PDA

View Full Version : Ben cause a lot of his own pain.

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 07:47 PM
quit holding the DAMNNNNNN BALLLLLLL not to take away from that sorry asss line, but chek off and hit the hot route

Les 74
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM
quit holding the DAMNNNNNN BALLLLLLL not to take away from that sorry asss line, but chek off and hit the hot route

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mel Blount's G
09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
There was a hot route? :| :x

RussBII
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM

Yeah, i'm not convinced that was an option. When Heath and the RB are in the backfield, that leaves two guys running routes against at least 4 DBs...

I'm sure there were open guys at least SOMETIMES. I dunno, i'd like to see the endzone camera from each sack.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are going to put this on BEN?!?!!?!

His OL was so horrible that even if he got rid of the ball the quicker than god himself would have he STILL would have come close to setting the record for sacks in a game.

We gave up 9 sacks and it will be 10 sacks once they overturn the scoring of the safety and give it to the D as a sack...and Ben had at least 3 times that he "ran" and got tackled for 1-1.5 yards which should have been sacks.

That'd be 13-14 sacks guys...that would SET THE RECORD for sacks in a game.

Thats squarely on the OL and OC.

If it's Ben's fault then tell me why Parker was still directed to run RIGHT up the middle of the line? OC, OL, and OL coach SUCK!

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Leftwich found them, why can't Ben. and this is not a start Leftwich post because Ben is by far the better player, but until Ben shore up that part of his game , he will continue to be a crash dummie.

Mel Blount's G
09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Jim Johnson schooled our entire offensive coaching staff. I saw lineman looking around for guys to block as Ben is getting swarmed by guys.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Leftwich found them, why can't Ben. and this is not a start Leftwich post because Ben is by far the better player, but until Ben shore up that part of his game , he will continue to be a crash dummie.

I dont know what game you were watching, but Leftwich found HEATH MILLER

And in the game I was watching when Ben was in HEATH and a RB were KEPT IN THE BACKFIELD TO BLOCK!

Face the facts: Our OL, OC, and OL coach absolutely BLOW.

stlrz d
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM

Lefty faced the prevent D.

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Yeah, i'm not convinced that was an option. When Heath and the RB are in the backfield, that leaves two guys running routes against at least 4 DBs...

I'm sure there were open guys at least SOMETIMES. I dunno, i'd like to see the endzone camera from each sack.they made the adjustment after halftime to put the TE and RB to max protect, but before then he had hot routes. if you make em pay they stop the all out blitz.

Les 74
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are going to put this on BEN?!?!!?!

His OL was so horrible that even if he got rid of the ball the quicker than god himself would have he STILL would have come close to setting the record for sacks in a game.

We gave up 9 sacks and it will be 10 sacks once they overturn the scoring of the safety and give it to the D as a sack...and Ben had at least 3 times that he "ran" and got tackled for 1-1.5 yards which should have been sacks.

That'd be 13-14 sacks guys...that would SET THE RECORD for sacks in a game.

Thats squarely on the OL and OC.

If it's Ben's fault then tell me why Parker was still directed to run RIGHT up the middle of the line? OC, OL, and OL coach SUCK!

Is anyone arguing that Arians doesn't suck???What I'm saying is that Ben calls for protection at the line.Its his/Arians jobs to call for blitz pickups.Not saying that all of the blame was on him,but a part of it sure is.

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM

Lefty faced the prevent D.NO, the first pass was a 3 man rush but after that they was blitzing until BL was making them pay.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM

I'm sure there were open guys at least SOMETIMES. I dunno, i'd like to see the endzone camera from each sack.they made the adjustment after halftime to put the TE and RB to max protect, but before then he had hot routes. if you make em pay they stop the all out blitz.

Dude Leftwich was going against a Prevent D that did not even rush until after we got towards their red zone.

Ben was not even getting dropped back completely before being sacked. This is NOT on him.

Are you Bruce Arians or Zierlein?

stlrz d
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Lefty faced the prevent D.NO, the first pass was a 3 man rush but after that they was blitzing until BL was making them pay.

Not what I saw.

RussBII
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Philly also has two good corners. I'm still not convinced those options were there. However, I'm not convinced Ben would've found them, had they been there. That's why i'd like to see the endzone camera footage.

Scarletfire1970
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
It's called prevent. They weren't sending the dogs after Leftwhich. When they did, he got sacked too. Please watch the game. Thanks.

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
It's called prevent. They weren't sending the dogs after Leftwhich. When they did, he got sacked too. Please watch the game. Thanks.even Phill Sims said that they was still blitzing , so you watch the game please.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
It's called prevent. They weren't sending the dogs after Leftwhich. When they did, he got sacked too. Please watch the game. Thanks.even Phill Sims said that they was still blitzing , so you watch the game please.

The Steelers announcers disagreed.

Scarletfire1970
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
It's called prevent. They weren't sending the dogs after Leftwhich. When they did, he got sacked too. Please watch the game. Thanks.even Phill Sims said that they was still blitzing , so you watch the game please.I did watch the game. And I saw Leftwhich get sacked when they brought the pressure. They did that to Ben the entire game.

Flasteel
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Blame the quarterback?

Laughable.

Offensive line and especially Arians are to blame for this debacle 100%.

Steel Life
09-21-2008, 10:26 PM

Lefty faced the prevent D.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ikestops85
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I think everyone involved in this offensive debacle has to accept some blame. The majority goes to the OC with the O-line a close second. Ben also didn't help himself by not making quick decisions, trusting his receivers and throwing the ball. He tried to get by on his escapability which works when one man breaks through the line but not when there is a jailbreak like Philly put on us. Not only did the O-line miss blocks but so did Heath and Willie. Mendy has shown that as of now not only is he NOT a power back but his hands are also suspect. Overall the offense grades out with a D- in my opinion. The only thing worse would have been a shutout. :cry:

pfelix73
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
You can't put all of this on the OL, guys. Period.

The coaching staff NEVER made the adjustments and to be honest, had a horrible game plan.

BA needs to be the one that is questioned here. Along with LZ.

Les 74
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
You can't put all of this on the OL, guys. Period.

The coaching staff NEVER made the adjustments and to be honest, had a horrible game plan.

BA needs to be the one that is questioned here. Along with LZ.

Totally agree.Although the OL was bad(that one's for you,rick :D ,)how do you not make adjustments............especially in the 2nd half??? :shock:

papillon
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Hard to blame this one on Ben, he bluffed at the pot with 7-2 off suit and was called by the Eagles. I did find myself yelling "throw it away, throw it away", not because he was holding it too long, but, for self-preservation reasons.

Pappy

Jom112
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Blame the quarterback?

Laughable.

Offensive line and especially Arians are to blame for this debacle 100%.

The O-Line and OC should get the majority of the blame but not 100%. The QB, RB's for missing blocking assignments and WR's for not adjusting should all get part of the blame as well.

Take the first two games for our offense. Carson looked bad but he got zero protection. That didn't change against the Giants who got six sacks against us but our offense was able to move the ball well against the Giants and put up some points. Carson got the ball out really quick yesterday and TJ made some key adjustments in his routes.

When you're playing a team like the Eagles or Giants you have to know you're not going to get a lot of time to throw the ball. You have to prepare a lot better before hand for that. Arians is primarily at fault for you guys not being prepared but the blame doesn't fall solely on Arians and the O-Line...

stlrz d
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Hard to blame this one on Ben, he bluffed at the pot with 7-2 off suit and was called by the Eagles. I did find myself yelling "throw it away, throw it away", not because he was holding it too long, but, for self-preservation reasons.

Pappy

Same here.

MeetJoeGreene
09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Whatever you think is to blame on the offense yesterday - you are right. There is enough to go around. The playcalling, the o-line, Parker, Ben, etc.

I couldn't tell from watching on TV if Ben was indeed missing open receivers on hot routes. Maybe the receivers weren't breaking and running the hot routes.

It was an all-around sucky performance.

Hopefully, it was an anomaly and not a trend.

Next few weeks will tell.

NorthCoast
09-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Go back and rewatch the Jags game last year. Ben should have been in the Gun with a no-huddle spread offense. He made it work before, just don't know why they didn't try yesterday. To make it work, BB needs to be able to read the D presnap....maybe he can't?

steelblood
09-23-2008, 08:01 AM

I dont know what game you were watching, but Leftwich found HEATH MILLER

And in the game I was watching when Ben was in HEATH and a RB were KEPT IN THE BACKFIELD TO BLOCK!

Face the facts: Our OL, OC, and OL coach absolutely BLOW.

You are correct that Heath and the RB were kept in to block. But, that was mostly a halftime adjustment. There was very little max protect in the first half when the Eagles got most of their sacks. Quite often there were four receiving options for Ben in the first half. When the d blitzed 6-7 guys, he needed to recognize this and throw immediately. He didn't always do that. Some of those sacks Ben had no chance. On a few, he needed to throw the ball more quickly. Ben has never been great at reading defenses quickly. He likes to wait until the coverage breaks down. Over the years, he has gotten better. But, he still has to improve. I don't blame Ben for the sacks, but I do think his indecision contributed to 2-4 of them. Finally, Arians needs to give him more quick options, RB check downs that make defenses pay for blitzing 5-7 guys, and a few screen passes that actually work. Arians and the line are handcuffing a very good QB.