PDA

View Full Version : Who's at fault...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I break down the sacks accordingly:

OFF Line: gave up 4 sacks

COACHING: 3 SACKS

BEN : 2 SACKS

I hope this doesn't become a trend--That was embarrassing!!!!

fordfixer
09-23-2008, 12:44 AM
I break down the sacks accordingly:

OFF Line: gave up 4 sacks

COACHING: 3 SACKS

BEN : 2 SACKS

I hope this doesn't become a trend--That was embarrassing!!!!

Nope it,s my fault I forgot to wear my jersey yesterday :oops: :HeadBanger

Oviedo
09-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Here's a radical notion--the Eagles are just a really good team.

No ones fault we just ran into a team playing very, very well.

SteelTorch
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Sorry, but this time, everyone on the offense was at fault, including Ben and the coaches.

And I honestly couldn't care if they were the 85 Bears defense - giving up 9 sacks to any team is terrible, irresponsible, and inexcusable. Are we going to say that every time we perform like this?

I for one don't. I want us to be the best. I want us to handle even the best defenses in this league. Making excuses such as "well they're a great team" is a trap. I want us to be that "great team."

ikestops85
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Those players on the field in steeler jerseys didn't by any chance stay at a Holiday Inn Express on Saturday night did they?? :D

Jom112
09-23-2008, 04:19 PM

It's not going to get any easier going up against the Ravens D. Luckily for you guys it comes along with the Ravens O...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-24-2008, 09:10 AM

While I agree that sometimes fans forget that there is another team on the other side of the field trying to win too, that doesn't cut it for that performance. I am not so upset about the fact that they got stuffed on the plays they were running. I was more upset that it seemed like they tried running the same things over and over and continued to fail at it.

Where is the innovation? Where were the solutions? If we kept trying different things, and kept getting stopped every time, then I would say that we got whipped by a much better team. Instead, I believe that we were outcoached because we did nothing to counter what they were doing.

This was a four point game giong into the fourth Q. Was there no way to get our pro bowl speed back a little more space outside? Was there not a way to give Ben an extra 2 seconds to find an open Heath Miller in the middle of the field for a 10 yard gain? A slant to Ward? A screen to Mendenhall? An extra pass protector so that maybe Ben doesn't have to cough it up twice while being sacked?

Instead, what did we see? We saw two plays over and over. Ben under center takes the snap and drops back. Before he sets himself one or two of the seven pass rushers is all over him. The other play was Willie trying to pound the line. 13 rushes for 20 yards. How many of those 13 runs were sweeps, counters, pitches?