View Full Version : Injuries - Tomlin's PC

JAR
09-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Parker out this week, sprained knee.
Hampton out this week, groin
Of course Keisel is out too

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
:wft I must have been totally stoic and disinterested during the game, because I totally didn't know Parker was hurt.

JAR
09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
:wft I must have been totally stoic and disinterested during the game, because I totally didn't know Parker was hurt.

That's why Mendy came in late in the game. Mendy will start Mon. night

SteelerNation1
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM

That's why Mendy came in late in the game. Mendy will start Mon. night
I was just telling my buddy, I think Mendy matches up well vs. The Ravens D. I wish Willie was playing, but getting a loooonnnngggg look at Mendy might not be a bad thing.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Wonder if it's the knee.

SteelerNation1
09-23-2008, 12:19 PM

Wonder if it's the knee.
San An,
Willie broke his fibula last Dec, he didn't tear up his knee.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Hopefully Mendy can hang on to the football, because he has shown a lot of promise with everythign else he brings to the table. Of course, none of it matters if he leaves the ball on the carpet.

SteelerNation1
09-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Hopefully Mendy can hang on to the football, because he has shown a lot of promise with everythign else he brings to the table. Of course, none of it matters if he leaves the ball on the carpet.
True dat. I have a good feeling that he will have a nice game. With all of the other rookie RBs who are having good seasons (McFadden, Forte, Jones, Stewart), Mendy has to be ready to take advantage of his chance.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Wonder if it's the knee.
San An,
Willie broke his fibula last Dec, he didn't tear up his knee.

Thanks, SN1 ! What I should have said was gotta wonder if all that affected the knee - atrophy initially, maybe favoring later it during rehab, etc.).

Djfan
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Mendy needs time on the field. This is a good thing.

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh sh*t!

Mendy needs time, but damn. Our whole team was beaten to hell...and Ben? He's only got 15 different injuries.

Ghost
09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Not to be negative but what in the wide, wide, world of sports gives anyone any indication that Mendenhall will have a good game behind that line? Walter Peyton wouldn't have run for 50 yards against the Eagles.

Oviedo
09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I woinder if Russell gets resigned this week???

NKySteeler
09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Who knows, this could be Mendys' chance.... A few folks predicted that Mendy would be starting by mid-season. Just not for this reason.

...I'm looking forward to seeing just what he can do as the lead rusher in this offensive unit.

NKySteeler
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Not to be negative but what in the wide, wide, world of sports gives anyone any indication that Mendenhall will have a good game behind that line?

... I look at it this way... "It sure couldn't get too much worse than last Sunday".

Jom112
09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I was just telling my buddy, I think Mendy matches up well vs. The Ravens D. I wish Willie was playing, but getting a loooonnnngggg look at Mendy might not be a bad thing.

Parker I don't think ever had any success against the Ravens D, so seeing what Mendy can do could be a good thing for you guys...

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Will they still have Rocket Rashard returning kickoffs if he is the starting RB? If not, who gets that duty?

papillon
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Mendenhall shouldn't get a carry until Ben is being protected appropriately. That is, his only purpose on the first two series of downs should as blitz pickup without a carry. Throw the ball every down and see what we have. The Ravens are going to be looking to put some hits on Ben after last year's blood bath.

This one is going to be physical and Ben wouldn't go anywhere without Mendenhall until the O-line proves they can block the Ravens pass rush.

I was tired of listening to Rick drone on like a broken record about the O-line, but, after this past weekend, it's hard not give him kudos. He has been adamant about the O-line all along and even through the first two weeks that were successful for the Steelers. We'll know how the rest of the year will unfold after Monday night.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 01:38 PM
The first time Roethlisberger was inserted as the #1 QB was in a game against the Ravens because of injury.

The first time Mendenhall will be inserted as the #1 RB is in a game against the Ravens because of injury.

Some smart-@$$ reporter should ask Chris Kemoeatu if he is excited about blocking for a rookie. :P

papillon
09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
The first time Roethlisberger was inserted as the #1 QB was in a game against the Ravens because of injury.

The first time Mendenhall will be inserted as the #1 RB is in a game against the Ravens because of injury.

Some smart-@$$ reporter should ask Chris Kemoeatu if he is excited about blocking for a rookie. :P

That's funny right there and I don't care who ya are! :P

Pappy

SteelerNation1
09-23-2008, 01:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghost
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
A big bruising back wasn't always the answer against the Ravens -

Jerome Bettis against Baltimore since 2000

2000 - 73 yards 2.7 YPC
2001 - 91 yards 4.0 YPC
2002 - No stats against Baltimore
2003 - 68 yards 2.5 YPC
2004 - 117 yards 4.3 YPC
2005 - 22 yards 2.2 YPC

stlrz d
09-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Mendenhall shouldn't get a carry until Ben is being protected appropriately. That is, his only purpose on the first two series of downs should as blitz pickup without a carry. Throw the ball every down and see what we have. The Ravens are going to be looking to put some hits on Ben after last year's blood bath.

This one is going to be physical and Ben wouldn't go anywhere without Mendenhall until the O-line proves they can block the Ravens pass rush.

I was tired of listening to Rick drone on like a broken record about the O-line, but, after this past weekend, it's hard not give him kudos. He has been adamant about the O-line all along and even through the first two weeks that were successful for the Steelers. We'll know how the rest of the year will unfold after Monday night.

Pappy

We all realized there were issues with the line, but to have someone go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...well, you get the idea. :)

ikestops85
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
A big bruising back wasn't always the answer against the Ravens -

Jerome Bettis against Baltimore since 2000

2000 - 73 yards 2.7 YPC
2001 - 91 yards 4.0 YPC
2002 - No stats against Baltimore
2003 - 68 yards 2.5 YPC
2004 - 117 yards 4.3 YPC
2005 - 22 yards 2.2 YPC

Well then it's good Mendy isn't a big bruising back. :lol:

Jooser
09-23-2008, 03:42 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO, I forgot about that AF comment. That's classic. :Clap

Let's see what the rook can do. While we're at it, might as well dress Sweed since our other receivers can't seem to catch anyway. :wink: