PDA

View Full Version : Woodley Fined....no Rogers fine yet?

Iron Shiek
09-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Okay this is complete bull$hit if the next fine doled out isn't to Rogers. What? Just because the refs didn't see the hit, he doesn't get fined? Phuckin NFL better get this right...

Steelers: Woodley fined

09/20/08 10:35 AM
THE NEWS
Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley was fined $7,500 for a hit on Browns quarterback Derek Anderson because he "unnecessarily drove the opposing quarterback to the ground," according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
Our View
Woodley was called for roughing the passer on the play. The NFL is notoriously tough on defensive players who touch quarterbacks, and if Woodley can get in the backfield as much as people think he will, this won't be the last check he writes to the NFL.

Jooser
09-20-2008, 12:42 PM
:wft

This league gets worse every year. Screw them!

Mel Blount's G
09-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow. Just wow. I can't believe this. Looked like to me in slow-mo Wood let up from driving DA into the turf. I'm speechless...

Mel Blount's G
09-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Okay this is complete bull$hit if the next fine doled out isn't to Rogers. What? Just because the refs didn't see the hit, he doesn't get fined? Phuckin NFL better get this right...
They fined plenty of hits in the past that were not penalized during the game

I'm curious as to whether the brown's made a stink, sent in film, etc.. on this or if this is completely the league's initiative. Either way the league is certainly not consistent with doling out these types of fines or even calling the penalties (as was obvious from the game)

I hope the steelers do NOT make a stink and send in film, etc... proving rogers deserves a fine. Let there next game in the 'burgh be their punishment :twisted: :brownssuck

SteelTorch
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Wow. Just wow. I can't believe this. Looked like to me in slow-mo Wood let up from driving DA into the turf. I'm speechless...
I think you took the words out of my mouth. :?

Goodell once again shows what an incompetent douchebag he is.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I think you took the words out of my mouth. :?

Goodell once again shows what an incompetent douchebag he is.

:Agree , except you mispelled his name, it is " Goodell* " .

anger 82&95
09-20-2008, 02:33 PM
On ESPN there was a consensus that the hit on Big Ben was late, intentional and in dire need of some type of league intervention. I canít fathom why the league has taken no action, but I guarantee the Steelers will have no problems whatsoever with their memory retention during the next Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland game.

Iron Shiek
09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1l6z4ubz]Okay this is complete bull$hit if the next fine doled out isn't to Rogers. What? Just because the refs didn't see the hit, he doesn't get fined? Phuckin NFL better get this right...
They fined plenty of hits in the past that were not penalized during the game

I'm curious as to whether the brown's made a stink, sent in film, etc.. on this or if this is completely the league's initiative. Either way the league is certainly not consistent with doling out these types of fines or even calling the penalties (as was obvious from the game)

I hope the steelers do NOT make a stink and send in film, etc... proving rogers deserves a fine. Let there next game in the 'burgh be their punishment :twisted: :brownssuck[/quote:1l6z4ubz]

I'm pretty sure I saw on another thread that the Steelers sent in film of the Rogers hit on Ben to the league. I don't recall the source of that however.

Either way...the league just sent out that memo regarding safety of players being number one priority last week. That combined with the "protect the qb" mandate that all refs are supposed to be abiding by should be a no brainer. This is ridiculous. I don't even care about Rogers having to pay money. I want there to 1) have some consistency in the calls and B.) Do something to avoid these hits rather than having to fine people.

Iron Shiek
09-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll take it a step further and say that Rogers should even have a game suspension...if that is even part of the potential punishments available for the league to dole out.

There was clear intent to injure...way after the play happened. And I guarantee the lateness of the hit can be summarized by the fact that there was no flag. One of the officials have a clear responisibility to "only" watch the qb through the entire throwing motion and even after the ball is gone. The fact that no flag was even thrown and no official saw the hit is clearly an indication that the hit was late. Not even mentioning him going after the injured shoulder, which was evident.

At least Woodley's hit was "part of the play", meaning the official was still looking at the qb.

Do your job NFL.

Discipline of Steel
09-20-2008, 03:51 PM
All I can say was that Woodley's hit appeared to be a follow through of a near sack. I attribute it to his aggressiveness in getting to the QB. Rogers looked like a tub of lard who lurched at Ben two steps after the ball was out of his hand. His appeared to be more of maliscious intent. I know Im a homer but the two plays had a stark contrast between football player and street thug. Rogers is about to join my short list of total football jerks which includes Meion, Irvin, TO, RayRay, and well...thats it.

anger 82&95
09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
All I can say was that Woodley's hit appeared to be a follow through of a near sack. I attribute it to his aggressiveness in getting to the QB. Rogers looked like a tub of lard who lurched at Ben two steps after the ball was out of his hand. His appeared to be more of maliscious intent. I know Im a homer but the two plays had a stark contrast between football player and street thug. Rogers is about to join my short list of total football jerks which includes Meion, Irvin, TO, RayRay, and well...thats it.I agree that the dude is a thug. I mean any later with the hit and the tub of lard would have been tackling Roethlisberger on the plane ride back to Pittsburgh.