PDA

View Full Version : Bengals’ Palmer questionable with elbow soreness

fordfixer
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
News
Bengals’ Palmer questionable with elbow soreness

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/26/bengals ... -soreness/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/26/bengals-palmer-questionable-with-elbow-soreness/)

The Bengals are off to a rough start this season at 0-3, but the news could get worse.

Quarterback Carson Palmer has been added to the injury report with soreness in his right elbow (throwing arm). He is questionable for Cincinnati’s matchup with the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

“Carson has told us he’s going to be ready to play, but he developed some carryover soreness from last week’s game,” said Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

Jom112
09-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Fitz will be starting. Palmer is offically out (Well #3 emergency QB for the game):

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7108

I think Fitz will do well. Hopefully lead us to a win. For all you guys with fantasy teams, pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick and start him against the Browns...

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Fitz will be starting. Palmer is offically out (Well #3 emergency QB for the game):

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7108

I think Fitz will do well. Hopefully lead us to a win. For all you guys with fantasy teams, pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick and start him against the Browns...

Yeah they just announced this on Sirius NFL Radio. I am starting the underwhelming Ocho Cinco in one of my fantasy leagues because Calvin Johnson is on a bye. I wonder if the Harvard kid will be able to slash through that awful Cleveland defense as if he were playing against Yale again.

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Boy, am I glad I decided to log-on here this morning... I had Palmer starting...

...Jom, I took your advice, so you better be right.

Ozey74
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
The average IQ for the Bengal starters just jumped through the roof! Unfortunately, the Bengals are still in the bottom 1/3rd of the NFL.

:bungalssuck

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Boy, am I glad I decided to log-on here this morning... I had Palmer starting...

Hey, you never know. The kid did okay in his very first NFL action:

Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns.

Jom112
09-28-2008, 12:21 PM

You can thank me after the game (hopefully).

Seriously though I think Fitz will throw/run for at least two TD's. With our O-Line being horrible, his ability to run will be key.

The only probably I've seen so far with Fitz is that he is a little too anxious to run. Sometimes he should hold the ball a little longer and wait for the play to develop but I can't really blame the guy since our O-Line the majority of the time gives only 3 seconds to throw the ball...

EDIT: Yeah, my bad Nky. On the plus side you would have gotten zero points if you started Carson...

Starlifter
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
tragic that we need to be concerned about the bungles. why is it when you want them losers to win - they still suck?? i'm not worried about cincy ever - they have no heart. I just want to read the papers in cleveland tomorrow when the pre-season favorites are 0-4.

experts my ass...................bwahahahahahahaha

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Jom, you Bengal bastard, I have half a notion to drive up to the windy city and kick butt and take names. I expected more from a collegiate brother... :evil: (just kidding :wink: )

... When I heard Carson was out, I dumped my back-up qb (who was on a bye) and picked-up Collins thinking Tenn would have a good day... But after your comments, which sounded reasonable, I turned around and dumped Collins for Fitzpatrick... It appears to be a very bad move... But it did sound good at the time... I guess it really doesn't matter because I'm still dwelling in the cellar of our league...

SteelTorch
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM

You can thank me after the game (hopefully).

Seriously though I think Fitz will throw/run for at least two TD's. With our O-Line being horrible, his ability to run will be key.

The only probably I've seen so far with Fitz is that he is a little too anxious to run. Sometimes he should hold the ball a little longer and wait for the play to develop but I can't really blame the guy since our O-Line the majority of the time gives only 3 seconds to throw the ball...

EDIT: Yeah, my bad Nky. On the plus side you would have gotten zero points if you started Carson...
So, 0-4 now. Wow, I know you guys were missing Palmer, but you guys are just looking terrible. Honestly, what happened? I honestly thought you guys would be doing better than this before the season started.

How are things looking in the smack forum lately? You know, if I were a meaner person, I'd head over there now and start a thread to kick you guys while you were down, if just to get back at the trolls. 8)

Jom112
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Jom, you Bengal bastard, I have half a notion to drive up to the windy city and kick butt and take names. I expected more from a collegiate brother... :evil: (just kidding :wink: )

... When I heard Carson was out, I dumped my back-up qb (who was on a bye) and picked-up Collins thinking Tenn would have a good day... But after your comments, which sounded reasonable, I turned around and dumped Collins for Fitzpatrick... It appears to be a very bad move... But it did sound good at the time... I guess it really doesn't matter because I'm still dwelling in the cellar of our league...

My apologies. Although I feel better knowing you started him over Kerry Collins. Although Tennessee did well, Collins didn't have any TD's. So points wise they would have been relatively close.

At least I'm not as bad as Matthew Barry. He said on ESPN to sit Larry Johnson against the Broncos because he thinks their D will finally step up...

So, 0-4 now. Wow, I know you guys were missing Palmer, but you guys are just looking terrible. Honestly, what happened? I honestly thought you guys would be doing better than this before the season started.

How are things looking in the smack forum lately? You know, if I were a meaner person, I'd head over there now and start a thread to kick you guys while you were down, if just to get back at the trolls. 8)

I think it's gotten so bad for the Bengals that no one is really smacking anymore. All the fun is taken out when Bengals fans agree with all the smack the other fans are dishing out...

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM

Torch, no one is laughing more than I am... I am, afterall, your Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher... :twisted:

...But Jom, in my opinion, is a serious quality poster. On multiple boards. He is along the lines of Raven Rick and SeaOracle that does a quality job. (if you remember them from the other board...) Now, I will voluntarily admit that Jom and I went to the same college, but that really doesn't influence my opinion of his posts... Not that any of this matters, but I just wanted to add it... This board allows anyone to post, but on the Bungle board I cannot post in certain forums (nor anyone rooting for another team). The management here is a bit more liberal than "Joe from Flo", and I think it is a good thing... We all have issues with trolls, because by definition, a troll stirs-up trouble and annimosity... I do not think this individual does that to any measurable extent.... Just my opinion, not that it matters a whole bunch... :wink:

Jom112
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM

Torch, no one is laughing more than I am... I am, afterall, your Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher... :twisted:

...But Jom, in my opinion, is a serious quality poster. On multiple boards. He is along the lines of Raven Rick and SeaOracle that does a quality job. (if you remember them from the other board...) Now, I will voluntarily admit that Jom and I went to the same college, but that really doesn't influence my opinion of his posts... Not that any of this matters, but I just wanted to add it... This board allows anyone to post, but on the Bungle board I cannot post in certain forums (nor anyone rooting for another team). The management here is a bit more liberal than "Joe from Flo", and I think it is a good thing... We all have issues with trolls, because by definition, a troll stirs-up trouble and annimosity... I do not think this individual does that to any measurable extent.... Just my opinion, not that it matters a whole bunch... :wink:

They limit people from posting in one section the "Jungle Noise" section. I don't really agree with it, but it is what it is. The good thing is that a lot of members visit the Smack Talk Forum, so if you want to laugh at my team go ahead and do it there.

As for the quality posting, I appreciate the comments but I think my quality has gone down due to watching the Bengals all season. I have no clue what good football is anymore...

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
As for the quality posting, I appreciate the comments but I think my quality has gone down due to watching the Bengals all season. I have no clue what good football is anymore...

"Embrace the dark side, Luke..."

...You could always throw away those hideous halloween colors and root for the "good guys". ... :wink:

Jom112
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM

...You could always throw away those hideous halloween colors and root for the "good guys". ... :wink:

No dice.

If I can stick with the team during the Shula era, then I think I can make it through this one. My liver on the other hand...

RuthlessBurgher
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM

No dice.

If I can stick with the team during the Shula era, then I think I can make it through this one. My liver on the other hand...

If you won't voluntarily choose the black and gold, your liver will do it for you. All that drinking will rot your liver, making it black, and then you will develop jaundice, giving your skin a nice golden tone. Black and gold. So there. :P

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
If you won't voluntarily choose the black and gold, your liver will do it for you. All that drinking will rot your liver, making it black, and then you will develop jaundice, giving your skin a nice golden tone. Black and gold. So there. :P

Man, you are good!............. Hats' off!......... :Clap :lol:

... I guess all the crap that Arians is doing, and driving me to drink because of it (and the potential effects) is a good thing, then... Or at least probably copyrighted and taxed by the Steelers organization and the NFL.... I'll let them bill my HMO.... :lol:

papillon
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
JOM's a good egg and I enjoy giving him the business. Just wish he would search his feelings, he know's it to be true that the Steelers are his daddy! :moon :tt2

come to the dark side and together we can rule the NFL!

Pappy

SteelTorch
09-28-2008, 08:37 PM

I never said JOM was a troll. He's a quality poster in my opinion and knows his sh**t. But as you probably know there are plenty of tools, trolls, and whiners who more than weigh down the more intelligent members. :roll:

That I guess is why I'm holding back. If all the Bengals posters were like BrutisBuckeye, firstandgoal, sloppylombardislaps, TrinaAnn, Who2dey, and "Ill Will da black son", I'd have no problem kicking them while they were down. :twisted:

That said, I did happen to glance at their smack forum, and the first thing I noticed was that Ghostwriter is still as big a pompous, self-righteous, John Madden-esque rambler as ever. 8)

NKySteeler
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
TrinaAnn is a bitch.....

SteelTorch
09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
TrinaAnn is a bitch.....
You know what I love about her? She always plays the sex card. She'll act like such a witch if you're a Steelers fan, but the moment you make fun of her, she goes, "OH my gawd, you can't pick on a guurrrl!" It never fails; it's like clockwork. 8)

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Over on the ESPN Bungals board, more than a few people are clamoring for Cowher to coach the team. Sorry guys, that ain't happening. Gotta love when fans like that who made of our ol' Bill all these years now suddenly want him once their team is down for the count. :D