PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

stlrz d
09-18-2008, 07:40 AM
I think it will be a close game, but their pass rush will be too much to overcome...they come after Ben with a vengeance. As a result, FWP will have a good game and the Steelers will battle, but it won't be enough and they'll fall just short. It'll be a hard hitting affair, but in the end the Eagles come out on top 24-21. :( :( :( :( :(

Oviedo
09-18-2008, 07:44 AM
This will be very close. The team that can get to the QB most effectively will win. Philly blitzes more than we do. If we can't protect Ben then they win.

I also think Special Teams play will be huge in this game. The team that falters and lets up the big play will lose.

I'm thinking Steelers win 20-17.

proudpittsburgher
09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Gotta say I'm a bit worried about this one. I'll take the Steelers and the points, but not sure about the actual outcome. I will say that McNabb and Westbrook won't run as rampant as they did against Dallas and St. Louis, and if their defense played like it did last week, I'm taking the Steelers. It looks to be a really, really good game, though.

Iron Shiek
09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Remember that Philly coming off a hard fought LOSS. It takes a toll to fight as hard as they did and come up short. Plus they are on a short week...advantage Steelers. Steelers don't have to travel far. Steelers whipped that azz last time the Eagles were highly touted. I think it could be tough for a bit but we could be underestimated in this one. We pull away at the end. My bold prediction: 30-10 Steelers. Ben finally gets the leash taken off and everyone starts talking about us after this one.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Close game. Down to the wire. Not the shootout that the Philly-Dallas game was, though. We are up 14-3 at the half, and hold on to win 24-20.

rpmpit
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
34-13 Steelers

Djfan
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
This is one I am afraid to call. I can see either team winning. It really depends on how we start.

It seems that the passing game we have should be explosive and potent. I bet that our D will be tougher than what Dallas gave them. I see McNabb going down a few times. If Bruce A calls a few quick throw passes and other change of pace plays, then the Eagles D will be second guessing more than they did last week.

They lost one for a reason. Let's exploit that reason.

Prediction: 27-20 us, predicted with fear and trembling.

ikestops85
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
For the third week in a row ...

Reed wins it on a last second FG.

mumbling 'I am not superstitious ... I am not superstitious' as he stands and walks around his chair 3 times oblivious to the stares of his co-workers. :shock: :D

Discipline of Steel
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I do not fear or tremble. There is no mercy for the weak. The SteelMen will do their work and come out as winners in an excellant game. Close until the end...we pull away with 2 TD in the 4th Q 31-17. Ben is Legend.

papillon
09-18-2008, 03:14 PM
The Steelers defense continues its good play and causes McNabb to get happy feet. It isn't going to be as easy passing on the Steelers as the Cowboys. Ben has another good game and a solid effort from Willie. The Steelers win a thriller 24-23.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I do not fear or tremble. There is no mercy for the weak. The SteelMen will do their work and come out as winners in an excellant game. Close until the end...we pull away with 2 TD in the 4th Q 31-17. Ben is Legend.

You give me strength and courage, oh wise one!

Shawn
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I think the Steelers are hitting on all cylinders and smack the Eagles in the mouth.

34-17...Steelers

buckeyehoppy
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I love the fact that the Beagles are coming off a grueling road loss on a Monday night. The Steelers should have the confidence that comes from a hard fought road win against a divisional opponent.

Those things being said, I expect a close game that may go to the team who has possession last.

I will say Steelers, 23-21 on a Jeff Reed FG with just seconds left. That will put the guys at 3-0, which is very nice.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I love the fact that the Beagles are coming off a grueling road loss on a Monday night. The Steelers should have the confidence that comes from a hard fought road win against a divisional opponent.

Those things being said, I expect a close game that may go to the team who has possession last.

I will say Steelers, 23-21 on a Jeff Reed FG with just seconds left. That will put the guys at 3-0, which is very nice.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/petros42/Borat-VeryNice.jpg

AkronSteel
09-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I can't really get a feel for this game. Most of the time that is a good thing because usually when I can't get a read on the team or the opponent the Steelers end up playing real well.

On Offense: I think the most important part of this game is protecting Ben and picking up the Eagles variety of blitzes. They will come after him and test the OL. The RB's and WR's will need to be sharp with their hot routes and Ben will need to get rid of the ball quickly. I expect to see alot of Mewelde Moore in this game, he could be a dangerous asset against the Eagles if used properly. If the Steelers can establish a ground game with some consistency then that will aleviate alot of the blitzes. It would be nice if FWP and Mendy (yes, I said Rashard) can keep the Eagles honest in their defenses. I think that Heath and Santonio can have big days.

On Defense: It is imperative that the Steelers find a way to shut down Westbrook. I would expect to see LT play significant minutes in this game to shadow Westbrook, and I expect Troy will be responsible for that as well at times. The team needs to make sure that they do a good job on D Jackson as well, the kid can make sudden impact plays that can change the game. The Eagles don't have another WR that puts fear into anyone so I would expect that the Steelers would be able to roll coverage to Jackson's side on occasion for help over the top. I think that the Steelers will blitz DMac and see if that can rattle his cage early because when teams are successful against the Eagles they are usually able to get to the QB.

Prediction: I think that this will be a close game that comes down to the wire......I am going to say Steelers 27-21. I think with the Eagles short week and coming off an emotional game against Dallas, the Steelers will be able to get off to a good start and hold on when the Eagles make a late rally.

:2c

buckeyehoppy
09-18-2008, 06:46 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2008, 06:48 PM

I could have chosen this one instead:

http://data.boomerang.nl/g/grafisch-lyc-rot/image/very-nice-borat/large/very-nice-borat.JPG

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Time to show who's king of PA, not just the king of Prussia. :D

Steelers 30, Beagles 13

buckeyehoppy
09-18-2008, 11:13 PM

I could have chosen this one instead:

http://data.boomerang.nl/g/grafisch-lyc-rot/image/very-nice-borat/large/very-nice-borat.JPG

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Chadman
09-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Chadman predicts that the Steelers will play the Eagles this week.

Oviedo
09-19-2008, 07:37 AM

A very wise man :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2008, 09:58 AM

A very wise man :D

But if he made that prediction about the Ravens and Texans last weekend, he would have been wrong. :P

ikestops85
09-19-2008, 11:56 AM

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/OhNo/normal_cryingkoreans.jpg

steelcityrules!!
09-19-2008, 07:58 PM
how big of a loss is diesel this weekend?

I say pretty big, as he's played very well in my eyes, and is faster than our backups.
If woodley can get some pressure with his bullrush, it might force some turnovers. Ike has to blanket jackson, and miller has to treat dawkins like a rented mule...

it's miller time this weekend folks...

:Cheers