PDA

View Full Version : Why not make some changes on PS?

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
We have some useless guys on the practice squad. Why not make some changes?

Add guys like Brian Daniels from the Vikings PS? Younger and DIFFERENT than what we have.

Cliff Louis?
Na'Shan Goddard?
Jacob Bender?
Geoff Schwartz?
Michael Toudouze?
Tala Esera?
Julius Wilson?

Seriously I would pick up:
Geoff Schwartz OL
Alfred Malone DE
and Brian Daniels OL

Cut:
Vincent
Paxson
Parquet

Cut McHugh since we will never use him--like I said originally when we signed him--because we dont even use Big S.

Put Schwartz or Malone on the regular team.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Ben, I really think you need to go out and buy a copy of

http://o.aolcdn.com/gd-media/games/nfl-head-coach-09/xbox-360/14.jpg

SteelerNation1
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
This would be a great time to sign Red Bryant off of whoever's PS he is on. We are getting dangerously thin on the DL.

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Ok. I'd really like to know why you dont think its a good idea to sign some other players. Paxson, Parquet, and Vincent are meaningless on our PS. We are think at DL now and our OL sucks. What the hell is wrong with looking at some external options on other team's practice squads?!

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 12:42 PM

Ok. I'd really like to know why you dont think its a good idea to sign some other players. Paxson, Parquet, and Vincent are meaningless on our PS. We are think at DL now and our OL sucks. What the hell is wrong with looking at some external options on other team's practice squads?!

Because Ben, every thread from you is looking at replacing this guy, firing this coach, moving this guy around, I told you all this, F . . .it gets old.

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Because Ben, every thread from you is looking at replacing this guy, firing this coach, moving this guy around, I told you all this, F . . .it gets old.

First of all, every thread I start or discuss in does not have to do with the above so you are completely wrong about that. Second of all, in case you didn't realize some of the injuries we have had with Keisel and Hampton going down why would we not pick up someone? Since the people on OUR practice squad suck?

ikestops85
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
This would be a great time to sign Red Bryant off of whoever's PS he is on. We are getting dangerously thin on the DL.

We can't sign Red Bryant ... he's on the Seahawks roster.

BigBen2112, we can't sign someone off another teams PS to our PS if that was what you were suggesting. You can only sign them and put them on the roster. Also, McHugh was used on quite a few plays against Philly.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 01:20 PM

First of all, every thread I start or discuss in does not have to do with the above so you are completely wrong about that. Second of all, in case you didn't realize some of the injuries we have had with Keisel and Hampton going down why would we not pick up someone? Since the people on OUR practice squad suck?

It's a generalization, Ben. Of course I didn't mean every single thread you post in. :roll: And you, telling another poster that their opinion is completely wrong. Ha, who woulda thunk it?

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM

It's a generalization, Ben. Of course I didn't mean every single thread you post in. :roll: And you, telling another poster that their opinion is completely wrong. Ha, who woulda thunk it?

I did not say your opinion was wrong. I said that IF you were saying that in every thread I only do what you said then you were wrong.

But w/e.

costanza2k1
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Agreed it gets very old.

http://theroosterstrikes.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

BigBen2112
09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
ok

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Don't worry bb2112, we all have our own warped ways of dealing with this cr*p. I notice they did make some PS changes, signed Russell!

MeetJoeGreene
09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can sign someone from someone else's PS to ours. You have to sign them to our active squad - for 3 games I believe.

The time to have done this was after the final round of cuts, as the various PS around the league were being formed. And we really don't know who the FO TRIED to sign versus who we ended up signing.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can sign someone from someone else's PS to ours. You have to sign them to our active squad - for 3 games I believe.
Not sure of the number of games, but, you do have to sign them to the active squad