PDA

View Full Version : You're lucky to not be a Chiefs fan....

Hardliner
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I saw a little of that Steel game this past Sunday. I was so disgusted with the Chiefs' ineptness against the Falcons, that I tuned away at halftime, didn't return, and watched the Eagles/Steeler game. That was a tough loss for sure but I'm betting the Steel will bounce back to previous form this coming Sunday.

For the Chiefs? Bouncing back for this sad bunch might take another two seasons, minimum. What do you do when your LBs can't tackle, your ROT is breaking out his next career as a matador, your QBs are a musical caroussel of incompetence and your coaching staff can't make adjustments on failed gameplans?

So, as tough as it was to see all those Eagle sacks against Big Ben, it could have been worse. You could have been watching the Chiefs play. In fact, make that A LOT worse.

Jigawatts
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
your coaching staff can't make adjustments

Unfortunately, that is our biggest problem.

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Or that matador thing. :HeadBanger

Jigawatts
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Or that matador thing. :HeadBanger

There's some sort of chicken or the egg philosophy here, but would they look so
bad if adjustments were made?

LouSteel
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
There's some sort of chicken or the egg philosophy here, but would they look so bad if adjustments were made?

I don't think so. Quick slants, screens... these things would make our offensive line look good.

I think we have a handful of problems on this team... our offensive line is weak, our running game can struggle against strong DLs, and our OC cannot gameplan or adjust. We have just enough problems... good teams can exploit us.

I think getting a better OC would improve this team dramatically. He doesn't have to install a new playbook... just understand that running up the gut into the blitzing D isn't going to work, no matter how many times we try it.

Jigawatts
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
There's some sort of chicken or the egg philosophy here, but would they look so bad if adjustments were made?

I don't think so. Quick slants, screens... these things would make our offensive line look good.

I think we have a handful of problems on this team... our offensive line is weak, our running game can struggle against strong DLs, and our OC cannot gameplan or adjust. We have just enough problems... good teams can exploit us.

I think getting a better OC would improve this team dramatically. He doesn't have to install a new playbook... just understand that running up the gut into the blitzing D isn't going to work, no matter how many times we try it.

:Agree

While I don't see replacing Bruce Arians in the middle of the season is the answer,
I wish the guy wasn't so stubborn. When something isn't working, why is it so hard
to adjust? Maybe beat the blitz with a screen or two and make the defense think.

BIG FAN
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I saw a little of that Steel game this past Sunday. I was so disgusted with the Chiefs' ineptness against the Falcons, that I tuned away at halftime, didn't return, and watched the Eagles/Steeler game. That was a tough loss for sure but I'm betting the Steel will bounce back to previous form this coming Sunday.

For the Chiefs? Bouncing back for this sad bunch might take another two seasons, minimum. What do you do when your LBs can't tackle, your ROT is breaking out his next career as a matador, your QBs are a musical caroussel of incompetence and your coaching staff can't make adjustments on failed gameplans?

So, as tough as it was to see all those Eagle sacks against Big Ben, it could have been worse. You could have been watching the Chiefs play. In fact, make that A LOT worse.

Our o-line looked kinda like when you kick an anthill and all the ants come scrambling out in all different directions, with no sense of order too many times. I feel for you though, there is enough there in K.C. to attempt to put together a decent team. As you say things can get a lot worse.