PDA

View Full Version : What Games Will You Be Attending This Season?

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Stand and be counted. Besides SteelerNation1 (we all know he's a permanent fixture)... which games will you all be attending this season?

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 06:23 PM
@ Cincy for sure.

Maybe @ the Titans (to be determined due to the date 12/21 -Damn Holiday season)

:HeadBanger

LasVegasGuy
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Stand and be counted. Besides SteelerNation1 (we all know he's a permanent fixture)... which games will you all be attending this season?

Browns @ Steelers Dec 28th. I really thought this game was going to come down to the division. The way it looks now in the AFC North the Steelers may play their 3rd stringers and rest their starters for the playoffs.

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM

Browns @ Steelers Dec 28th. I really thought this game was going to come down to the division. The way it looks now in the AFC North the Steelers may play their 3rd stringers and rest their starters for the playoffs.

There is kind of a Catch -22 with the game your attending. On one hand, you would love to have a playoff like atmosphere for this game, but on the other hand if the Steelers were to rest the starters, would mean things are going good for the team!

LasVegasGuy
09-17-2008, 06:44 PM

There is kind of a Catch -22 with the game your attending. On one hand, you would love to have a playoff like atmosphere for this game, but on the other hand if the Steelers were to rest the starters, would mean things are going good for the team!

Your right. I guess I could always hope that we are still fighting for the #1 or #2 spot in the AFC.

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Your right. I guess I could always hope that we are still fighting for the #1 or #2 spot in the AFC.

I have a feeling we will be playing for the #1 & #2 seed with the Colts and/or Denver.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
@ Tennessee

that game we lost at dudley field still breaks my heart.

there have been some great games in nashville and i think this year will be no different.

fordfixer
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
None :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

costanza2k1
09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
15 us of will be flying in from CA for the Dallas game...so if anyone wants to hook up either Sat night or during the game for a drink or two let me know.

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
None. If things got better at work I was thinking of driving down to the 'burgh for a game weekend just to be there, but when you sell supplies to the trucking industry, and when fuel prices are through the roof...well, things aren't going to get better at work. :(

Not for a long time. :( :( :(

Lebsteel
09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
The Bungals game in Cinci on Oct 19. I'm hoping the crowd will be about 75% Steeler fans by then!

AkronSteel
09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't have tickets for the Steelers this year!!! I got locked out by Ticketmaster (I still don't wanna talk about it), and I refuse to pay upwards of $300/ticket, so I will enjoy my Sunday Ticket. I do have season tickets for the Zips this year, not sure if that even counts as football but......I am trying to score some tickets for the Buckeyes for later on in the season but I don't know if it will be worth it now!!! I have just never been to The Shoe so it's something I wanna do. Plus I would like to see Beanie while in C-bus, he grew up just down the street from me.

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't have tickets for the Steelers this year!!! I got locked out by Ticketmaster (I still don't wanna talk about it), and I refuse to pay upwards of $300/ticket, so I will enjoy my Sunday Ticket. I do have season tickets for the Zips this year, not sure if that even counts as football but......I am trying to score some tickets for the Buckeyes for later on in the season but I don't know if it will be worth it now!!! I have just never been to The Shoe so it's something I wanna do. Plus I would like to see Beanie while in C-bus, he grew up just down the street from me.

Have you tried E-bay or Stub-Hub for the game in Cincy?

AkronSteel
09-17-2008, 08:02 PM

No I haven't!!! Is it worth it? What type of price will I be looking at?

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I may not be able to make it to the prime-time affairs against Baltimore and Cincy, but I will be at all of the others. What about you, AS? You started this thread. Will you be making the trek up for any games this season?

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 08:16 PM

No I haven't!!! Is it worth it? What type of price will I be looking at?

On Ebay, I got 4 tickets to the game in Cincy back in April. I paid about $150/ticket for seats in the 14th row in the top deck on about the 5 yrd line. They may be going for less now?? I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bengal fans selling their seats now that it appears THEY WILL SUCK.

:bungalssuck

buckeyehoppy
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
15 us of will be flying in from CA for the Dallas game...so if anyone wants to hook up either Sat night or during the game for a drink or two let me know.

Costanza, the Dallas game was one I had earmarked to go down for. It will either be that one and/or the Gints game.

However, I make it into Da 'Burgh for at least one game a year and be around the faithful. I normally just hang in the tailgate lot with a cooler before the game, then head over to the bar for the game. Was at Bubba's Ugly (kitty corner from PNC) for the Steelers/Clowns last year.

I haven't attended a NFL game since the last Steelers v. Clowns game at "the old" Stadium in Cleveland (1995). That's 13 years...and counting. To be truthful, I am not at all so pent up over going to a game that I need to cash the paycheck and just fork it over to a ticket broker and eat beans and weenies for the next two weeks. Not happenin'! The deal would have to be stellar for me to go to a game at this point in my life.

But hangin' in the Lot before the game, then continuing at the bar afterwards...now that's a good time!

SteelerNation1
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Besides SteelerNation1 (we all know he's a permanent fixture)...
:Hater ......Oh wait, that's a compliment! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM

Costanza, the Dallas game was one I had earmarked to go down for. It will either be that one and/or the Gints game.

However, I make it into Da 'Burgh for at least one game a year and be around the faithful. I normally just hang in the tailgate lot with a cooler before the game, then head over to the bar for the game. Was at Bubba's Ugly (kitty corner from PNC) for the Steelers/Clowns last year.

I haven't attended a NFL game since the last Steelers v. Clowns game at "the old" Stadium in Cleveland (1995). That's 13 years...and counting. To be truthful, I am not at all so pent up over going to a game that I need to cash the paycheck and just fork it over to a ticket broker and eat beans and weenies for the next two weeks. Not happenin'! The deal would have to be stellar for me to go to a game at this point in my life.

But hangin' in the Lot before the game, then continuing at the bar afterwards...now that's a good time!

"You men eat your dinner, eat your pork and beans;
I eats more chicken any man ever seen."
--Backdoor Man (Words by Willie Dixon, performed by Howlin' Wolf, 1960)

You'd better thank me for not making a Carson Palmer joke! :lol:

And before any of you make any backdoor man jokes, a backdoor man was the man who came in the back door when the husband went out the front door. Queerbait need not apply. :lol:

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I may not be able to make it to the prime-time affairs against Baltimore and Cincy, but I will be at all of the others. What about you, AS? You started this thread. Will you be making the trek up for any games this season?

Monday Night against Ray Ray and crew in about 10 days.... my first home game ever. I'll be the Hines Ward look-alike crying like a little byotch with a skinned knee. It will be a religious experience for me. Maybe I'll see some of you mugs there. If not... anybody who DVR the games and put it on DVD, please make me a copy so that, if by chance the camera is panning the stadium, there might be a glimpse of Hines' more asian brother in the stands. :lol:

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 09:29 PM

Monday Night against Ray Ray and crew in about 10 days.... my first home game ever. I'll be the Hines Ward look-alike crying like a little byotch with a skinned knee. It will be a religious experience for me. Maybe I'll see some of you mugs there. If not... anybody who DVR the games and put it on DVD, please make me a copy so that, if by chance the camera is panning the stadium, there might be a glimpse of Hines' more asian brother in the stands. :lol:

Very jealous. Steelers will be wearing the throwback & the weather should be fantastic!! My only time at Heinz was against Cleveland on a Thursday night 2 years ago. It was bone chilling cold, but Willie set the single game rushing record for a Steeler RB.

Enjoy yourself!

:Cheers

SteelerNation1
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM

You, SMG, and RPM better swing by my tailgate! You guys standing down in "The Nation" with the big boys??? I can almost guarantee you'll
a. be on TV or
b. have your mug captured by Trib and/or Post Gazette
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 09:43 PM

You, SMG, and RPM better swing by my tailgate! You guys standing down in "The Nation" with the big boys??? I can almost guarantee you'll
a. be on TV or

Are the throwback jerseys still being sold at the Steeler shops up there? On-line the pickings are slim so I was wondering if they have some stock at the stores. I hope you'll be serving some stir fry, sushi and fish heads at your tailgate. The ninjas are very picky about their dietary conditions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 09:48 PM

a. be on TV or

Are the throwback jerseys still being sold at the Steeler shops up there? On-line the pickings are slim so I was wondering if they have some stock at the stores. I hope you'll be serving some stir fry, sushi and fish heads at your tailgate. The ninjas are very picky about their dietary conditions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ebay it. You'll save a ton.

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 09:56 PM

a. be on TV or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA_pkf ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA_pkfLso&feature=related)

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 10:00 PM

a. be on TV or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA_pkf ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA_pkfLso&feature=related)

Its scary how your mind works.... kind of like the rest of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
AS - Wasn't everyone glued to the Dr. Dimento show on syndicated radio Sunday nights? :P

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:06 PM

a. be on TV or

Now, I won't be able to sleep. Thanks. :)

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:09 PM

a. be on TV or

You know it brother. Just hope there is some good cornholin goin' on. :lol:

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Is your name Mrs. Murphy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Q7hQgvVK4)?

Be careful! :lol:

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM

I'm not sure what I should be concerned about more.

-The fact that you actually found that video and watched it.
or How quickly you came up with it. :shock: :lol:

You are a bit twisted...My kind of person. :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM

I must admit that I even knew all the words to "Fish Heads"...and even the other classic that YouTube picked as a related video, "Dead Puppies," but the Benzadrine the Ovaltine song went over even my head.

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM

Thank you! :D

That's another Dr. Demento special!

Should I pull out Shaving Cream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk)? :D :D :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
[quote=ShawnMedGuy]

Should I pull out Shaving Cream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk)? :D :D :D[/quote:4d644iw9]

...be nice and clean...Shave everyday and you'll always look keen. :mrgreen:

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:24 PM
[quote=ShawnMedGuy]

Should I pull out Shaving Cream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk)? :D :D :D[/quote:1syks2m0]

:lol:

Ok...I didn't want to go here...but I have to bust out the most disturbing video I have ever seen. Yes...the magnificant classic. Rusty Spoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6PaSJm1U4Y

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
[quote=ShawnMedGuy]

Should I pull out Shaving Cream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk)? :D :D :D

Ok...I didn't want to go here...but I have to bust out the most disturbing video I have ever seen. Yes...the magnificant classic. Rusty Spoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6PaSJm1U4Y[/quote:34dlbaus]

Sweet...let's stick with the Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO10s_HK6d0) theme! :D

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:43 PM
:shock:

You win.

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 10:48 PM

You win.

How long do you have to sport that sig?

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 10:55 PM

You win.

I dunno...Rusty Spoons was pretty effing bizarre!

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:56 PM

You win.

I dunno...Rusty Spoons was pretty effing bizarre!

Yea...quite messed up.

Shawn
09-17-2008, 10:57 PM

You win.

Until Saturday night. :x

Ozey74
09-17-2008, 11:00 PM

You win.

That's not too bad.

Just wait to USC come to Columbus next year!!!

Shawn
09-17-2008, 11:02 PM

You win.

That's not too bad.

Well at least Pryor will be starting.

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM

You win.

That's not too bad.

Well at least Pryor will be starting.

Quit hijacking my thread with your B-League College team banter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

costanza2k1
09-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Well let me know if you're there we can hook up for a drink...that would be cool!

stlrz d
09-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Quit hijacking my thread with your B-League College team banter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's damn funny for a couple of reasons!

1) You're ripping Ohio State
2) The thread was hijacked a long time ago!

Nicely done sir, nicely done!

fordfixer
09-17-2008, 11:35 PM
None :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

May I change that to none in person but all in heart? :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2008, 11:51 PM

The term "hijacked thread" has jumped the shark.

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/JumpTheShark.jpg

It needs to be replaced by another phrase.

If someone is hijacking your thread, just type either one of the following sentences as a response post:

"Beware of the milky pirate"

http://www.mypodcast.com/fmimage-4-63966.jpeg

or

"But first, I'd like to caress this rusty kettle"

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15032_salad_fingers_the_game.png

We should put it up for a vote.

buckeyehoppy
09-18-2008, 12:02 AM

Well let me know if you're there we can hook up for a drink...that would be cool!

Since we're the only ones here that are still on topic. :lol: :moon :stirpot

We'll be in touch. I'm going to see if I can score ducats for an early season Pens game and scout out some locations for the games. I am leaning heavily in favor of the Dallas game at this point, since I may have some stuff going on right around when they play the Giants.

Shawn
09-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Kiss my ass to the both of ya's

:moon

:Hater

AngryAsian
09-18-2008, 01:51 AM

Kiss my ass to the both of ya's

:moon

:Hater

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rpmpit
09-18-2008, 07:28 AM

a. be on TV or

I can't be on TV or even photographed without my agent being contacted. Man, it really sux being a male model sometimes 8)

But yeah, sounds good. Can't wait for next Monday night!!!!!! :tt2 :tt1

And AS, like I told you, this will be one of the greatest experiences of your life. I'll never forget my first pilgrimage to Da'Burg. The best way I can describe it is that it felt like being home. The city is awesome and the people are great. You'll see!!!

SteelerNation1
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM

a. be on TV or

I don't really tailgate for the food...it's more for the booze, games, and FUN! Eating just gets in the way. :lol:

SteelerNation1
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM

a. be on TV or

Are you hitting on me??? :wft :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
09-18-2008, 09:32 AM

a. be on TV or

Are you hitting on me??? :wft :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:

frankthetank1
09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
the monday night game against the ravens will be my first trip to heinz field and i am so pumped up. i havent been to the burgh in a really long time. there is nothing like a steelers home game. im sick of the road games, even though im still planning on the pats steelers game this year as well

motter1975
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I won't make it to any of the home games this year, but I will be going to the Steelers @ Redskins game. One of the guys I work with is giving me the tickets as an early wedding present. No idea where they are, but I'm looking forward to the game. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

frankthetank1
09-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I won't make it to any of the home games this year, but I will be going to the Steelers @ Redskins game. One of the guys I work with is giving me the tickets as an early wedding present. No idea where they are, but I'm looking forward to the game. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

congratulations!! my wedding is actually sat. we are going to puerto rico then the burgh for the monday night game. my wife to be is a really good sport. i'll have some pics up when i get back

motter1975
09-18-2008, 10:56 AM

congratulations!! my wedding is actually sat. we are going to puerto rico then the burgh for the monday night game. my wife to be is a really good sport. i'll have some pics up when i get back

Congrats to you, too! Hope all goes well with the wedding! Enjoy the game!

I'm glad to finally be going to a Steelers game with my hubby to be. Since 2005, we've been to 3 Bears games (okay, one was a Bears/Steelers game), and I've rooted for the Bears (except the game they played the Steelers, obviously), so now it's his turn to see a Steelers game and root for my team.

Jigawatts
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I'll be at the bungles game in November. I had a master plan for all the games that I
wanted to get when they went on sale, but got shut down. So I kept trying and got
the bungles.

Is there some kind of underground Planet Steelers get together for the Ravens game that
no one told me about? It doesn't matter anyway. That's one of the games I tried to get,
but couldn't.

Oh well, Bungles November 20th. Look for me in section 526. If I'm not there, I'll be the
guy wandering around the south end zone looking for SN1. :lol: