Just remember the grass isn't always greener.

10-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Pwned. :lol:

Honestly, I think the American people have lost their minds. First, I consider myself an independent but my views more align with Republican than Dem. I am more to the right than 99% of the Republicans on most issues. So, I am not a huge fan of a fiscal liberal like Bush. With that said, the economy was doing pretty well until a democratic congress took the reigns. Now, people are up in arms pointing fingers and screaming for change.

And in rides someone "new"...someone "different". This someone has promised to raise taxes. This someone has promised to expand government. Those are two sure fire ways of slowing an economy. I won't even get into his shadey affiliations that people are so prone to forget. Obama is one HUGE question mark. No experience...just some flashly lines and eager hand to write checks with our money. More big brother telling you how to live your life and demanding (by force if needed) more and more of your income.

With McCain...yea he won't bring change. He is more of the same liberal policy dressed in conservative clothing but I can rest knowing he is in office. More governmental gridlock assuring me that the government won't write any new laws into our lives. I love it when neither party can get anything done on most issues. It means they can't screw anything else up.

So, when the American people vote for "change" this Novemeber (and yes McCain needed to hit a grand slam) they will certainly get it. I have listened to Obama and his unsound fiscal, national and foreign policies. I have listened to how he plans on spending more of our money. I have listened to him want to give up ground our soilders have gained in Iraq. I have listened to a loser with big ideas of how he can run your life better than you can. Welp, strap in folks for at least 4 years of "change". Just remember the grass isn't always greener.

$$$$$

I'm going to preface this by mentioning that I do not think very highly of McCain, and have been sick and tired of his constant bandwagon jumping to keep his name in the papers over the years.

However, it simply baffles me how people are getting behind a candidate like Obama who who talks so much, yet says so little. The last debate showed that he has absolutely no idea how to fix the economy, and historically, he very rarely has any ideas of his own; he simply piggybacks off someone else's ideas three days after the fact. I'm not going to repeat the thoughts you addressed SMG, but I agree with them wholeheartedly. There are so many red flags with Obama it's staggering.

My A.P. United States History teacher told me a long ago "If you get anything out of this class, just realize that generally speaking, the American people are very gullible, and are stupid when it comes to voting". That statement rings very true this year. IMO, Obama talks a whole lot of fluff, and is all style and no substance; in short, when he speaks, he talks to the lowest common dominator and basically assumes that we are all morons. McCain, on the other hand, has been speaking to people like they are smart enough to have common sense, and have the desire to actually research the positions and history of both candidates and how that may describe their future actions as Commander-in-Chief. Unfortunately, McCain doesn't understand that most people will simply believe whatever the pundits on TV tell them to, as they're seemingly unable to develop any ideas of their own, with the exception of who should be eliminated from "Dancing With the Stars", of course.

F*** both of these guys, you want real change? Vote for Ron Paul.

Ozey74
10-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I can't stand discussing politics. I'm going to the Steelers/Bengals game next week with my 2 brothers that I don't see often. One is a diehard democrat, the other is a hardcore republican. I can see them putting a real damper on the weekend once the discussion turns to politics. Once this happens, I will be making my way to the hotel bar alone.

My outlook on the whole political debate is this: I will not agree with everyone & I don't expect everyone to agree with me. Please don't lecture me on how I should vote & please don't act like the whole election will come down to how I vote.

:2c