PDA

View Full Version : Eason feeling more comfortable

fordfixer
09-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Eason feeling more comfortable
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 18, 2008
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 88804.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_588804.html)

Nick Eason said he split about half of the snaps with Travis Kirschke at right defensive end after Brett Keisel left the Cleveland game with a calf injury. Eason doesn't know if the snaps will be divided the same way in Sunday's game at Philadelphia. "I've felt better, more comfortable. By being more comfortable in this defense, I'm able to play a little faster and with more confidence," said Eason, who joined the Steelers last season as a free agent.

Safety Troy Polamalu was named AFC defensive player of the week for his performance against Cleveland. Polamalu recorded his second inteception of the season and added four tackles, one tackle for a loss and two passes defensed.

According to center Justin Hartwig, the Steelers revamped offensive line passed an important test at Cleveland. "It was a good test for us to go on the road, play in a hostile environment where the noise was a factor," Hartwig said.

Several Steelers missed Wednesday's practice. Cornerback Deshea Townsend, who didn't play against Cleveland because of a heel injury, sat out as Bryant McFadden worked with the first team. Other players who didn't practice: guard Chris Kemoeatu (ankle), linebackers James Farrior (back) and Donovan Woods (hamstring), and receiver Hines Ward (coach's decision). Nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin) was limited in practice.

Digits

23 -- Points allowed by the Steelers after two games in 2008.

10 -- Points allowed by the Steelers after two games in 2007.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
Back to headlines

rpmpit
09-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Eason feeling more comfortable
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 18, 2008
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 88804.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_588804.html)

Nick Eason said he split about half of the snaps with Travis Kirschke at right defensive end after Brett Keisel left the Cleveland game with a calf injury. Eason doesn't know if the snaps will be divided the same way in Sunday's game at Philadelphia. "I've felt better, more comfortable. By being more comfortable in this defense, I'm able to play a little faster and with more confidence," said Eason, who joined the Steelers last season as a free agent.

Safety Troy Polamalu was named AFC defensive player of the week for his performance against Cleveland. Polamalu recorded his second inteception of the season and added four tackles, one tackle for a loss and two passes defensed.

According to center Justin Hartwig, the Steelers revamped offensive line passed an important test at Cleveland. "It was a good test for us to go on the road, play in a hostile environment where the noise was a factor," Hartwig said.

Several Steelers missed Wednesday's practice. Cornerback Deshea Townsend, who didn't play against Cleveland because of a heel injury, sat out as Bryant McFadden worked with the first team. Other players who didn't practice: guard Chris Kemoeatu (ankle), linebackers James Farrior (back) and Donovan Woods (hamstring), and receiver Hines Ward (coach's decision). Nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin) was limited in practice.

Digits

23 -- Points allowed by the Steelers after two games in 2008.

10 -- Points allowed by the Steelers after two games in 2007.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
Back to headlines

Did I ever tell you guys I met Nick Eason's cousin??? 8)

The points allowed for the first two games are a bit skewed because of the Houston game. If Ben doesn't fumble and they get the field goal, I think we play for the shutout. Because of those three points, we pull our starters and let them score those two garbage tds.