PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for a win against a "good" team.

LasVegasGuy
09-21-2008, 10:32 PM
The Eagles finally brought us back to reality. I still don't think Tomlin and crew can beat a respectable opponent. These guys have been getting fat feasting on the bottom dwellers but when it comes time to pay the check they are nowhere to be found.

Wins
Texans
Browns (3)
Ravens
Bengals (2)
49ers
Bills
Dolphins
Seahawks
Rams

Losses
Jaguars (2)
Eagles
Cardinals
Jets
Ravens
Patriots
Broncos

costanza2k1
09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
I have to agree with you. I hope they somehow turn this thing around. Until then I will continue to root for these guys with all that I have...

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Wins
Texans
Browns (3)
Ravens
Bengals (3)
49ers
Bills
Dolphins
Seahawks
Rams
Jaguars

Losses
Jaguars (2)
Eagles
Cardinals
Jets
Ravens
Patriots
Broncos
Giants

Ozey74
10-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Tomlin didn't have the #2 long snapper ready to go. That is why we lost.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Tomlin allowed this horrible offensive play calling. Tomlin allowed the suspension of Santonio Holmes before he was found guilty. Tomlin allowed 30 yards of penalties on 3 consecutive plays. Tomlin allowed the dumptruck to return kick offs knowing damn well he couldn't break one and your best field position was going to be your own 30. He allowed a linebacker to be a long snapper. He allowed Dick Lebeau's defense to play 10 yards off the recievers.

Now before I get blasted and told he didn't allow any of this then why is he on the sidelines if he has no control or decision making over the game? I have had it with not being able to beat good teams this coaching staff sucks and needs to be replaced.

LouSteel
10-26-2008, 08:07 PM
LVG, as much as I don't like to admit it, you are absolutely correct.

We can go around in circles all day debating what all the problems are, which ones most contributed to the loss...

The point is that we haven't made any real improvement. The OL is still off and on, Ben still holds the ball too long, we still call ****ty plays, ...

These are the same problems that we've been facing since Tomlin was hired.

Some things are getting a bit better, but it seems like we're getting worse as quickly as we are improving.

I think we can mask most of our problems by getting an OC that understands how to make us look good... but that ball has been in Tomlin's court for a while now.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
LVG, as much as I don't like to admit it, you are absolutely correct.

We can go around in circles all day debating what all the problems are, which ones most contributed to the loss...

The point is that we haven't made any real improvement. The OL is still off and on, Ben still holds the ball too long, we still call ****ty plays, ...

These are the same problems that we've been facing since Tomlin was hired.

Some things are getting a bit better, but it seems like we're getting worse as quickly as we are improving.

I think we can mask most of our problems by getting an OC that understands how to make us look good... but that ball has been in Tomlin's court for a while now.

Thanks someone isn't afraid to admit Tomlin is very questionable at this point.

If we know our offensive line is putrid then why do we make Ben go back with 7 yard drops. Put him in the shotgun and throw it within 3 seconds on quick timing routes. Asking him to go through his progressions is crazy. We don't have the lineman to protect for 5 to 7 seconds and every week we do the same damn thing. Then you compound this with running when we should be passing and passing when we should be running and Bruce Arians should be fired. If he continues to handle the play calling then I hold Tomlin responsible for our inability to move the ball.

Take a look at Wade Philipps he didn't like what he saw in Dallas and took over the defensive play calling. He succeded to the tune of holding the Bucs to 9 points. Do you really think Tomlin has the balls to make a move like this I certainly don't.

BURGH86STEEL
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM

Tomlin allowed this horrible offensive play calling. Tomlin allowed the suspension of Santonio Holmes before he was found guilty. Tomlin allowed 30 yards of penalties on 3 consecutive plays. Tomlin allowed the dumptruck to return kick offs knowing damn well he couldn't break one and your best field position was going to be your own 30. He allowed a linebacker to be a long snapper. He allowed bad word Lebeau's defense to play 10 yards off the recievers.

Now before I get blasted and told he didn't allow any of this then why is he on the sidelines if he has no control or decision making over the game? I have had it with not being able to beat good teams this coaching staff sucks and needs to be replaced.
The execution of the playing calling was worse. Dropped passes, INTs, false starts, penalties, ect. That falls on the players. A lot of people will agree that the organization did the right thing with Holmes. I can see you do not understand why Davenport is the only option to return kicks right now. It has something to do with the injuries to the squad. There are only a limited amount of roster spaces. Do you suggest they cut Parker or another injured player to sign a kick returner? It boils down to a numbers game. Great kick returners are had to find. How many teams have them? In stead of complaining, ask why would they have Davenport returning kicks. Lebeaus been playing the same type of coverages for years. Mindless complain there.

Your a racist. That is why you do not like Tomlin. It is why you want him replaced. I realized that when you brought up the Rooney rule and called Tomlin's hire an experiment.

LasVegasGuy
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Tomlin allowed this horrible offensive play calling. Tomlin allowed the suspension of Santonio Holmes before he was found guilty. Tomlin allowed 30 yards of penalties on 3 consecutive plays. Tomlin allowed the dumptruck to return kick offs knowing damn well he couldn't break one and your best field position was going to be your own 30. He allowed a linebacker to be a long snapper. He allowed bad word Lebeau's defense to play 10 yards off the recievers.

The execution of the playing calling was worse. Dropped passes, INTs, false starts, penalties, ect. That falls on the players. A lot of people will agree that the organization did the right thing with Holmes. I can see you do not understand why Davenport is the only option to return kicks right now. It has something to do with the injuries to the squad. There are only a limited amount of roster spaces. Do you suggest they cut Parker or another injured player to sign a kick returner? It boils down to a numbers game. Great kick returners are had to find. How many teams have them? In stead of complaining, ask why would they have Davenport returning kicks. Lebeaus been playing the same type of coverages for years. Mindless complain there.

Your a racist. That is why you do not like Tomlin. It is why you want him replaced. I realized that when you brought up the Rooney rule and called Tomlin's hire an experiment.

Yup, racist whatever. Anyone who says something bad about Tomlin is a racist wow! I am so numb to that stupid comment that it doesn't even phase me anymore. Racist or not the guy is out of his league and is constantly outcoached.

What would happen if this was a Parcells team. I guess you would see these guys riding the pine. Does Tomlin have enough balls like Parcells to demand respect and expect perfect execution? Not a chance.

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM

Don't waste your time. It's not worth it.

BURGH86STEEL
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM

Yup, racist whatever. Anyone who says something bad about Tomlin is a racist wow! I am so numb to that stupid comment that it doesn't even phase me anymore. Racist or not the guy is out of his league and is constantly outcoached.

What would happen if this was a Parcells team. I guess you would see these guys riding the pine. Does Tomlin have enough balls like Parcells to demand respect and expect perfect execution? Not a chance.

What is Tomlin's record since becoming the HC of this team? If he were so badly out coached, he would have trouble winning games. Teams with more talent than the Steelers are losing to lesser teams. I do not know what league you follow. Kind of funny that you point certaint things out to make Tomlin look bad. Up to this point, he's had success. You cannot take that away.

I do not care if you say anything bad about Tomlin. That is your opinion. What makes you a racist is the comments YOU made. How will you feel if Obama becomes the next Presisdent of the US? Racist people are some of the worst in the world. They do horrible things to people that are not their race. It is really sad and I feel bad for you.

BURGH86STEEL
10-26-2008, 10:46 PM

Gotch but I think people should know that want to agree with that nut. I had no idea he was a racist till I read his comments on the Trib's board today.

stlrz d
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM

Gotch but I think people should know that want to agree with that nut. I had no idea he was a racist till I read his comments on the Trib's board today.

He made that known on the trib board last year.

I was hoping for a fresh start over here, but it slowly started creeping out and he'll never stop with it.

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 12:02 AM
[quote=BURGH86STEEL]

He made that known on the trib board last year.

I was hoping for a fresh start over here, but it slowly started creeping out and he'll never stop with it.[/quote:oghqtgcy]

Tisk, Tisk. I guess rooting for an average team with a less then average coach is enough for some people. Not for me. Right now it is looking like the right coach for the job might have been Wisencrap. He seems to be doing a whole lot more with a whole lot less. Want to dispute that or would that be racist?

SteelTorch
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Tisk, Tisk. I guess rooting for an average team with a less then average coach is enough for some people. Not for me. Right now it is looking like the right coach for the job might have been Wisencrap. He seems to be doing a whole lot more with a whole lot less. Want to dispute that or would that be racist?
Cards are 4-3 and lost today to the Panthers. But feel free to root for them if you want to. Really, go ahead. Because you won't be missed. :wink:

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 12:09 AM

I'm going to miss you Burgh86Steel. Remember you can say Obama shouldn't be the President of the United States or Tomlin shouldn't be the coach of the Steelers without being a racist. It's a matter of opinion and mine says he got the job because we were forced to give it to him. Someone get into the head of Art Rooney and let me know what he was thinking because Tomlin's resume as a 1 year defensive coordinator didn't sell it for me so it had to be something? Hmmmm? Maybe the Rooney Rule and a good way to practice what you preach. Racist comment or not who cares that is the great thing about the United States you can choose to ignore it or change the station. Or in STLRZD defense move on because your feelings are hurt.

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 07:13 AM
the jags are a good team and the browns are not too bad as well. so far the steelers have 2 quality wins and the ravens are a lot better than people think as well

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
the jags are a good team and the browns are not too bad as well. so far the steelers have 2 quality wins and the ravens are a lot better than people think as well

The Browns? The same team we have beaten since like 1998 long before Tomlin was even in the NFL? Oh yea, who can't forget the injury riddled Jaguar team where we needed to pull out all the stops to win. By the way didn't they just get beat by the team we officially own? Stop reaching we still haven't beaten anybody. Everytime we are asked to step up to the plate we forget our helmet and bat.

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM

The Browns? The same team we have beaten since like 1998 long before Tomlin was even in the NFL? Oh yea, who can't forget the injury riddled Jaguar team where we needed to pull out all the stops to win. By the way didn't they just get beat by the team we officially own? Stop reaching we still haven't beaten anybody. Everytime we are asked to step up to the plate we forget our helmet and bat.

im not reaching my point is who is to say what is and isnt a quality win. with the paridy of the league right now every win is quality. did you forget the browns beat the giants and beat them badly? so the giants must really stink. the rams beat the cowboys and the redskins so they both must stink right? colts and chargers both stink. so i guess the only team that doesnt stink is the titans right?

AngryAsian
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM

im not reaching my point is who is to say what is and isnt a quality win. with the paridy of the league right now every win is quality. did you forget the browns beat the giants and beat them badly? so the giants must really stink. the rams beat the cowboys and the redskins so they both must stink right? colts and chargers both stink. so i guess the only team that doesnt stink is the titans right?

Excellent point, frank.

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM

Excellent point, frank.

thank you very much

LasVegasGuy
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM

I know what you are saying and I understand. The trend that is happening under Tomlin is when it comes time to play a team and take the next step forward we fall completely on our face. Last year it was the Patriots, we lose but expected, the next time the Jaguars, we lose, the next time it was the Jaguars in the playoffs we lose again. Then this year we are cruising along until we hit the Eagles then we are left for dead. Then we roll some wins together against some weak competition before facing the Giants, we lose again. It seems like we climb the mountain against the weak teams and fall completely off when we hit the better teams.

frankthetank1
10-27-2008, 01:13 PM

I know what you are saying and I understand. The trend that is happening under Tomlin is when it comes time to play a team and take the next step forward we fall completely on our face. Last year it was the Patriots, we lose but expected, the next time the Jaguars, we lose, the next time it was the Jaguars in the playoffs we lose again. Then this year we are cruising along until we hit the Eagles then we are left for dead. Then we roll some wins together against some weak competition before facing the Giants, we lose again. It seems like we climb the mountain against the weak teams and fall completely off when we hit the better teams.

untill he blows an afccg like cowher was famous for i wont give tomlin a hard time about that. i know what your saying but the team last year wasnt all that great. haggans was awful, woodley is a huge upgrade. there has been a lot of improvement in a lot of different players from last year to now. dont fault tomlin for warren getting hurt, have you ever seen a long snapper get hurt in a game? no luck with that. if that weak holding call isnt made its a win. maybe if ryan clark doesnt get hurt they dont convert on 4th down. the steelers could of easily won that game it just wasnt in the cards. there are only so many injuries a team can over come.

SteelTorch
11-04-2008, 12:58 AM
You were saying? :lol: 8)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-04-2008, 01:04 AM
You were saying? :lol: 8)

Yup!

Chadman
11-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Funny...Chadman read at the beginning of the season that the Steelers would be lucky to break even with their schedule being the hardest that an NFL team has ever encountered since the introduction of the NFL & that Tomlin would get shown up for the crap coach that he is.

Now, around the halfway point, the Steelers haven't played a hard team & Tomlin still hasn't been tested??

So what is it?

Was the schedule hard? Easy? Or is Tomlin better than expected?

Some posters are starting to sound more & more like "I must be right" Crash or "I'm right, you're wrong" Pirogi Pete every time they post....

Starlifter
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
this thread is ridiculous. as soon as the steelers are able to tell the NFL who they'd like to play every year - then we can debate the quality of the wins. in the meantime they have to line up with whomever the NFL decides to put on the schedule. I'd say 6-2 is pretty darn good right now.....

AkronSteel
11-04-2008, 01:49 AM
this thread is ridiculous. as soon as the steelers are able to tell the NFL who they'd like to play every year - then we can debate the quality of the wins. in the meantime they have to line up with whomever the NFL decides to put on the schedule. I'd say 6-2 is pretty darn good right now.....

:Agree

All the team can do is play the teams on the schedule. When the season started...the Browns were suppose to challenge the Steelers for the division. The Jaguars were the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year and alot of so called experts were calling them a SB contender. The Ravens have shown that they are an above average football team that has a dominating D. I like this team....I like this coach. They could seriously be 7-1 at the half way point without a couple of bad breaks against the G-Men....this team can play with anybody.

Oviedo
11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Funny...Chadman read at the beginning of the season that the Steelers would be lucky to break even with their schedule being the hardest that an NFL team has ever encountered since the introduction of the NFL & that Tomlin would get shown up for the crap coach that he is.

Now, around the halfway point, the Steelers haven't played a hard team & Tomlin still hasn't been tested??

So what is it?

Some posters are starting to sound more & more like "I must be right" Crash or "I'm right, you're wrong" Pirogi Pete every time they post....

Chadman--you must not have gotten the news down under. Any team we beat is a bad team or played a bad game. Any team we lose to is a quality opponent and it just proves we aren't good.

Both opinions are just code for bashing Tomlin and the organization by a group of negative posters who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. But hey, I guess I like Kool Aid.

MeetJoeGreene
11-04-2008, 08:50 AM

So what is it?

Chadman--you must not have gotten the news down under. Any team we beat is a bad team or played a bad game. Any team we lose to is a quality opponent and it just proves we aren't good.

Both opinions are just code for bashing Tomlin and the organization by a group of negative posters who aren't happy unless they are unhappy. But hey, I guess I like Kool Aid.

And that will be the logic here. The Redskins aren't good. They played poorly. Wait for it... endless justifications AGAINST our team.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM

So what is it?

And that will be the logic here. The Redskins aren't good. They played poorly. Wait for it... endless justifications AGAINST our team.

I wonder if other teams' message boards have this subtheme - "Fans that Love Their Team so Much they Hate It". See Dr. Phil, 7:30 tonight.

Iron Shiek
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM

So what is it?

WHAT!? You obviously didn't see the Redskins struggle against the Lions a couple weeks ago. So yeah...they suck. Just another crap team that Tomlin beat...show me a real team. :roll: :D

SteelTorch
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Do you hear that? That's the sound of LVG not having anything to say. Very typical troll behavior. 8)

proudpittsburgher
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Do you hear that? That's the sound of LVG not having anything to say. Very typical troll behavior. 8)

That's the aggrivating part.
Have an opinion . . . fine.
Display your opinion . . . fine.
Call all those who don't share yoru opinion names like kool-aid drinkers or morons . . . starts to grate on my nerves
Don't show up when something happens to contradict you opinion . . . typical, type and run

LasVegasGuy
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM

What part of yesterday's post about me being done with Planet Kool-aid didn't you understand? If you want to hear what I have to say visit the Forum or the Trib. I am done with the shawnmedguy approved board at the Planet. Maybe this one will get deleted, moved or locked too.

Out..............

SteelTorch
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
What part of yesterday's post about me being done with Planet Kool-aid didn't you understand? If you want to hear what I have to say visit the Forum or the Trib. I am done with the shawnmedguy approved board at the Planet. Maybe this one will get deleted, moved or locked too.

Out..............

You saying you were done:
http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2941&p=35217#p35217

Followed by these posts:

Thanks guys. I'm a little bit of a jerk when it comes to Tomlin, and I can admit that, but that is my opinion of the guy. You either like it, leave it or you counter back with your own opinion. This board has become very one sided for me and I am joining the countless others who have abandoned the Planet for good. If you can't debate a topic whether good or bad then what good is the message boad you are promoting?

Can you poste quotes where I used the "F" bomb. I don't think so. Freakin' is not the same as F&@ckin'

You are going to warn me for my feelings on Tomlin are you kidding me? Can we warn people about the good things they say about Tomlin? If calling someone a kool-aid drinker is stepping over the line then what do you say to someone who calls me a racist for my views on Tomlin. This board can't have it's cake and eat it too. If you want to ban me not a problem you may actually do me a favor from ever visiting this board again. Banishment shows how weak this board has actually become and how one sided the topics will soon become.

Yeah, you looked done to me alright. :lol: And you wouldn't have found out about my above post unless you were lurking here in the first place! Pwned. :P

But I'm sorry, I must have interrupted you trolling elsewhere. Buh-bye now. *sips Kool-aid*

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
bump!

Starlifter
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
now now, there will still be some who will say the cheaters aren't a good team either. The reality is for the Steelers - there has been only one game this year where they were outplayed, that was the eagles. Every other game, even the losses we either did win or should have won. The steelers will be very scary come january....

costanza2k1
11-30-2008, 08:30 PM
The Steelers will lose the rest of their games this season

oops wrong forum...

Oviedo
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
After 12 weeks sitting at 9-3 with the most difficult schedule in recent memory. Not bad for a team with a "janitor" as a head coach, no OL, no OC, etc., etc.

Hopefully this officially finalizes the march of the morons back to the Trib.

SteelTorch
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
What do you expect? The guy's a borderline troll. Thankfully, I don't think he'll be back.

But I'm willing to be he somehow blamed Tomlin for the missed field goal. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
11-30-2008, 10:58 PM
What do you expect? The guy's a borderline troll. Thankfully, I don't think he'll be back.

No, he will say this was all because of Bad Word Lebeau.

costanza2k1
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Correction this is what was said at the Trib regarding Lebeau during preseason:

I also believe the game has left Lebeau.

The old "fire blitz" crap Lebeau employs is getting as old as him.

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 11:27 PM

Correction this is what was said at the Trib regarding Lebeau during preseason:

I also believe the game has left Lebeau.

The old "fire blitz" crap Lebeau employs is getting as old as him.

Yeah, but it's easy to go back on that and give LeBeau the credit...so long as the head coach gets none.

Don't you know anything? :roll:

:mrgreen:

costanza2k1
11-30-2008, 11:46 PM
I hear ya with that, how's this?

Soon as Cassell takes them 70+ yards for a score can we all take trips to Chicago rather then prepare for the Patriots?

costanza2k1
11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
By the way how was the trip to Chicago, Ben?

Like I said bad coaching decision by Tomlin to allow this offense more time off. Gonna be a long, long day. The Patriots are going to bring it to our sorry butt all day.

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Costanza, are those actual trib posts by our favorite Tomlin hater?

costanza2k1
12-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Yup...

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Yup...

Well I certainly hope some folks will be kind enough to remind him of them. :D

costanza2k1
12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh almost the whole pro steelers folks have...I'm just being a booger and posting them here...not much research needed.