PDA

View Full Version : total rumor.....but have to share.

Starlifter
09-22-2008, 11:18 PM
just heard from a buddy in cleveland. radios are reporting that cowher bought a house there. I have no confirmation and I suspect it's total crap - but i'm wondering if anyone else has sources that can confirm or deny the story. God i actually want the stains to beat cincy so romeo keeps his job. I could not care less if marvin gets fired - what a putz he turned out to be.....

AkronSteel
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM
just heard from a buddy in cleveland. radios are reporting that cowher bought a house there. I have no confirmation and I suspect it's total crap - but i'm wondering if anyone else has sources that can confirm or deny the story. God i actually want the stains to beat cincy so romeo keeps his job. I could not care less if marvin gets fired - what a putz he turned out to be.....

No way!!! I live in the area and listen to the sports talk radio and primetime news everyday and I've heard nothing of it. If it were true, the Cleveland media would have been all over that. There is no truth to this rumor as far as I can tell.

:2c

Starlifter
09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
sweet. thanks bud!!!

Shawn
09-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Cleveland can dream...but it won't happen. Cowher is a HoF coach...why mess with that by coaching the Steeler rivals? That would make him no better than a gun for hire.

papillon
09-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Cleveland may give him about 10 million reason to become a gun for hire.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
I certainly don't buy into the rumor, but I stated a long time ago that Cleveland was a fit for BC. A couple of things pointed me in that direction.

1. He does have a tie to that area, albeit a small one.
2. They re-upped their RC to only a one-year deal when Cowher didn't come out of retirement last season. What sense does it make to bring in another lame-duck coach when you intend to offer the job to BC when he reenters the coaching ranks?
3. Really, if he takes over and they don't improve (how likely is that?) he really doesn't lose a lot of credibility. Hell, the coaching genius Belechick gets a pass from his years there. But, if they do win a division title or two, it only adds to his HOF resume. I certainly don't think a bad stint in Cleveland keeps him out of the HOF.
4. I think we fans put a lot more into these rivalries than the coaches and players do, except for Joey Porter. :)
5. Well, you don't think they would throw the kitchen sink at BC?

Like I said, I don't buy into the rumor, but I didn't buy into the rumor with him buying a house in NC, and look what happened. I just see this as a real possibility, unless the Panthers job opens up, and I don't see that happening.

NorthCoast
09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Actually it was broadcast on WNIR last week if you listened.

However, did a little searching on the clerk-of-courts site and found registration to one "James Cowher", so unless Bill bought something using his brother's name, it seems it is the wrong Cowher. Did make for a good story though.

AkronSteel
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Actually it was broadcast on WNIR last week if you listened.

However, did a little searching on the clerk-of-courts site and found registration to one "James Cowher", so unless Bill bought something using his brother's name, it seems it is the wrong Cowher. Did make for a good story though.

Well since it wasn't mentioned on WKNR I figured that there probably wasn't any truth to it. If it would have been Bill Cowher then you know that the local hacks around here would have been all over it. I guess maybe I have already figured out that WNIR usually only broadcasts half truths most of the time and don't waste my ears on them.