PDA

View Full Version : Too Mad for Words to Describe.

Steeler Mafia
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Of the two minutes that I saw of the game, thanks to the worlds crappiest local cable provider, and seeing the highlights (better yet...lowlights) I cannot see straight from outrage that we looked like a mediocre high school team offensively. Then to top all of this off, Tomlin goes for it on 4th and 10 knowing he needs two scores with less than a minute and a half left on the clock. I want to smack Tomlin in the mouth for trying to justify his decision on going for it on 4th down. While I am at it, I really want to scissor kick Bruce Arians in the face for his mindless ability to call the offense and not adjusting at the half when things are not going productively.

I was really looking forward to football season and watching the Steelers and the WV Mountaineers plow thier way to a productive bowl winning season, but that all went down the perverbial bowl after viewing what I termed to be the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever witnessed in two games. This will be a long painful season. What really burns my a$$ (other than a flame about 3 feet tall) is the fact that there is an extreme amount of talent on both teams, but the coaches and FO do not give them an opportunity to succeed. :wft is up with that?

Honestly, I have been just venting on this board because I absolutely hate it when good teams shoot themselves in the foot, especially when those teams are the ones that I love so dearlly. I think I am going to take a walk in downtown traffic now.

NKySteeler
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I hear 'ya... After the first week against Houston, I said our O-line was weak... Many people rationalized my points so much that I actually started to believe it. But we have issues that are not "over night" fixable. ... I guess it's just time to fasten the chinstrap and get ready for several tough games.

I think I am going to take a walk in downtown traffic now.

... Just as a trivia fact, downtown traffic doesn't move fast enough (I considered the interstate)... :wink:

... Let's see what the Baltimore game brings...

steelblood
09-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah, it won't get any easier with our schedule. Ravens x2, Cowboys, Colts, Jags, Pats, Giants, and Tennessee all have excellents pass rushers and/or blitz packages. I do think the line can be decent. I mean several of those sacks were complete break downs and not a matter of a man getting beat. They allowed players to rush up the middle without impeding them in any way.

Djfan
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Hold off on the walk, brother! This is familia after all!

I still think the 4th down attempt was the answer. We had very little time and only an 8 point jump to make. TD, 2 pt conv and we're in OT. No way we would have had better odds on the clock, on side kick, etc.

Still we never should have been in that position. BA has to go.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Hold off on the walk, brother! This is familia after all!

I still think the 4th down attempt was the answer. We had very little time and only an 8 point jump to make. TD, 2 pt conv and we're in OT. No way we would have had better odds on the clock, on side kick, etc.

Still we never should have been in that position. BA has to go.

we were down nine chief.

Djfan
09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Damn. I hate math.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Damn. I hate math.

:D :D

OK, now that you know this, you still go for the TD?

Djfan
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Damn. I hate math.

With 9 pts? No.

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Damn. I hate math.

With 9 pts? No.

Thank you. For the life of me, I can't understand people justiying his decision, but that's what's great about being a fan, different viewpoints. FWIW, I don't think we win that game either way, so it's moot, I have just seen so many coaches do this (teams I could give a hoot about) and pull my hair out each time. It's just this time, it happened to my team, with my coach.

Ozey74
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
It's now 2 full days since that debacle that we saw on Sunday & I still feel just as upset!! The news of FWP & Hampton out hasn't helped. Going into the season, I really didn't think that this game against the Ravens would be for 1st place.

:ratsuck

AkronSteel
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
It's now 2 full days since that debacle that we saw on Sunday & I still feel just as upset!! The news of FWP & Hampton out hasn't helped. Going into the season, I really didn't think that this game against the Ravens would be for 1st place.

Don't worry Ozey, the Steelers will make you feel better on Monday. I know that FWP is out but that is why they spent a 1st rounder on Mendy. BTW, I think he is going to do the team some justice and be a difference maker on Monday. The Ravens have not played him yet and they may be surprised by the package that he brings. I think it is going to be a very painful night for Mr. Flacco as well. Remember, the Ravens have only played two home games against the 0-3 Browns and Bengals, not exactly the same as coming into the Burgh on a Monday Night with this crowd and the Steelers feeling like they have something to prove. I going out on a limb and making an early prediction this week. 31-7 Steelers in a blow out early on. I'm calling at least one defensive TD this week, maybe two. The Ravens are still the Ravens and they are not going to bring LeRon McClain into Heinz and run him on the Steelers like he has the first couple of weeks, Flacco will have to beat the Steelers if the Ravens are going to win.

AngryAsian
09-24-2008, 03:36 AM
The morning period for the slanted one is finished. Time to get pumped up!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

Ozey74
09-24-2008, 07:34 AM

Don't worry Ozey, the Steelers will make you feel better on Monday. I know that FWP is out but that is why they spent a 1st rounder on Mendy. BTW, I think he is going to do the team some justice and be a difference maker on Monday. The Ravens have not played him yet and they may be surprised by the package that he brings. I think it is going to be a very painful night for Mr. Flacco as well. Remember, the Ravens have only played two home games against the 0-3 Browns and Bengals, not exactly the same as coming into the Burgh on a Monday Night with this crowd and the Steelers feeling like they have something to prove. I going out on a limb and making an early prediction this week. 31-7 Steelers in a blow out early on. I'm calling at least one defensive TD this week, maybe two. The Ravens are still the Ravens and they are not going to bring LeRon McClain into Heinz and run him on the Steelers like he has the first couple of weeks, Flacco will have to beat the Steelers if the Ravens are going to win.

Thanks for the pep talk! Another fact that we can take solice in is the fact that Flacco as yet to throw a TD pass.

:tt2

ikestops85
09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the pep talk! Another fact that we can take solice in is the fact that Flacco as yet to throw a TD pass.

and he won't be throwing one this coming week either. :tt1 :tt2 :Beer

AkronSteel
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM

No Problem Brother!!! It's Ravens week......time to kick some Baltimore A$$!!!

papillon
09-24-2008, 02:04 PM

You get a period in the morning? I thought you were a member of the testosterone club, not the estrogen club? :moon :stirpot

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2008, 02:08 PM

Since you posted this at 3:36 a.m., you were smack dab in the middle of the morning period. But if you want to come out of the mourning period, I am all for that! :lol: