PDA

View Full Version : I wanted the "Killswitch" when Clark went down last Sunday

Mel Blount's G
09-20-2008, 07:50 PM
The play where Potsy ended up giving a stained fan the Salute. I was thinking, "Hmmmm, I hope A-tony comes in now and decapitates Winslow or Edwards."

Which brings me to a couple of trivial points:

a) Having a-tony back there is fun, for me as a fan. Plain and simple. You know the possibility is always there for him to become a missile and blow someone up. I like that idea. Just the idea that he may leave a receiver laying dismembered on the field because they caught or attempted to catch a pass in our defensive backfield. Is this wrong? Am I the typical male barbarian sports fan? I like these kinds of (legal) hits in hockey too.

b) I have completely moved on from a-tony's mental meltdown during last year's game against the pats***. The pre-game comments were twisted, contorted and blown way out of context by the media. And the pats*** last year simply had the firepower to pick on an individual db if they wanted to and they did, adding fuel to a-tony's comments

Also, the hines-hit-training camp b.s. was blown way way out of proportion by the local media. Ridiculous

c) I've come to really like Ryan Clark as a Steeler. The fact that he bounced back from having an internal organ crushed and removed gives him respect. And then he came back and won his spot from the young up-and-comer. More respect. But what really made him a steeler for me this year was when he stuck up for anthony smith in the media after the hines-hit thing. That's a capital T Teammate right there. Steeler Stylee

Anyway, just rambling thoughts as I'm getting pumped for the game tomorrow. Hope we get a decent Steeler Nation turn-out in Philthadelphia!
:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

sd steel
09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
The play where Potsy ended up giving a stained fan the Salute. I was thinking, "Hmmmm, I hope A-tony comes in now and decapitates Winslow or Edwards."

Which brings me to a couple of trivial points:

a) Having a-tony back there is fun, for me as a fan. Plain and simple. You know the possibility is always there for him to become a missile and blow someone up. I like that idea. Just the idea that he may leave a receiver laying dismembered on the field because they caught or attempted to catch a pass in our defensive backfield. Is this wrong? Am I the typical male barbarian sports fan? I like these kinds of (legal) hits in hockey too.

b) I have completely moved on from a-tony's mental meltdown during last year's game against the pats***. The pre-game comments were twisted, contorted and blown way out of context by the media. And the pats*** last year simply had the firepower to pick on an individual db if they wanted to and they did, adding fuel to a-tony's comments

Also, the hines-hit-training camp b.s. was blown way way out of proportion by the local media. Ridiculous

c) I've come to really like Ryan Clark as a Steeler. The fact that he bounced back from having an internal organ crushed and removed gives him respect. And then he came back and won his spot from the young up-and-comer. More respect. But what really made him a steeler for me this year was when he stuck up for anthony smith in the media after the hines-hit thing. That's a capital T Teammate right there. Steeler Stylee

Anyway, just rambling thoughts as I'm getting pumped for the game tomorrow. Hope we get a decent Steeler Nation turn-out in Philthadelphia!
:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

Right with you Bro.