PDA

View Full Version : OMG Just Thought About This

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 10:20 PM
We actually gave up MORE SACKS than we SCORED POINTS!!!

9 sacks--shoulda been 10
6 points

Wow...never really thought about it that way...that's hysterically depressing!

rpmpit
09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Uhhhh...thanks??? :x :(

BigBen2112
09-22-2008, 08:07 AM

No, seriously I was sitting around talking about it with the wife and we were like "that really sucked" etc and then it just donned on me...we actually scored less points than we gave up sacks! I mean even if you subtract the sacks we had as a team from the sacks we gave up the differential was still more than the number of points we scored. It just shocked me when I actually thought about it.

Sorry dude.

rpmpit
09-22-2008, 08:15 AM

No, seriously I was sitting around talking about it with the wife and we were like "that really sucked" etc and then it just donned on me...we actually scored less points than we gave up sacks! I mean even if you subtract the sacks we had as a team from the sacks we gave up the differential was still more than the number of points we scored. It just shocked me when I actually thought about it.

Sorry dude.

Oh, don't be sorry. Its not your fault.

Oviedo
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
One game. Move on.

papillon
09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
One game. Move on.

No changes? It was rather disturbing to see defensive linemen attacking Ben unabated by an offensive linemen. Linebackers, safeties, cornerbacks, ok, I understand how you may not see them, pick up the blitz, etc., but, a defensive linemen is directly in your grill as an offensive linemen and on, at least, two plays that I saw once the ball was snapped no one laid a finger on them. Not ony that, they seemed to invite him to sack Ben by moving out of the way.

The Steelers may be able to rattle Flacco next Monday, but, Ben won't make it through a second game if the Ravens are allowed similar paths of no reistence to Ben. They have a chip on their shoulder and will undoubtedly take it out on Ben if given the opportunity.

Just my 20 cents and I'll move on.

Pappy

AngryAsian
09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
One game. Move on.

No changes? It was rather disturbing to see defensive linemen attacking Ben unabated by an offensive linemen. Linebackers, safeties, cornerbacks, ok, I understand how you may not see them, pick up the blitz, etc., but, a defensive linemen is directly in your grill as an offensive linemen and on, at least, two plays that I saw once the ball was snapped no one laid a finger on them. Not ony that, they seemed to invite him to sack Ben by moving out of the way.

The Steelers may be able to rattle Flacco next Monday, but, Ben won't make it through a second game if the Ravens are allowed similar paths of no reistence to Ben. They have a chip on their shoulder and will undoubtedly take it out on Ben if given the opportunity.

Pappy

In a lot of coaches' and analysts' points of views, Jim Johnson is probably the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. This guy will be a HC somewhere next year. The guy probably has the the best schemes for a 4-3 I've ever seen.

BigBen2112
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM
One game. Move on.

Pappy

In a lot of coaches' and analysts' points of views, Jim Johnson is probably the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. This guy will be a HC somewhere next year. The guy probably has the the best schemes for a 4-3 I've ever seen.

And our OL, OC, and OL Coach suck...just like we thought they would.

I never expected them to be THIS bad though.

AngryAsian
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Benny, I feel the same way about Arians and Zeirline. Both are the main reasons we lost last night and about 3 of the games from last season. This reminded me of the Denver game last year, where Ben spent most of the game on his back. If there aren't adjustments made soon we could lose out on our window of opportunity to win some championships. I don't see us hoisting Lombardis with Arians doing the play calling. The thing that blows is that Arians is Ben's boy. I wonder how good Ben would really be if he had a mentor that was actually worth anything.

proudpittsburgher
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
No one can argue that the OL and playcalling left a bit to be desired yesterday. OK, A LOT to be desired, but lets not turn this into the Trib Board. Not a whole lot was said after the first two games, then we have a bad game on the O-line, and all of the "sucks" threads start coming out. Lets see how things play out against Baltimore and Jacksonville before we start throwing out that word, k?

AngryAsian
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
No one can argue that the OL and playcalling left a bit to be desired yesterday. OK, A LOT to be desired, but lets not turn this into the Trib Board. Not a whole lot was said after the first two games, then we have a bad game on the O-line, and all of the "sucks" threads start coming out. Lets see how things play out against Baltimore and Jacksonville before we start throwing out that word, k?

I don't think this board is turning sour.... I have no issues about posting hyper critical views of the team. Our rabid-fan-analysis is what this board is meant for. Whether they be negative and/or positive, I welcome all opinions. Last two weeks I saw numerous threads discussing the positives that this teams put forth... its only reasonable that after a loss such as yesterday's debacle, you'd see more negative toned threads being posted. BTW, the offensive schemes yesterday did suck, only because there were no adjustments being made..... for a quarter, for a half..... but not for the whole game.

The season is just beginning and we most definitely have a shot at being one of the AFC contenders, but if we don't fix what ails this offense, we won't stand a chance against teams like the Cowboys, the Jags, Indy, Denver, the Chargers... the list is long and nasty. Is our defense awesome? Absofugginlutely, but this is the new NFL and with its new "pass happy and put up huge points" geared up rules, offenses have to have success in moving the ball. Something that our offense couldn't do at all.

papillon
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
One game. Move on.

Pappy

The next guy's name is Rex Ryan and he's no slouch either. Regardless, you have to block the guy in front of you, don't you?

Pappy

Shawn
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
But, we did score more points than Harry Nutczak's IQ soooo...there was something positive about our play on Sunday.

costanza2k1
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM

I don't think this board is turning sour.... I have no issues about posting hyper critical views of the team. Our rabid-fan-analysis is what this board is meant for. Whether they be negative and/or positive, I welcome all opinions. Last two weeks I saw numerous threads discussing the positives that this teams put forth... its only reasonable that after a loss such as yesterday's debacle, you'd see more negative toned threads being posted. BTW, the offensive schemes yesterday did suck, only because there were no adjustments being made..... for a quarter, for a half..... but not for the whole game.

The season is just beginning and we most definitely have a shot at being one of the AFC contenders, but if we don't fix what ails this offense, we won't stand a chance against teams like the Cowboys, the Jags, Indy, Denver, the Chargers... the list is long and nasty. Is our defense awesome? Absofugginlutely, but this is the new NFL and with its new "pass happy and put up huge points" geared up rules, offenses have to have success in moving the ball. Something that our offense couldn't do at all.

I agree with both you of, but when folks start jumping into every thread and stating fire this guy or waive that guy, it gets really old. Make your point once and move the f on. If you want to vent fine, but don't hijack every thread. We all realize this is all out of our control (I hope). Being passionate about the game is what makes us bad-ass Steelers fans, but when that passion takes over into continually stating one point over and over one might want to back off a bit or choose a team with a better oline, coaching, front office, owners, city, blah, blah, blah.

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
"bad-bad word Steelers fans"

That's almost as good as "Bad Word Lebeau" :lol:

Mel Blount's G
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
One game. Move on.

Pappy

The next guy's name is Rex Ryan and he's no slouch either. Regardless, you have to block the guy in front of you, don't you?

Pappy
Paps: I am QUITE concerned. I feel that the felons d is still in the upper echelon of the league. I started a thread hoping the felons punter wasn't as good as the iggle's Flacco, who put us in a hole about 3 times, or else the Felons may record score some safeties. They have never been shy about hitting Ben legally AND illegally in the past and the performance of our o-line and the coaching staff yesterday doesn't instill confidence that that is going to change this sunday.

costanza2k1
09-22-2008, 08:23 PM
"bad-bad word Steelers fans"

That's almost as good as "Bad Word Lebeau" :lol:

I just noticed that...lol

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
One game. Move on.

Pappy

Pappy
Paps: I am QUITE concerned. I feel that the felons d is still in the upper echelon of the league. I started a thread hoping the felons punter wasn't as good as the iggle's Flacco, who put us in a hole about 3 times, or else the Felons may record score some safeties. They have never been shy about hitting Ben legally AND illegally in the past and the performance of our o-line and the coaching staff yesterday doesn't instill confidence that that is going to change this sunday.

Rocca was last week's opposing punter. Flacco is this week's opposing quarterback.

Mel Blount's G
09-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Rocca was last week's opposing punter. Flacco is this week's opposing quarterback.
Flacco, Rocca, Rocky Balboa.....you get the point :wink: :oops:

Frickin punters!

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Flacco, Rocca, Rocky Balboa.....you get the point :wink: :oops:

Frickin punters!

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Rocky_t-shirt_bum_link.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

proudpittsburgher
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM

I agree with both you of, but when folks start jumping into every thread and stating fire this guy or waive that guy, it gets really old. Make your point once and move the f on. If you want to vent fine, but don't hijack every thread. We all realize this is all out of our control (I hope). Being passionate about the game is what makes us bad-bad word Steelers fans, but when that passion takes over into continually stating one point over and over one might want to back off a bit or choose a team with a better oline, coaching, front office, owners, city, blah, blah, blah.

Agreeed, that's what I was referring to, but you just stated it better. :)