PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall Talks Trash

phillyesq
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Per PFT:

MENDENHALL TALKS TRASH IN TEXT
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 26, 2008, 2:24 p.m.

Steelers rookie running back Rashard Mendenhall and Ravens rookie running back Ray Rice are friends. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Mendenhall engaged in some good-natured boasting to Rice about the kind of game he thinks he’s going to have on Monday night when the Steelers play the Ravens.

It should also come as no surprise that Rice passed along the boasting to his defensive teammates, who weren’t amused.

Mendenhall told Rice via text message that he’s going to have a big game. Rice passed that message along to linebacker Bart Scott, a man not known for brushing off perceived slights.

“He said later that he was just joking, but it’s too late,” Scott said. “Thanks for the bulletin-board material, rookie.”

Mendenhall, who has 10 carries for 28 yards in limited action this season, will start in place of the injured Willie Parker. Rice has 27 carries for 85 yards so far this season.

That something this dumb is newsworthy is kind of shocking. Two friends trash talking each other via text shouldn't really be news, but apparently Bart Scott has nothing else going on in his life. I really hope that Kemo flattens Scott at some point in the game -- he is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players in the NFL.

NKySteeler
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
That something this dumb is newsworthy is kind of shocking.

It's a slow Friday... Not much "newsworthy" material.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
It's not newsworthy. It's PFT. All they've been good for is league-wide rumor-mongering and such. They aren't exactly Pulitzer prize winning journalists over there.

Ozey74
09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Good for Mendenhall!!

:ratsuck

If the Ravens weren't pumped for the Monday night game before this came out then shame on them!

rpmpit
09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
It its true, its kinda dooshy on Rice's part to pass on what was said between the two of them.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
It its true, its kinda dooshy on Rice's part to pass on what was said between the two of them.

Since being a big ol' bag o' douche is an essential aspect of being a Baltimore Raven, it looks like Rice passed the douchebaggery requirement of his rookie initiation with flying colors!

rpmpit
09-26-2008, 03:27 PM

Since being a big ol' bag o' douche is an essential aspect of being a Baltimore Raven, it looks like Rice passed the douchebaggery requirement of his rookie initiation with flying colors!

Damn it!! I just missed an opportunity to use douchebaggery in a post :x

Well said, RB. Well said :Bow

Snatch98
09-26-2008, 03:35 PM
It's not newsworthy. It's PFT. All they've been good for is league-wide rumor-mongering and such. They aren't exactly Pulitzer prize winning journalists over there.

It's also being reported by ESPN so while i agree with you on the PFT comment, other outlets are reporting it as well. It's definitely slow news wise.

I think Mendenhall surprises us all.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2008, 03:38 PM

If there is one thing that I have learned in over 1500 posts on here, it is that you have to take advantage of every possible opportunity to utilize the "douchebaggery" portion of your lexicon. :lol:

Shawn
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I would find it especially satisfying if Mendenhall talked trash and ran for 150 yards 2tds. That would give me great joy.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I would find it especially satisfying if Mendenhall talked trash and ran for 150 yards 2tds. That would give me great joy.

Or 120 rushing yards, 30 receiving yards, and 2 TD's. That would work too. :P

LasVegasGuy
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM

If there is one thing that I have learned in over 1500 posts on here, it is that you have to take advantage of every possible opportunity to utilize the "douchebaggery" portion of your lexicon. :lol:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/Lasvegasguy12/theory-of-internet-douchebaggery.jpg

NKySteeler
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/Lasvegasguy12/theory-of-internet-douchebaggery.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4417/applausese8.gif

MeetJoeGreene
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
$$

That was what I was thinking.

LasVegasGuy
09-26-2008, 06:20 PM
$$

That was what I was thinking.

Isn't it "Bro's before Convicts" or something to that effect.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2008, 08:05 PM

This formula is flawed. You are assuming the people on this board started out normal. WAAAAY off, brother. :lol:

VirgilBosett
09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Scott is such a wus. Gets his ass kicked on the field, then spouts off, about Ward, off it.....now he's talking trash about needing bulleten board material.

Wasn't he supposed to be all fired up over Ward?.....still?

:loser