PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Eagles' Defense.... Scary

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 09:59 PM
This D is giving Dallas' offense all it can handle. Their front 4 and secondary look awfully scary. We've got our work cut out for us. I'm not going to get into how good their offense looks. Our secondary will have all they can handle this upcoming week. Thoughts?

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Short passes...lots of them.

Ozey74
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
The bomb from Romo to Owens in the first quarter put visions of Roethlisberger to Holmes in my head for this Sunday!

:tt2

SteelTorch
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Pressure, pressure, pressure. It's going to come down to containing McNabb. This is why the Keisel injury really sucks - he was actually good at getting pressure in the Houston game.

On offense, I'm not too worried. The O-line just has to be adequate in protecting Ben.

Nothing spectacular. Just do what we have to do.

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
The bomb from Romo to Owens in the first quarter put visions of Roethlisberger to Holmes in my head for this Sunday!

Thank you for that dose of optimism brother. I surely hope so. I'm cheering for them this week, because I detest no other franchise more than the Cowgirls. I want these NFC darlings to be crunched. All I keep hearing is that with the Pats* crippled, Dallas is the team of destiny. What a bunch of crap.

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
The Eagles could have a let down too...this is a big game early in the season on Monday night.

MeetJoeGreene
09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
The Eagles could have a let down too...this is a big game early in the season on Monday night.

$$

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM

I hope so my brothers. Going into hostile territory always has me a little on edge and our offense didn't look that "mobile" last night.

AkronSteel
09-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow, they look really good. Their offense looks like it is going to put up some points this year, very very impressed so far! Their defense on the other hand has not impressed me so much. I think it will be a good test for the Steelers. I like where the Steelers are at right now though, they have a real good mind set!!! I like how they are approaching their work. I think the fact that Philly is going to be on a short week could make a big difference, especially if this game tonight ends up being down to the wire either way. I can honestly say tonight I really don't care who wins this game. I hate both!!

Where's my Cowboys Suck Smiley when I need it? :D

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, they look really good. Their offense looks like it is going to put up some points this year, very very impressed so far! Their defense on the other hand has not impressed me so much. I think it will be a good test for the Steelers. I like where the Steelers are at right now though, they have a real good mind set!!! I like how they are approaching their work. I think the fact that Philly is going to be on a short week could make a big difference, especially if this game tonight ends up being down to the wire either way. I can honestly say tonight I really don't care who wins this game. I hate both!!

Arguably, the Cowgirls have one of the stoutest OL's in the game, and the Eagles' front 4 have been getting consistent pressure... reminds me of the G-men's front 4 last year. I hope Arians and crew are watching and game planning accordingly. Like stlrz d said.... a lot of short passes for our O this week.

AkronSteel
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Arguably, the Cowgirls have one of the stoutest OL's in the game, and the Eagles' front 4 have been getting consistent pressure... reminds me of the G-men's front 4 last year. I hope Arians and crew are watching and game planning accordingly. Like stlrz d said.... a lot of short passes for our O this week.

Remember AS, this is a divisional game and very emotional. This is the same Eagles team besides Asante Samuel that they have had for a while. They still have inexperienced LB's, like always, and are suseptible to the run game because they are so aggresive getting to the QB. If the Steelers run like they have in the first two weeks it will be hard to see Philly applying that much heat! The OL has looked pretty good this year, so far, I have watched improvement from week 1 to week 2, I think we will be fine!!! Heath Miller will be a big factor next week because B Dawkins is just slow!!

Discipline of Steel
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Eagles are amped playing Dallass on monday night. Maybe we get lucky and catch them on a letdown week... Should be a great game!

im glad I didnt play fantasy football this year so I can focus more on the teams and the story of each game and the season. I much prefer to discuss the details of my team than root for or against players I otherwise dont give a crap about. Glad I found this forum...

Flasteel
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM

I hope so my brothers. Going into hostile territory always has me a little on edge and our offense didn't look that "mobile" last night.

I'm thinking there won't be 60 MPH wind gusts in Philly next week either.

I just hope that Ben is okay. A 113 passer rating in those conditions, with a separated shoulder on top of it, was pretty friggin' amazing. The Dallas offense put up 17 points in the first half and had seven drives of more than 45 yards (including 86 and 72), so I'm not shaking in my boots over that Philly D.

Now McNabb on the other hand...that guy is what stirs the drink. We will need to bring far more heat than we did against the Clowns.

blacknblue80s
09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
IMO the Browns o-line is better than the Eagles'. Woodley owned Runyan in the preseason. :tt1

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
If the Cowboys win I win my office pick 'em pool. $40!

DukieBoy
09-15-2008, 11:15 PM

Isn't it sacrilege to do that?
I hate the Dulla$$ Cowpokers. It goes back th the '70's.
Rarely root for any other team, but it would be very sweet to see the Eagles beat them in their own house.
Hoping they have a let-down after winning this one and crap out next week in Philly. The are a solid team.

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 11:18 PM

Rarely root for any other team, but it would be very sweet to see the Eagles beat them in their own house.
Hoping they have a let-down after winning this one and crap out next week in Philly. The are a solid team.

I hate 'em, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pick against them when I think they'll win.

When it comes to putting money in my wallet I don't consider it sacrilege! :lol:

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm just stoked that Brian Westbrook is on my fantasy team. :lol:

DukieBoy
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1ao8qvoz]If the Cowboys win I win my office pick 'em pool. $40!

I hate 'em, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pick against them when I think they'll win.

When it comes to putting money in my wallet I don't consider it sacrilege! :lol:[/quote:1ao8qvoz]

Thanks. I feel a little bit better now.

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3crk8ru2]If the Cowboys win I win my office pick 'em pool. $40!

When it comes to putting money in my wallet I don't consider it sacrilege! :lol:

Thanks. I feel a little bit better now.[/quote:3crk8ru2]

Hey, I feel dirty too, but $40 is $40...and it's not like I'm wiping off my mouth or walking funny after! :lol:

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM
[quote="stlrz d":fy3ku5rc]If the Cowboys win I win my office pick 'em pool. $40!

Thanks. I feel a little bit better now.[/quote:fy3ku5rc]

You both are up for excommunication from The Nation.... cheering for quite possibly the most hated post season rival in Steeler history.

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/warpigelp/GomerPyle.jpg

DukieBoy
09-15-2008, 11:40 PM
[quote="stlrz d":29srgxkf]If the Cowboys win I win my office pick 'em pool. $40!

I hate the Dulla$$ Cowpokers. It goes back th the '70's.Rarely root for any other team, but it would be very sweet to see the Eagles beat them in their own house.

Thanks. I feel a little bit better now.

You both are up for excommunication from The Nation.... cheering for quite possibly the most hated post season rival in Steeler history.

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/warpigelp/GomerPyle.jpg[/quote:29srgxkf]

Hey AS. I wouldn't cheer for Dulla$$ under any circumstance I can think ot.

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I have to but your chops brother... lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.treehugger.com/us-money-photo.jpg

:Boobs

AngryAsian
09-16-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.treehugger.com/us-money-photo.jpg

:Boobs

Greenbacks are very good. The NFC East looks pretty nasty. Definitely not a good year to take this division on, but if we're to see what this team is made of, we have to go through the gauntlet. I think next week's game will be our first test. The Eagles have some horses on both sides of the ball. I hope the short week and the loss really takes a toll on them.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2008, 01:52 AM

Thank you for that dose of optimism brother. I surely hope so. I'm cheering for them this week, because I detest no other franchise more than the Cowgirls. I want these NFC darlings to be crunched. All I keep hearing is that with the Pats* crippled, Dallas is the team of destiny. What a bunch of crap.

How about we wait for Dallas to win one single playoff game in the past dozen years before we go on anointing them, eh? I love it when Erik Kuselius always points out on ESPN radio that all of the college freshmen in Dallas have been waiting since they were in kindergarten for their team to win a single playoff game. Awesome.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-16-2008, 10:05 AM
The Eagles D was kind of an enigma last night. They would do a stellar job on first and second downs, putting Dallas in a 3rd in long situation. Then, almost like they were a different D, they would not attack and allow the Cowboys an easy first down.

They even kept putting up the stats, and the broadcast never mentioned it. They would show the third down conversion percentage which was very good for Dallas, then the average number of yards to go, which was around 9 for Dallas.

BigBen2112
09-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Weren't the Eagles supposed to be the better team without a doubt a couple years ago WITH OWENS and didn't we destroy them?!

Just asking.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Weren't the Eagles supposed to be the better team without a doubt a couple years ago WITH OWENS and didn't we destroy them?!

Just asking.

Rookie Ben beating the undefeated Iggles a week after defeating the undefeated Asterisks? That's when it was firnly cemented that we truly had someone special under center for the first time in a few decades.

NorthCoast
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM

If you're talking beef, the Steelers OL is only 4 lbs lighter....

AngryAsian
09-17-2008, 09:50 PM

If you're talking beef, the Steelers OL is only 4 lbs lighter....

True, but our guys are built different. Gurode, their center is their shortest on the line standing at 6-5 and Marvel is our tallest at 6-5. I'm hoping the oompa loompa affect gives our guys more leverage with a low center of gravity helping out. :lol: :lol:

Snatch98
09-17-2008, 10:40 PM

Just a guess here but wouldn't the 50mph winds have something to do with our "lack of mobility"? :moon

SteelTorch
09-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Just a guess here but wouldn't the 50mph winds have something to do with our "lack of mobility"? :moon
Remember the Dolphins game from last year? Okay, so maybe that's an extreme example, but that just shows you how much bad weather can really affect an offense.

papillon
09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm just stoked that Brian Westbrook is on my fantasy team. :lol:

Confucius say, "Bench him this week!" :nono

Pappy

papillon
09-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Each game is an independent event and attempting to extrapolate the outcome of the Steelers vs Eagles based on what you saw in the Eagles vs Cowboys game is futile. Look, Dallas cleaned Cleveland's clock and made them look bad, the Steelers waltz into town and play a tight game that most thought would be a blowout.

Dallas' personnel is different than the Steelers, the coaching philosophy is different, etc. The Steelers will be fine and the game should be close; I like the Steelers 24-23 in a great game.

Pappy

stlrz d
09-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Each game is an independent event and attempting to extrapolate the outcome of the Steelers vs Eagles based on what you saw in the Eagles vs Cowboys game is futile. Look, Dallas cleaned Cleveland's clock and made them look bad, the Steelers waltz into town and play a tight game that most thought would be a blowout.

Dallas' personnel is different than the Steelers, the coaching philosophy is different, etc. The Steelers will be fine and the game should be close; I like the Steelers 24-23 in a great game.

Pappy

Hey! Put it in the prediction thread then! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:D :lol: :P