PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial game balls: Week 3

SteelTorch
09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, no doubt about it, this was VERY bad. Nevertheless, here it goes:

Offense:

Skippy! As sad as that sounds, he scored the only points on our team. This was very hard, because I can't think of one person on our "real" offense who actually did well.

As for the rest of the O, words can't describe my disappointment. Like I said in the game thread, the O-line should be fined for the way they played. I can't think of a good second-place candidate, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Big Ben, just because he had nothing to work with and easily could have done much worse. But honestly, even he could have done better.

Defense:

James Farrior. This was a little easier. With 7 tackles and a forced fumble that negated what could have easily been another score, he gets my vote.

Runners up:

B-Mac. If Farrior hadn't gotten the forced fumble, he would have gotten my vote with his interception, 5 tackles and 1 assist.

Troy Polamalu/Larry Foote: Foote had 1.5 sacks, while Troy had his third straight INT in 3 games. Just shows again what he can do when healthy. Welcome back, Troy! Nicely done, Foote!

All in all, if it wasn't for our O's terrible performance, this could have easily been a win. We did a great job of containing the Eagle's offense. Special teams once again looked solid, definitely better than last week. I'm disappointed, but it's not like we were going to go undefeated anyway. The O-line and Arians (especially the line) have to get their act together, because they are bringing the rest of the team down. The only reason I'm not as worried as I could be is because I've seen them play better, and I think they can get better. But it has to be done yesterday.

Not much we can do except learn from this and move on. The rest of the season isn't going to get any easier.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM

Offense:

Skippy! As sad as that sounds, he scored the only points on our team. This was very hard, because I can't think of one person on our "real" offense who actually did well.

As for the rest of the O, words can't describe my disappointment. Like I said in the game thread, the O-line should be fined for the way they played. I can't think of a good second-place candidate, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Big Ben, just because he had nothing to work with and easily could have done much worse. But honestly, even he could have done better.

Defense:

James Farrior. This was a little easier. With 7 tackles and a forced fumble that negated what could have easily been another score, he gets my vote.

Runners up:

B-Mac. If Farrior hadn't gotten the forced fumble, he would have gotten my vote with his interception, 5 tackles and 1 assist.

Troy Polamalu/Larry Foote: Foote had 1.5 sacks, while Troy had his third straight INT in 3 games. Just shows again what he can do when healthy. Welcome back, Troy! Nicely done, Foote!

All in all, if it wasn't for our O's terrible performance, this could have easily been a win. We did a great job of containing the Eagle's offense. Special teams once again looked solid, definitely better than last week. I'm disappointed, but it's not like we were going to go undefeated anyway. The O-line and Arians (especially the line) have to get their act together, because they are bringing the rest of the team down. The only reason I'm not as worried as I could be is because I've seen them play better, and I think they can get better. But it has to be done yesterday.

Not much we can do except learn from this and move on. The rest of the season isn't going to get any easier.

Completely disagree.

There were NO game balls for today. This was disgusting.

Shawn
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Game ball? I didn't see one player on offense that deserved their paycheck let alone a game ball.

Mel Blount's G
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Game ball ==> for philthy goes to the punter

SteelTorch
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Game ball? I didn't see one player on offense that deserved their paycheck let alone a game ball.
Did you read the thread? :?

SteelTorch
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Completely disagree.

We held Philly to 15 points (would have been 12 had it not been for the safety). Blame the offense all you want, but at least the D showed up to play.

RussBII
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM

Offense:

Defense:

Runners up:

Completely disagree.

Didn't watch when we were on defense, eh? The D played good, they pressured McNabb, and stopped the run with that monster O-Line of Philly.

I'll concede that the offense shouldn't necessarily get a game ball. Maybe Ben should simply for not crying ala Kordell... Then again, I'm starting to worry that maybe he is incapable of getting rid of the ball quickly... ever. However, it's tough to tell, because the Philly D had unblocked rushers several times...

Shawn
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Did you read the thread? :?

Yep...and I was agreeing with you.

AngryAsian
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Game Balls:

Troy- 3 ints in 3 games

The Defense- contained that high powered offense that racked up 30+ on Dallas.

The offense didn't come to play.

The offensive coordinator, the line coach and the whole offensive line should be beaten.... oh yeah they were, by an inferior team with superior coordinators. Jim Johnson should be a head coach some where. The guy is defensive genius with a 4-3. I hope we play well next week, because the Ratbirds are going to come in full of themselves.

BigBen2112
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Offense:

Defense:

Runners up:

Completely disagree.

Didn't watch when we were on defense, eh? The D played good, they pressured McNabb, and stopped the run with that monster O-Line of Philly.

I'll concede that the offense shouldn't necessarily get a game ball. Maybe Ben should simply for not crying ala Kordell... Then again, I'm starting to worry that maybe he is incapable of getting rid of the ball quickly... ever. However, it's tough to tell, because the Philly D had unblocked rushers several times...

Ok...give the game ball to the D and then subtract two for the OL and OC being absolutely awful.

We lose game balls for this game...and actually I think that the Eagles TOOK our balls if you know what I mean.

The OL definitely did not play like men today.

Steelhere10
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
game balls go to the offense line, Ariens and the o line coach. ooppps i was thinking this was the Eagle game balls

birtikidis
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
i htought woodley played a pretty good game.

eniparadoxgma
09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree with the OP.

Troy's interception was INSANE btw.

Flasteel
09-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I've got two game balls and Bruce Arians can suck both of them.

Steel Life
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
The "Game Ball" should go to......................................Bruce Arians - if only to remind him what game he was supposed to be coaching today. :HeadBanger

SteelTorch
09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
:lol:

costanza2k1
09-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Classic!

blacknblue80s
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Timmons made a couple of spectacular plays and was playing more than his usual 3rd down duties.

stlrz d
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Game, not gamey.

Jigawatts
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Troy for the flying one handed super man grab and the half tackle he made
with his arms behind his back. Those were both amazing.

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Before they showed the replays of the INT, I said "There is no freakin' way he caught that."

I'm surprised that you are the first person that I've seen bring up the other play. My wife was reading the newspaper, and I yelled at her, "Did he just tackle a guy BACKWARDS?!?!" I had to rewind it and make her rewatch it, like 3 times, just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

ikestops85
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM

Game, not gamey.

Now that was funny http://www.smileyskit.com/affection/rofl2.gif http://www.smileyskit.com/affection/groupwave1.gif

Troy for the flying one handed super man grab and the half tackle he made with his arms behind his back. Those were both amazing.

:Agree with that and add that one hit he had on the TE ... I don't know how that guy held on to that ball.

Jigawatts
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I wish I would have recorded the game for the interception and backwards tackle alone.

But, as Grandpa Gustafson says, "you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and
see which gets filled first." :lol:

If anyone finds those highlights, please post a link. :Cheers

AngryAsian
09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I wish I would have recorded the game for the interception and backwards tackle alone.

But, as Grandpa Gustafson says, "you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and

That sounds like something in a fortune cookie. :lol:

Jigawatts
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM

That sounds like something in a fortune cookie. :lol:

Where do you get your fortune cookies? Oh yeah, House of Tang. :lol:

AngryAsian
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Where do you get your fortune cookies? Oh yeah, House of Tang. :lol:

No, that's an NKy hangout. I actually had to force him to come and stand for the picture. He gets his fortunes at House of Dang. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steeler Mafia
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Arians should be teabagged and kicked to the curb!!!! :loser

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2008, 04:31 PM

I think there were more highlights from the Grumpy Old Men movies than there were from this game.

http://beingamomisgreat.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/warner-image-mptvnet-grumpy-old-men-1993.png

Burgess Meredith made those movies. Is he most famous for his role as the Penguin, from the Rocky movies, or for the classic Grandpa Gustafson quotes?

"Relax. Kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel, then you can start worrying." :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
"Relax. Kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel, then you can start worrying." :lol:

ROFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while.

Needed that after this weekend's game for sure!

stlrz d
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Before they showed the replays of the INT, I said "There is no freakin' way he caught that."

I'm surprised that you are the first person that I've seen bring up the other play. My wife was reading the newspaper, and I yelled at her, "Did he just tackle a guy BACKWARDS?!?!" I had to rewind it and make her rewatch it, like 3 times, just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I mentioned it in the game thread...I couldn't freaking believe it!

MeetJoeGreene
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I agree with the premise of this thread.

Give TWO game balls to the defense and NONE to the offense to send a message.

Jigawatts
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Burgess Meredith made those movies. Is he most famous for his role as the Penguin, from the Rocky movies, or for the classic Grandpa Gustafson quotes?

Definalty Rocky, I didn't even know he was the penguin up until a few years ago. :oops:

Those quotes from Grumpy Old Men were classics. :lol:

buckeyehoppy
09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
A couple days late, but this'll do:

Offense: F--- the O...it was offensive alright...to paraphrase the Soup Nazi: "NO GAME BALLS FOR YOU!" :moon

Defense: A little more to think of here, but my vote goes to #43. That INT was insane. Same goes for the backwards tackle. Hoobah for Hairboy!!! :tt2

Special Teams: Jeff Reed. He accounts for all 6 points, including a 54 yarder. :tt1

Arians, Zierlein and the entire Steelers OL owe Steeler Universe a public apology for that bull$#!+ excuse of a "performance".

SteelTorch
09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
A couple days late, but this'll do:

Offense: F--- the O...it was offensive alright...to paraphrase the Soup Nazi: "NO GAME BALLS FOR YOU!" :moon

Defense: A little more to think of here, but my vote goes to #43. That INT was insane. Same goes for the backwards tackle. Hoobah for Hairboy!!! :tt2

Special Teams: Jeff Reed. He accounts for all 6 points, including a 54 yarder. :tt1

Arians, Zierlein and the entire Steelers OL owe Steeler Universe a public apology for that bull$#!+ excuse of a "performance".
I still like my idea of fining them for their poor performance. 8)

Hey, that's an idea! Maybe for every sack Big Ben takes, everyone on the offense has to pay $100. Including Arians. Think that'll get them motivated? If money becomes a problem, they can deduct it from Starks' salary. 8)