PDA

View Full Version : Am I in a dream world?

SteelerNation1
09-24-2008, 12:17 AM
I have been venturing to all of the Steeler message boards, etc, and all I've read is, "we're screwed, we're terrible, we won't win another game, BEn sucks, the line is terrible, our WRs are the worst in football, all the coaches need to be fired..." I can't take it anymore. Everyone needs to calm the hell down. It was one game, in WEEK 3, on the road! Did we look bad? Heck yeah. Will we be ready to play in 6 days against a rookie D1AA QB? I would like to think so. I can't believe everyone is ready to pack it in. Screw that. I''l be at that MNF screaming my face off, and I hope there are 64,999 other Steeler fans with me. The season is not over. We are not a bad team. We will bounce back. Ben and the offense will step up this week. Good night. *Rant off*
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

sd steel
09-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I have been venturing to all of the Steeler message boards, etc, and all I've read is, "we're screwed, we're terrible, we won't win another game, BEn sucks, the line is terrible, our WRs are the worst in football, all the coaches need to be fired..." I can't take it anymore. Everyone needs to calm the hell down. It was one game, in WEEK 3, on the road! Did we look bad? Heck yeah. Will we be ready to play in 6 days against a rookie D1AA QB? I would like to think so. I can't believe everyone is ready to pack it in. Screw that. I''l be at that MNF screaming my face off, and I hope there are 64,999 other Steeler fans with me. The season is not over. We are not a bad team. We will bounce back. Ben and the offense will step up this week. Good night. *Rant off*
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

I agree!! Monday can't get here soon enough! (I don't say that very often).

AkronSteel
09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
It took me a day to get over it, but when I got home Monday night I was ready to move on. The team performed badly on Sunday and I didn't like it but it's not like any of us thought we were going to go 19-0. The Eagles get paid too, and even though we don't want to admit it they are a contender in the NFC. Plus when was the last time the Steelers won in Philly? Wasn't the Civil War going on? I can't wait till Monday so the Steelers can show the rest of the NFL that last week was an anomoly. I fully expect the Steelers to take hold of the division this week and never look back. The rest of the divisional teams are not in the same class with the Steelers.

Plus it's Ravens week, it's time to start talking some trash about Ray Ray, and the rest of those losers from the Worst City in the USA.

:ratsuck

AngryAsian
09-24-2008, 03:31 AM
I'm over it. Do we have some issues to take care of this off-season. Absofugginlutely... but this season is here and now and we've all waited too painfully long for it to get here.... for what? To cry about one game where our team played sub-par? Enjoy it while it lasts. We will bounce back and there's no way this team gets own at home on a National stage. Can't wait until Monday!

rpmpit
09-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Well said, SN1!!

I'm psyched about Monday night and seeing what Mendenhall can bring. We will bounce back and reestablish ourselves as a legitimate contender. No doubt!!

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I always say after a game like this that any team can be beaten, and beaten soundly. The true test of a team is how ther react to it. Monday's game is a lot more important than the game we just saw. If they can come out and handle the Ravens then I will put week 3 behind me. If they struggle and repeat the same mistakes, provide the same lack of protection etc, then the problems are compounded.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I always say after a game like this that any team can be beaten, and beaten soundly. The true test of a team is how ther react to it. Monday's game is a lot more important than the game we just saw. If they can come out and handle the Ravens then I will put week 3 behind me. If they struggle and repeat the same mistakes, provide the same lack of protection etc, then the problems are compounded.

proudpittsburgher
09-24-2008, 09:38 AM
The doom & gloomers always pizz me off. I consider them people whom I would never want to watch a game with, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to lower themselves to watch a game with me, and thats OK. Always rash with judgement, mostly because they know better than the people in charge. The only saving grace is they are usually quiet when the team wins, luckily for us and for the Steelers, that has been more times than not over the past decade or so. However, after a single loss, they are back in full force with the "I have been saying . . ." "We need to make a change . . ." what a bunch of horsedfjkg.Everyone has a right to their opinion, but these guys never seem to acknowlege that someone outside of themselves can ever be right.

Oviedo
09-24-2008, 09:52 AM
It will be whatever it will be. Message board experts have no control over the outcome. We all want a positive outcome, but all the b*tching and whining in the world won't change a thing. That's the thing about being a fan--we have zero control even though we may like to believe we do.

Like I always say. The NFL season is like a roller coaster. All you can do is strap in a enjoy the ride because you have zero control. The only decision you get is to get on or not get on. I'm on this one for better or worse :D

SteelerNation1
09-24-2008, 09:52 AM
The doom & gloomers always pizz me off. I consider them people whom I would never want to watch a game with, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to lower themselves to watch a game with me, and thats OK. Always rash with judgement, mostly because they know better than the people in charge. The only saving grace is they are usually quiet when the team wins, luckily for us and for the Steelers, that has been more times than not over the past decade or so. However, after a single loss, they are back in full force with the "I have been saying . . ." "We need to make a change . . ." what a bunch of horsedfjkg.Everyone has a right to their opinion, but these guys never seem to acknowlege that someone outside of themselves can ever be right.
:Agree

SteelerNation1
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
We all want a positive outcome
After reading the triblive MB yesterday, I think I disagree with that

Oviedo
09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
We all want a positive outcome
After reading the triblive MB yesterday, I think I disagree with that

That is why I don't post there anymore. There are some who don't want a positive outcome because their greatest hope in life is something they predicted would go wrong actually does and they get to pound their chests and tell everyone how smart they are. I have little use for people that are that insecure and need that much personal validation. Getting something of value in their miserable lives not tied to a game played by millionaires who wouldn't give them the time of day would be start.

Jooser
09-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm nowhere near throwing in the towel yet. The season's way too young for that. I do, however, reserve the right to bitch when we play like we did last Sunday. Let's go, beat those Ratbirds!!!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2272/wingedratjd7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

F L| C K the Felons!

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7376/932290015moz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SteelerNation1
09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm nowhere near throwing in the towel yet. The season's way too young for that. I do, however, reserve the right to bitch when we play like we did last Sunday. Let's go, beat those Ratbirds!!!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2272/wingedratjd7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

F L| C K the Felons!

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7376/932290015moz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Joos,
I'm not saying don't b!tch. Believe me, I was b!tching up a storm on Sunday night. I just can't believe I was reading that the Raturds are going to pound us, and blah, blah, blah. It gets a little ridiculous.

papillon
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I count myself as one of those that believes things have to change drastically between now and Monday night. There's a thread that I was involved in over at the Trib started by Schillah that had a clip of the safety and the discussion that ensued. Take a look at the clip and see what you think, follow some of the discussion between JPN, Virgil, myself and a few others.

If there is more of this type of play from the o-line, Rbs and Ben it will be a long night for Ben, well, actually, it will be a short night, because he won't be back in the game after the concussion he sustains. The play had 7 Steelers trying to block 4 Eagles, the right side of Eagles defense runs a little stunt and the left side just speed rushes, nothing fancy, but Ben is flushed within 1.5 seconds and then the safety, it's rather sickening.

Colon is beat immediately with a speed rush, Kemo and Smith are beat doubleteaming the RDE, Heath Miller steps in front of Ben and blocks nobody, same for Mewelde Moore, Ben drops abut 6 yards deep, lets the play clock run down to 2 seconds and fails to throw the ball into the cheap seats at his first opportunity. One great big cluster f*** and if it isn't corrected, you can hope for positive outcomes, but, they will not be forthcoming.

Pappy

Jigawatts
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
It's not all doom and gloom with me. Just venting some frustration. Everyone in the
world knew the o-line was concern, and when the Eagles started exploiting it, nothing
was done to counter the blitz. I just don't understand why there were no adjustments
made and it's frustrating to watch Ben take that kind of unnecessary pounding.

BIG FAN
09-24-2008, 03:49 PM
To lose like we did in Philly last week certainly does look abysmal.
However badly we looked, all of us know we are better than that, and sometimes these kind of games serve as that proverbial gut check.
The rat turds game will be a great opportunity to see some stepping up by everyone.
I for am amped for MNF too.
In two games these guys have ran it 45 times! The Steelers and everyone else knows why. :twisted:

NKySteeler
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I just don't understand why there were no adjustments
made

I would go off on another multi-paragraph rant about Arians as in other threads, but I won't beat the dead horse anymore...
:evil: ..... :lol: ..... :evil:

Lets' see if playing Baltimore can "cure a few ills", at least temporarily....