PDA

View Full Version : Ed Hochuli, the best and most humble referee.

BigBen2112
09-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I sent Ed an email after he came out and said how much hate mail he's been receiving and how horrible he feels...AND how he's answered EVERY SINGLE piece of Hate mail b/c he has RESPECT for the FANS AND THE GAME.

This was his response to me:

First of all, I'm sorry this response is so short, but I have been
overwhelmed with emails of support, like yours. In fact, I've received
thousands of emails since yesterday morning. I can not tell you how
humbling it is to have received this kind of support from folks like
you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write me. I really do
appreciate your words of support. I will forever regret the mistake I
made this past Sunday, but the kind words of support have helped me deal
with it, learn from it, and begin to move on.
Thank you so much,
Ed Hochuli

A REAL class act. :Clap :Clap :Clap

From Steeler Nation to you, Ed, I say you are without a doubt the best and you have at least MY support! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

steelcityrules!!
09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
talk about the best actually being accountable for their actions.
this is a true role model for the league, and dirt-bag goodell should take hochuli's personal playbook and memorize it.

I've already given up on belicheat, he can just die.

BigBen2112
09-19-2008, 09:09 PM
talk about the best actually being accountable for their actions.
this is a true role model for the league, and dirt-bag goodell should take hochuli's personal playbook and memorize it.

I've already given up on belicheat, he can just die.

Hochuli is the best!

Iron Shiek
09-19-2008, 11:10 PM
That is pretty cool.

Speaking of Hochuli, NFLN is showing the Packers-Cowboys NFC Championship game from 1995 right now. Late hit by Leon Lett on Winters and lo and behold who's making the call: a slim Ed Hochuli!!! I nearly shat myself because he looks so skinny. Just think of how awkward Barry Bonds looks when you see pictures of him in his Pirates uniform. Its that weird!

But Ed's refereeing dominance has spanned a long time. I mean come on, he was doing a Championship game in 1995. That shows he's been a top ref longer than many players' NFL lifespans. So I don't see how people are calling for his head on one mistake. His track record more than makes up for it.

EDIT: Ugh! The Fat Walrus wasn't fat either roaming the Packers sidelines.

kennyes
09-20-2008, 06:03 AM
I sent Ed an email after he came out and said how much hate mail he's been receiving and how horrible he feels...AND how he's answered EVERY SINGLE piece of Hate mail b/c he has RESPECT for the FANS AND THE GAME.

you.
Thank you so much,
Ed Hochuli

From Steeler Nation to you, Ed, I say you are without a doubt the best and you have at least MY support! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

sorry, double post. :oops:

kennyes
09-20-2008, 06:11 AM

you.
Thank you so much,
Ed Hochuli

Very cool and thanks for sharing Benny... Can you also share Ed's email cause I'd also like to send a positive jesture. It's always somewhat relief when Hochuli or Carey officiate . The rest suck anyway! :shock:

Kind of... :D

Anyway, this may actually be a blessing in disguise and could possibly obliterate a fukcing stupid rule to begin with... Therefore ED I applaud you. :Bow

NorthCoast
09-20-2008, 09:15 AM
It is a sad commentary the guy is being dressed down so badly for ONE call over an entire career of good calls. It was a mistake plain and simple. You cannot erase an entire career of good judgment by one play. If that is the case, you will be left with a bunch of 2 yr refs cycling in and out of the league....then watch the poor calling happen!

And it's not like it gave Donkeys the game, SD defense DID allow them to score (twice).