PDA

View Full Version : A lot of questions to be answered

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-21-2008, 07:28 PM
It's early in the season. We're probably going to win the AFC North. Maybe when they break down the film they'll see things that can be fixed (missed assignments) over time.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
It's early in the season. We're probably going to win the AFC North. Maybe when they break down the film they'll see things that can be fixed (missed assignments) over time.

Not if we play even ONE series as bad as this whole game was we wont.

This team SUCKED today and it was embarrassing to watch/even be a fan of this team this week.

And what do I mean by that? This team was such an embarrassment that they violated everything that the Steelers ARE/WERE as a team. I have not see a Steeler game this horrible where the team showed NO heart and the coaching staff showed ZERO improvement maybe ever.

This team is disgusting.

RussBII
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM

This team SUCKED today and it was embarrassing to watch/even be a fan of this team this week.

And what do I mean by that? This team was such an embarrassment that they violated everything that the Steelers ARE/WERE as a team. I have not see a Steeler game this horrible where the team showed NO heart and the coaching staff showed ZERO improvement maybe ever.

This team is disgusting.

Dude, come back in off the ledge. The offense looked bad, maybe even horrible, enough said. This isn't even close to the worst team I've ever seen. And even if it was in the running for that title, one game is not enough proof.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM

This team is disgusting.

Dude, come back in off the ledge. The offense looked bad, maybe even horrible, enough said. This isn't even close to the worst team I've ever seen. And even if it was in the running for that title, one game is not enough proof.

Maybe I should have said the OL is the worst I have seen in a LONG time and the OC/OL coach suck a$$ too.

AngryAsian
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM

This team is disgusting.

Maybe I should have said the OL is the worst I have seen in a LONG time and the OC/OL coach suck a$$ too.

I'm pretty much an optimist.... but I have to agree with benny on this point. The OC/OL are officially on the ninja's to do list..... as in do in. They both blow.

RussBII
09-21-2008, 07:53 PM

This team is disgusting.

I'm pretty much an optimist.... but I have to agree with benny on this point. The OC/OL are officially on the ninja's to do list..... as in do in. They both blow.

I agree for the most part, but to say the whole team sucks is inaccurate.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
No, just the OL, OC, and OL coach.

DukieBoy
09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Arians answer the the Eagles 8-in-the-box, zone blitz 6 or 7, was to keep in FWP whose big weakness is blitz pickup and blocking, and to keep in Heath Miller whose pass receiving on short routes behind the box could have forced the Eagles to change their strategy. And he failed to use slants and short outs with two receivers who can run such routes well (Santonio and Hines). His one pitch-out for a wide swwep was to the slowest back on the team (Davis). And his running game was mostly FWP between the tackles running fight into the teeth of the 8-box defense. How can the O-line possibly look good in that context?

NKySteeler
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
A disappointing outing to say the least..... Balt, Jax, and the bye week might prove to be a bit of a resbit, and Cincy will possibly be a weak intro back into the mix, but the sched is brutal from there on out... We will have our hands full.

NC Steeler Fan
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Look, we've all been walking on eggshells when it comes to the O-line
for some time now.

This is nothing new and has been an ongoing concern for numerous
years in a row. How many times has Ben been sacked and under
pressure only to hear him "compliment" his O-line or take the heat
for holding on to the ball too long?

How long have excuses or some other crap about "gelling" gotten in the
way of calling it like it is?

Well, could it be, however, that this is exactly the wake up call our O-line
and coaches needed? Especially this early in the season? With all the
other talent we have and as well as our D played to keep us in it?

Look, I'm as disgusted as the next guy/gal, but I sure as hell hope that
THIS game lights a fire under someone, somebody, anybody who can
prevent that kind of absolute failure to protect Ben.

This is one game they 100% can't hide from or excuse in any manner. Let's
hope this is a test Tomlin and co. can pass....