PDA

View Full Version : Hysterical: Chris Cooley puts parts of playbook on his blog

BigBen2112
09-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Shocking (funny) apology from Chris Cooley
September 16, 2008 5:59 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Instead of basking in the glory of his team's comeback win over the Saints on Sunday, Redskins head coach Jim Zorn has been preparing to talk to his players about proper blogging protocol. As referenced by the great Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog fame, Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley issued an apology on his highly entertaining "Cooley Zone" blog for, among other things, posting a male body part for much of the day Sunday.

Fans searching Cooley's blog for fresh information may have been startled by the sight. But what Zorn is more upset about is the fact that Cooley posted part of the team's playbook on the blog. The double-byline team of Jason Reid and Jason La Canfora team up to write this story.

Here's a great quote from Zorn: "I think the rule of thumb that I'm going to have to contend with here is that if you have your own blog, and you're putting photos or you're even saying anything, that nothing really should be put in there that has Redskins playbook [on it]. That goes without saying. I think Chris used a little bit of poor discretion using that type of prop, if you will."

Cooley certainly crossed the line on his blog, but I hope he stays with it. It's become a must-read for Redskins fans, and it's also intriguing to opposing coaches.

I sat down with Cooley when I was at Redskins Park last month and we talked about his prolific blogging. He spends at least two hours a day updating his blog. I'm thinking Zorn might try to cut that number in half soon. When I last talked to Cooley, the offensive linemen for the Redskins were terrified of what he might write next.

There's something so rich about the head coach needing to address blogging. But it's not like the organization hasn't embraced the concept. They were the first team Web site to hire a full-time blogger. More to come on this important issue.

For now, we're holding off on inviting Cooley to join the ESPN.com Blog Network.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-3-109/Shocking--funny--apology-from-Chris-Cooley.html

WOW! That's REAL smart. :shock: :lol: :lol:

frankthetank1
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
what an idiot haha. thats so funny. i remember in the mid 90's when the late malik sealy was playing for the pacers and he left his playbook in a phone booth in nyc when the pacers were in town playing the knicks in a playoff series. thats the kind of comedy that you cant make up

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Modern technology doesn't necessarily increase the IQ of some neanderthals. :lol: :lol: :lol: