PDA

View Full Version : Keisel out 2 months

JAR
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
KDKA news just reported this, will link when I find one.

JAR
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08259/912385-100.stm

SteelTorch
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
F***.

If it's not one thing, it's another. This is the last thing we need with a schedule like ours. :x

And the guy looked like he was improved over last year, too! :evil:

pittpete
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Dam my son is a jinx.
He had Kiesels jersey on last Sunday while we were at the Hyde Park Steakhouse.
Brett came over to him and shook his hand and we took a pic with him when we left.
Friggin jinx :wft

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Injuries are injuries.....just roll along. We are far from being the NFL team most affected by them so far. This team will suck it up and move forward. Talking too much about injuries allows it to seem more acceptable to lose. That should not be the case.

Jom112
09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Dam my son is a jinx.
He had Kiesels jersey on last Sunday while we were at the Hyde Park Steakhouse.
Brett came over to him and shook his hand and we took a pic with him when we left.
Friggin jinx :wft

You mind if I send your son a Ghiaciuc jersey?

As for Kiesel, it's a tough break. He was having a really good season thus far (Although that could be said for almost anyone on your D-Line at this point)...

SteelerNation1
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
at least it's not a season ender. Eason and kirschke will step up. Maybe even Orpheus

birtikidis
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
i read the article, although i hate the injury to brett, the injury that worries me is ben. as much as he gets hit, that low grade seperation could become a much more troublesome injury/

phillyesq
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
This is bad news. The whole D was playing well, including Kiesel. Going to Eason, Kirshke and Roye is a big step down.

AkronSteel
09-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I was hoping that this injury would not be too bad, but I guess it didn't work out that way. It is a blow but I would much rather lose Brett than Aaron. I think the team will be able to survive. It does hurt with some of the formation packages that we include Brett in b/c of his versatility. Oh well heres hoping that Nick, Travis and ORoye will be able to hold down the fort.

AngryAsian
09-15-2008, 11:28 PM
I was hoping that this injury would not be too bad, but I guess it didn't work out that way. It is a blow but I would much rather lose Brett than Aaron. I think the team will be able to survive. It does hurt with some of the formation packages that we include Brett in b/c of his versatility. Oh well heres hoping that Nick, Travis and ORoye will be able to hold down the fort.

Agreed. Losing AS last year was horrid and I do believe Aaron had two sacks last night. We can't miss that kind of production.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Suck, suck, suck. We talked an awful lot about how the depth along the d-line was the worst of any unit on the team, and now a starter is down until midseason at the earliest.

Luckily, Kirschke and Eason have looked better so far than they ever have in Steeler uniforms. Hopefully, they can keep up that quality play with more reps being given to both of them now. Certainly, Roye will be active once again, so we'll see just how much he has left in the tank.

I wonder how Kyle Clement's preseason injury has been coming along? He seemed to impress during training camp, but the injury forced us to let him go. He would be a nice add to the practice squad at this point if his body is physically up to it.

frankthetank1
09-16-2008, 07:28 AM
that sucks but it could be worse. if i could pick anyone from the starters that i would want out of the line up it would either be foote or kiesel. at least its not a.smith thats hurt

Oviedo
09-16-2008, 07:54 AM
that sucks but it could be worse. if i could pick anyone from the starters that i would want out of the line up it would either be foote or kiesel. at least its not a.smith thats hurt

Frank--losing the team leader in QB pressures the last two yearsis going to hurt us. I think we will see how valuable Kiesel really is just like we did when Smith went down.

I wonder if we resign McBean?

Steely76
09-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Frank--losing the team leader in QB pressures the last two yearsis going to hurt us. I think we will see how valuable Kiesel really is just like we did when Smith went down.

I wonder if we resign McBean?

Keisel is nowhere near as valuable as Smith.

Oviedo
09-16-2008, 09:40 AM
McBean is on the Denver practcie squad

Dre Moore is on the Tampa Bay practcie squad

I'd sign Moore!